Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Switch to Forum Live View Child Abuse Rate At Zero Percent In Lesbian Households
4 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2011 - 4:00PM #131
TPaine

Jan 21, 2011 -- 8:35PM, Lakerstyle wrote:

LOL...No, I just became a grandma. One month old, now. Out of town helping out with the new bundle of joy. I actually studied French. Funny, cause everyone else studies spanish. I felt like a fish out of water cause I cuold not use my second language with anyone else. But I have a co-worker who was born in switzerland, but her family spoke french. At work she and I always converse in french together. That kept us strong in the language. So I came back home from visiting the kids over the Holidays, and had over a hundred emails I had not answered. This one was one of them. I responded in French. It was a nice surprise, actually.

LAKERSTYLE....

Congratulations, Grandma on the new (Granddaughter? Grandson?)! I can say from experience that having grandchildren is even more fun than having children. With the grandkids you can spoil them and then send them home to Mom & Dad.Innocent

"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives." -- General Smedley Butler: War is a Racket (1935)

"War is mankind's most tragic and stupid folly; to seek or advise its deliberate provocation is a black crime against all men. Though you follow the trade of the warrior, you do so in the spirit of Washington — not of Genghis Khan. For Americans, only threat to our way of life justifies resort to conflict." - General of the Army Dwight D. Eisenhower: Graduation Exercises at the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York, USA at 3 June 1947
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2011 - 7:53PM #132
Lakerstyle

Jan 22, 2011 -- 4:00PM, TPaine wrote:

Jan 21, 2011 -- 8:35PM, Lakerstyle wrote:

LOL...No, I just became a grandma. One month old, now. Out of town helping out with the new bundle of joy. I actually studied French. Funny, cause everyone else studies spanish. I felt like a fish out of water cause I cuold not use my second language with anyone else. But I have a co-worker who was born in switzerland, but her family spoke french. At work she and I always converse in french together. That kept us strong in the language. So I came back home from visiting the kids over the Holidays, and had over a hundred emails I had not answered. This one was one of them. I responded in French. It was a nice surprise, actually.

LAKERSTYLE....

Congratulations, Grandma on the new (Granddaughter? Grandson?)! I can say from experience that having grandchildren is even more fun than having children. With the grandkids you can spoil them and then send them home to Mom & Dad.

Thanks Tpaine.....And It's a girl...Her name is "Ryleigh Brooke-" I call her "Toot"! I can't wait to start spoiling her...

LAKERSTYLE...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2011 - 9:19PM #133
REteach

Je parle Franish, plus mauvais...

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2011 - 3:19PM #134
Lakerstyle

Jan 22, 2011 -- 9:19PM, REteach wrote:

Je parle Franish, plus mauvais...

LOL....

LAKERSTYLE...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 9:13AM #135
darcamani

Lakerstyle, congrats.

back to topic.

Any here besides me, a lesbian mom who knows anything about what us lesbian moms go through to actually not get killed while raising our young, and keeping our kids safe from kind people that hate us ?

Anyone have CPS investigate everything just to sneeze and wipe butts?

Just because one is gay?

There is a reason there is a very low rate of child abuse among lesbians.

1. Many have to fight to survive, and choose to become parents and protect our kids like a mama bear.

2. Those who conceive before accepting being true to self are very protective of everyone near and dear. Read above.

3.  Yes all folk are fallible.  There are abusive relationships and kids get hurt.

It is a human issue.

Aint nuthin' special about being a gay parent.   Almost anyone can breed.

There is something special about being a parent. Not all are cut out for that wonder.

In my case, I chose.

Best choice ever.

:)

Now you all can go back to writing franish.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 4:11PM #136
dblad

Jan 21, 2011 -- 8:47PM, REteach wrote:

J'ai deux filles qui sont encientes. 

(J'ai oublie beaucoup de francais. C'est terrible! Lo siento!

teach stick to English... Cry

J'ai deux filles qui sont encientes. [I have two daughters who are annual.] ??

J'ai oublie beaucoup de francais. C'est terrible! Lo siento! [I have forgotten many French. This is terrible! Lo siento]

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook