Page 3 of 13  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hawaii voters FOR same-sex unions
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 2:39PM #21
mainecaptain

faith713 I have a question. Why would a God need anyone to SERVE it?

That would be a human desire and beneath a God.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 2:39PM #22
darcamani

LOL!

Faith713,

I do not show you in a negative light. You show your self and your faith in a negative light.

"I am a sinner, all are sinners, we are all bad and need your help because?

Your choice.

I asked for positive life affirmiming wonder and you can't come up with anything. Which tells me you are lying. Don't even believe your own stuff.

Deal with this and your Idol.

Good for Hawaii.

They actually think!

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 2:59PM #23
TPaine

Nov 8, 2010 -- 7:59AM, faith713 wrote:

I trust God knows what's best for His own creation. If His word says homosexual behavior is a sin then it is something destructive for our souls. As a Christian, to deny God's authority and sovereignty is being self-righteous.

I agree that God knows what's best for his/her creations, but my God is not the Christian God. My God does not believe that things that do not harm others is sinful. My God created all people, both male and female, homo and heterosexual, and (s)he created them equally righteous intended everyone to have equal rights. I also do not believe in the concept of Original Sin.

"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives." -- General Smedley Butler: War is a Racket (1935)

"War is mankind's most tragic and stupid folly; to seek or advise its deliberate provocation is a black crime against all men. Though you follow the trade of the warrior, you do so in the spirit of Washington — not of Genghis Khan. For Americans, only threat to our way of life justifies resort to conflict." - General of the Army Dwight D. Eisenhower: Graduation Exercises at the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York, USA at 3 June 1947
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 3:32PM #24
Yavanna

Nov 8, 2010 -- 1:37PM, faith713 wrote:

Nov 8, 2010 -- 10:09AM, dblad wrote:

Nov 8, 2010 -- 9:53AM, faith713 wrote:

LOL. I have been proposed to more than once, silly. Why do you feel the need to portray me in such a negative light?

Yes, we do reap what we sow (Galatians  6:7) . We reap death when we sow sin (Romans 6:23).

Galatians 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Also from Galatians 6...  3If you think you are better than others, when you really aren't, you are wrong. 4Do your own work well, and then you will have something to be proud of. But don't compare yourself with others. 5We each must carry our own load.

Faith you should know that Paul's letters to the Galatians, as are all   most of his letters, are wirtten to Christians in Churches he established. Repeat they are written to Christians, you claim to be a Christian, so they apply to you. They do not apply to persons that are not Christians as you claim the rest of us to be. So take heed lest you fall from grace.

Edited..db

Where did I compare myself to others? Saying something is sin as stated in scripture isn't saying I'm better than others.

If non-believers are going to use the Bible as support for immorality then it is my duty as a Christian to expose those lies. 

(Eph 5:11)  

Whom do you serve?

I think you mean perceived lies. We're not lying. You simply disagree with our position. It's not nice to call other people liars. There's your example of how it can be construed you're saying you're better than others, especially when you're calling us all "liars".

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 4:07PM #25
mainecaptain

Nov 8, 2010 -- 3:32PM, Yavanna wrote:

Where did I compare myself to others? Saying something is sin as stated in scripture isn't saying I'm better than others.

If non-believers are going to use the Bible as support for immorality then it is my duty as a Christian to expose those lies. 

Whom do you serve?

I think you mean perceived lies. We're not lying. You simply disagree with our position. It's not nice to call other people liars. There's your example of how it can be construed you're saying you're better than others, especially when you're calling us all "liars".

You are correct Yavanna.

faith, no one here is telling any lies. What you consider sin, is only SIN in your book, and in your religion. And does not apply to anyone who does not follow YOUR religion(s), and its rules and regs.

However faith, isn't lying about other people as you have done here, a SIN??? Bearing false witness and all.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 4:13PM #26
dblad

Whom do you serve?

Everytime you quote Scripture, to prove a point, you are comparing yourself to others.

Galatians 5: 6If you are a follower of Christ Jesus, it makes no difference ... All that matters is your faith that makes you love others.

7You were doing so well until someone made you turn from the truth.

All I'm doing is quoting from the same book that you use to refute your charges. One can just about prove anything they want to by pfoof-texting.

A proof-text is a verse or short passage from the Bible used by someone as part of his proof for a doctrinal belief he wishes to substantiate to others.

The result of reliance on proof-texts is a moral certainty and overbearing arrogance that is not supported by one’s study or learning.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 5:34PM #27
faith713

Nov 8, 2010 -- 2:59PM, TPaine wrote:

Nov 8, 2010 -- 7:59AM, faith713 wrote:

I trust God knows what's best for His own creation. If His word says homosexual behavior is a sin then it is something destructive for our souls. As a Christian, to deny God's authority and sovereignty is being self-righteous.

I agree that God knows what's best for his/her creations, but my God is not the Christian God. My God does not believe that things that do not harm others is sinful. My God created all people, both male and female, homo and heterosexual, and (s)he created them equally righteous intended everyone to have equal rights. I also do not believe in the concept of Original Sin.

Everyone is righteous? Then why did your god create Hitler?

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 5:40PM #28
faith713

Nov 8, 2010 -- 2:39PM, mainecaptain wrote:

faith713 I have a question. Why would a God need anyone to SERVE it?

That would be a human desire and beneath a God.

[most]Christians choose to serve God because we love Him.

Joshua 24: 15 – And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, chooseyou this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 5:46PM #29
Sirronrex

Nov 8, 2010 -- 5:40PM, faith713 wrote:

Exactly.

Jesus, the man, taught his followers to serve other people because they love them.

I've been on a journey to nowhere...
and know that's the best place to be...
now...here...

If my faith isn't leading me inward, then my faith is leading me astray.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 7:25PM #30
dblad

Nov 8, 2010 -- 5:40PM, faith713 wrote:

Joshua 24: 15 – And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, chooseyou this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Joshua 24:23Joshua said, " But you still have some idols, like those the other nations worship. Get rid of your idols! You must decide once and for all that you really want to obey the LORD God of Israel."

Get rid of your idols faith, then you might be able to claim that you serve the Lord.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 13  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook