Post Reply
Page 1 of 13  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hawaii voters FOR same-sex unions
4 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2010 - 8:13PM #1
dblad
Posts: 1,696

Hawaii voters opened the way for same-sex civil unions to become state law next year, with an election that gave victory to a pro-gay rights gubernatorial candidate and rejected many church-backed candidates.


The state House and Senate retained the Democratic majorities that approved a civil unions bill this year before it was vetoed, and Democratic Gov.-elect Neil Abercrombie has said he will sign a similar law if passed by the Legislature.


www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40043693/ns/us_news...


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 8:34AM #2
faith713
Posts: 3,892

Just because something is made legal doesn't mean it is moral, like abortion for instance. As a Christian, God's word should reign over man's. Homosexual behavior is still a sin.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 8:59AM #3
Sirronrex
Posts: 2,675

Nov 7, 2010 -- 8:34AM, faith713 wrote:


Just because something is made legal doesn't mean it is moral, like abortion for instance. As a Christian, God's word should reign over man's. Homosexual behavior is still a sin.






Just because your religion is legal and you are free to practice it, doesn't mean it is moral.


As a Christian, you allow a book to rule over you. Such behavior is, by far, spiritually deadening.

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Nov 09, 2010 - 03:55PM

I've been on a journey to nowhere...
and know that's the best place to be...
now...here...




If my faith isn't leading me inward, then my faith is leading me astray.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 11:02AM #4
REteach
Posts: 14,559

Nov 7, 2010 -- 8:34AM, faith713 wrote:


Just because something is made legal doesn't mean it is moral,



Like your right to post prejudice and hatred.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 1:48PM #5
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,783

Nov 7, 2010 -- 8:34AM, faith713 wrote:


Just because something is made legal doesn't mean it is moral, like abortion for instance. As a Christian, God's word should reign over man's. Homosexual behavior is still a sin.




No it is not a sin, Except in your religion, not any where else, not for anyone else. Only for your narrow particular religion. No where else.


Which is why is so wonderful that it is now legal in Hawaii, because it is a state in what is suppose to be a secular nation. And thus not suppose to be following rule and regulations based on your particular religion.


It should however, be considered sinful to hurt and discriminate against people you don't like.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 3:32PM #6
TPaine
Posts: 9,339

Nov 7, 2010 -- 8:34AM, faith713 wrote:


Just because something is made legal doesn't mean it is moral, like abortion for instance. As a Christian, God's word should reign over man's. Homosexual behavior is still a sin.



Since God wouldn't make mistakes, I'll listen to your opinion about God's Word when you can prove to me that the Christian Bible is inerrant.


The thesaurus shows that synonyms for sin include words such as crime, evil, guilt, and wickedness. So when you say that homosexuality is a sin, you encourage those disturbed individuals who bully, assault, torture, or murder homosexuals that they are doing God's will. You also sanction those unhappy people who are considering suicide because they can't overcome their innate homosexual desires to take their own lives.


Main Entry:     sin
Part of Speech:     noun
Definition:     illegal or immoral action
Synonyms:     anger, covetousness, crime, damnation, debt, deficiency, demerit, disobedience, envy, error, evil, evil-doing, fault, gluttony, guilt, immorality, imperfection, iniquity, lust, misdeed, offense, peccability, peccadillo, peccancy, pride, shortcoming, sinfulness, sloth, tort, transgression, trespass, ungodliness, unrighteousness, veniality, vice, violation, wickedness, wrong, wrongdoing, wrongness
Antonyms:     behavior, goodness, morality
Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition
Copyright © 2010 by the Philip Lief Group. (emphasis added)



Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 4:24PM #7
faith713
Posts: 3,892

No, TPaine, we are not responsible for the actions of others. Your guilt and manipulation tactics aren't working.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 4:46PM #8
REteach
Posts: 14,559

Nov 7, 2010 -- 3:32PM, TPaine wrote:


Since God wouldn't make mistakes, I'll listen to your opinion about God's Word when you can prove to me that the Christian Bible is inerrant.



She has already proved that the Christian Bible makes mistakes.  We have quoted very clear and straightforward passages which state that women are not allowed to teach men, and she has cited verses that say the opposite.  She has already proven that the Bible makes mistakes.  



I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 4:48PM #9
REteach
Posts: 14,559

Nov 7, 2010 -- 4:24PM, faith713 wrote:


No, TPaine, we are not responsible for the actions of others. Your guilt and manipulation tactics aren't working.




Your posts make it very clear that you feel the same way about God's posts in the Bible as well.


Shall we list them again?

Jesus said to worry about your own sins.


Jesus said not to throw stones unless you were sinless.


Jesus said not to judge.


Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself.


Jesus said to treat others as you want to be treated.


 


You manage to ignore them all.  Sounds like you are guilt free and godless.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 5:33PM #10
TPaine
Posts: 9,339

Nov 7, 2010 -- 4:24PM, faith713 wrote:


No, TPaine, we are not responsible for the actions of others. Your guilt and manipulation tactics aren't working.



How self-righteous can you be, faith? If people read your homosexuality is sinful posts, and then say to themselves, "I can't overcome my attraction to other men and Christians say that sinners are condemned by God, I better kill myself before I given into these desires," and then do so, you deny any responsibility? If you actually believed that the Bible was the Word of God, you would accept the whole thing, not just the verses that support your bigotry.


I have nothing to feel guilty about. I'm not like you, faith. I believe that all people were created equal regardless of of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, or sexual orientation. You don't.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 13  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook