Page 5 of 17  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 Next
4 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 10:57AM #41
Sirronrex

Sep 28, 2010 -- 10:33AM, darcamani wrote:

I am owning ignorance here, "tempted sexually"?

Is this a man thing, a hormone thing, a christian thing?  A human thing?  

I have been turned on by many, yet I have not felt "tempted". I used common sense and ethics to direct this wonder.  I said "no thank you" Or,"Yes. sure!" As an adult this was always consensual.

Yeah, I don't understand that at all either, Dar.

I find many men sexually attractive and lustfully inviting.

I am never tempted to cavort with them. I have everything I need and desire in my partner and in myself. I am not interested or tempted by lustful thoughts about sex. They come. They go. They aren't even a challenge. They are like the wind...fleeting. The same is true regarding alcohol. Do I sometimes have the silly thought of having a drink? You bet! But these instances are so far and few between. When they do arise, they are of little influence on me. My greater self knows far better than to succumb to such silliness. The same is true of lustful desires. My greater self is in control...not my ego...when it comes to such things.

People like Jonny and SquirleyWurley appear to be threatened by such thoughts perhaps because their ego is what rules over them. It's obvious to me they haven't a clue about their greater self.

Moderated by REteach on Sep 28, 2010 - 08:22PM

I've been on a journey to nowhere...
and know that's the best place to be...
now...here...

If my faith isn't leading me inward, then my faith is leading me astray.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 11:17AM #42
darcamani

Sirron,

I hear you,

Sure I have feelings of all kinds, they are fleeting.  I don't have to fret or pray or ask for divine help I simply acknowledge and let go, takes about a minute.  I do fall prey to an occaisional cheesburger...

Except on NCIS night. I watch that show for different reasons. Hot smart dangerous  women. That is it, I know they are actors and this is fiction. No threat to me or my family. Simply tv nigh for my family.  A lttle murder and mayhem, cute women and a plot .

That  is about the extent of my wild life. 

The rest of my days are firmly grounded in reality.  Which has its' moments too!

Very full. My lover fits the smart and hot part, not so dangerous, she even talks with ants. I prefer her reality but the tv show is fun.  She does not watch tv at all.    I keep my Tuesday nights on "Our calendar"(sic).  She does one thing and I do mine.

But the sexual angst is a choice. In  My Not So Humble Opinion.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 11:24AM #43
darcamani

Although I was raised christian, I simply do not understand these concepts of natural behavior being evil.

I did not believe it then and do not believe this now.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 12:44PM #44
Jcarlinbn

I think it is a testosterone thing.  A male animal (that's me) is tempted to mount anything that moves.  Male babies rock on their pillows.  As we mature we learn that there are rules about what we can mount in public, and even in private lots of arcane rules govern what we can mount.  

The pair bonding power of sex at least for human males is an evolutionary necessity, since a two parent family is a powerful evolutionary advantage.  The pair bonding is independent of the gender of the pair, however, as was noticed early in history especially in (male) armies.  You know your lover is going to have your back in battle.  Whoever you "exceed" with will have a special place in your life.  In biblical times "exceeding" with a woman was the definition of marriage.  

One of Paul's problems (he had many) with temple prostitution was that if the males "exceeded" with the God of the temple, this created a more powerful bond than even the sin and self-hate he was using as his marketing tool.  Hence his hatred of all thoughts of sex.  Even male on female sex. 

Sep 28, 2010 -- 10:33AM, darcamani wrote:

I am owning ignorance here, "tempted sexually"?

Is this a man thing, a hormone thing, a christian thing?  A human thing? 

Dar

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 12:56PM #45
Sirronrex

Sep 28, 2010 -- 12:44PM, Jcarlinbn wrote:

In biblical times "exceeding" with a woman was the definition of marriage.  

I'm sure that had something to do with the fact that babies magically appear, but only when a male plants his seed in a female but not in a male. The magic only occurs when a male plants his seed in a woman but not when he plants his seed in a man, so God must only approve of a male planting his seed in a woman because that is the only time God sprinkles his magic and makes babies magically appear. The "crops" are only blessed by God when the seed is planted in the right field. Don't plant two different crops in the same field and all of that rubbish ignorant humans guessed about God and what he does and does not bless. Silly doesn't get any sillier.

Cave men recognized this magic no doubt...but even they probably recognized the value of pair bonding and the love and security such bonding provides, with or without magic babies appearing.

now...here...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 3:28PM #46
darcamani

Females have a bit of testosterone also and also rock themselves to sleep as infants.  Before they can read . As human animals we all seek comfort. Orally and... all one needs to do is observe and accept. Masturbation is a very real thing too, it is self comfort .  Only when this activity is done  and impedes daily living does it become a problem. 

"Exceed" LOL, You are very right J',  men visited temple prostitutes, mostly  male, some real females, considered them human links to the gods.  That connection was far more powerful then any mortal woman. As the men often were off to meet a violent death.  It was the Northern  Barbarians that fought along side their women and children, scared the Romans  to death.

The women would take up their fallen mates swords and wreaked havoc. Even blocking their encampment so the men folk could not run away!  No wounded left behind, were talking kill or be killed.  Don't want to mess with an angry women who has no Roman clue! 

Domestic union as we know it now simply did not exist back then.  Marriages were arranged contracts, most of the time.  By the parents. The man that had only daughters was considered a  sorry dude indeed. 

No male heir? uh oh.

There were no church weddings, no bacherlor parties, no rings exchanged and no house with a white picket fence. Anywhere.

And no NT, and no Paul. He came later while the mess was still happening. Having no knowledge of history beyond experience and oral tradition and a working knowledge of Greek. Because the Romans were busy conquering everyone they could find.

History.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 3:34PM #47
Sirronrex

Sep 28, 2010 -- 3:28PM, darcamani wrote:

Females have a bit of testosterone also and also rock themselves to sleep as infants.  Before they can read . As human animals we all seek comfort. Orally and... all one needs to do is observe and accept. Masturbation is a very real thing too, it is self comfort .  Only when this activity is done  and impedes daily living does it become a problem. 

"Exceed" LOL, You are very right J',  men visited temple prostitutes, mostly  male, some real females, considered them human links to the gods.  That connection was far more powerful then any mortal woman. As the men often were off to meet a violent death.  It was the Northern  Barbarians that fought along side their women and children, scared the Romans  to death.

The women would take up their fallen mates swords and wreaked havoc. Even blocking their encampment so the men folk could not run away!  No wounded left behind, were talking kill or be killed.  Don't want to mess with an angry women who has no Roman clue! 

Domestic union as we know it now simply did not exist back then.  Marriages were arranged contracts, most of the time.  By the parents. The man that had only daughters was considered a  sorry dude indeed. 

No male heir? uh oh.

There were no church weddings, no bacherlor parties, no rings exchanged and no house with a white picket fence. Anywhere.

And no NT, and no Paul. He came later while the mess was still happening. Having no knowledge of history beyond experience and oral tradition and a working knowledge of Greek. Because the Romans were busy conquering everyone they could find.

History.

Dar

When it got around to the Christian religion being created, the first thing that got killed was the Goddess...and the world has been in an ever-declining state of ruin ever since.

This isn't made more apparent than in the words of Christians spreading their brand of male-dominated terrorism throughout the world.

now...here...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 3:50PM #48
darcamani

Sirron; I would quote you except...

anyway, yes men became very threatened by women in general, because we bleed without being wounded.  that was a big one, and women invented the written word, and agriculture and set up villages, because the men folk were out killing each other.

We even invented dildoes.

Some date 7,000 B.C.E .

Goddess worship still is around hidden behind Mary and many Saints  in Western culture and always present in Hindu and Buddhist practice, sigh, it is not the same. Alive yet really trashed by threatened men who wish to bleed painlessly and can't. 

Yet who is called for in deep pain ?

MOM!

In any language it remains,  "MOM!"  100% of the folk I have held all asked for their mother. Never dad. Never.  That is a bunch of people.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 5:31PM #49
SquirleyWurley

Re: temptations, no my eyes hardly wander at all nowadays, I am generally not attracted as I was before, my impulses and reactions have changed a bit.  I don't want to take it for granted and act as if I'm immune to temptation, that's all.

Re: eyes wandering, lust, etc.  It's interesting how trying to change an established pattern can bring out resistance or highlight previously unknown expectations and habits which encourage or trigger impulses and reactions which have become associated with established behavioral responses.  In hindsight, I lump a lot of things together: lust, wandering eyes, fueling a fantasy, dwelling on fond feelings for men, holding on to an idea that I won't/can't change, etc.  At any given time in the past I may have been challenged more by one aspect of it than another.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 5:54PM #50
Sirronrex

Sep 28, 2010 -- 5:31PM, SquirleyWurley wrote:

Re: temptations, no my eyes hardly wander at all nowadays, I am generally not attracted as I was before, my impulses and reactions have changed a bit.  I don't want to take it for granted and act as if I'm immune to temptation, that's all.

Re: eyes wandering, lust, etc.  It's interesting how trying to change an established pattern can bring out resistance or highlight previously unknown expectations and habits which encourage or trigger impulses and reactions which have become associated with established behavioral responses.  In hindsight, I lump a lot of things together: lust, wandering eyes, fueling a fantasy, dwelling on fond feelings for men, holding on to an idea that I won't/can't change, etc.  At any given time in the past I may have been challenged more by one aspect of it than another.

Whatever.

Your future is one of loneliness.

You can keep it.

now...here...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 17  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook