Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Should Female Sports Reporter Have to Be Less Sexy?
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 5:26PM #41
Cesmom

Sep 15, 2010 -- 12:59PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Sep 14, 2010 -- 10:18PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Does anyone really believe that because a woman is "sexy" she deserves harassment?

No, not at all.

Should she be forced to dress in a manner that fully covers and hides her assets just to avoid harassment?

No, not to avoid harassment, but she should dress like a professional reporter.

I think it's all cut and dried. If you're a reporter, dress professionally. If you're a woman, stay out of the men's locker room. If you're a man, stay out of the women's locker room.

I agree.  I would also go one further and say, why not just keep reporters the heck out of locker rooms?  Period.  Problem solved.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 5:36PM #42
mainecaptain

Sep 15, 2010 -- 4:10PM, appy20 wrote:

I think that some women define the essence of their soul according to how much arousal they can elicit from men.  I am not criticizing it.  To some people, sex is art and their primary focus in life.  It is who they are. It is their personal style.   It doesn't bother me. I have worked with people like that. I once managed an employee like this and my superiors were constantly on my back to deal with her.  Since, we did have a dress code, I did have to address it.  It never offended me personally.  Ironically, the people who complained the most from the public were old men.  There were no complaints about this woman's dress from women. 

Thank you, that makes sense, and I am naive Embarassed
I still don't see the point, but that is just me. I think I grew weird.

I like to look nice definitely, but I would never dress sexy for work. But hey as someone said, she is known now, she got her 15 minutes.Smile

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 5:58PM #43
Ur2

Ms. Sainz works for TV Azteca which is the second largest Mexican television network after Televisa. It ain't no Mom n Pops outfit. Homesite link:  www.tvazteca.com/

There isn't a person over 30 and who isn't a "hottie" of their own design and lots of sexy eye candy to get your attention.

TeleMundo is American-owned and it is the second-largest Spanish-language content producer in the world, and the second-largest Spanish-language network in the United States, behind Univision.

Go to their homepages and then read my second paragraph again. The same goes. For what it's worth, those folks are sexier than we are. Ms. Sainz is just part of Mexican TV and is a dime-a-dozen employee willing to burn her cheeks for the camera. I love watching their channels for the Weather.

This is yet another media induced trance we've allowed ourselves to be dulled into watching. I think we've got a huge clash of cultures here. Somebody's going to call us snobbish if we keep this up. If a woman doesn't want to see a man rearranging himself, don't go where they do.

Thanx,

Ur2   

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 5:58PM #44
MMarcoe

Sep 15, 2010 -- 3:52PM, appy20 wrote:

One of the reasons I love being ugly is that I don't have to put up with crap like that.  I would find it degrading. Last week a guy told me I looked nice that day and I felt degraded.  Made sure I didn't wear that again.  I threw the outfit away.  

No woman is ugly. You should have let that man's compliment into your heart rather than finding it degrading.

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 7:01PM #45
arielg

There is one reason she is doing it: Sex sells.  A hot babe is sex. Duh! 

All this theorizing and nonsense about "equal rights" and "why a man can't go to a woman's locker room", and blah, blah, blah, is not how the world works out there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 8:37PM #46
teilhard

It's Part of "The Double Standard," you see ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 8:55PM #47
Christianlib

Funny,  I have heard not a single woman object to the blatant use of sex, CLEAR innuendo, and a half-naked man to sell Old Spice.

Yep, WE ALL have some double standards, hmmmmm.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 9:15PM #48
Ebon

Sep 15, 2010 -- 8:55PM, Christianlib wrote:

Funny,  I have heard not a single woman object to the blatant use of sex, CLEAR innuendo, and a half-naked man to sell Old Spice.

I can remember some brave reporter pointing out that if teh "Diet Coke man" had been a woman and done the exact same things, people would have had a fit.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 9:21PM #49
teilhard

" ... said Barnacle Bill, The Sailor ... "

( for a TREAT, Google that ... )

Sep 15, 2010 -- 8:55PM, Christianlib wrote:

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 10:19PM #50
Erey

Sep 15, 2010 -- 3:52PM, appy20 wrote:

[

. Last week a guy told me I looked nice that day and I felt degraded.  Made sure I didn't wear that again.  I threw the outfit away. 

Hmmmm, I feel compelled to comment that your reaction sounds way harsh.  I would say unneccessarily harsh.  Perhaps you can reconsider?
IMO, life is too short to feel akward about that kind of thing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook