Switch to Forum Live View From a Conservative Jew leaning towards Orthodox a little
4 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2010 - 5:48PM #1
Conservativemoderatejew4life

Shalom, my name is Nate and I'm a Conservative Jew leaning towards Conservadox and I am in the minority. I have many L.G.B.T. friends and people I care about. Nothing is wrong with being L.G.B.T. and when people mix politics with religion that's where the real danger is. I support 100% Gay, Lesbian and Transgender Marriage. I am a Straight man, and I just wanted to give my viewpoint and opinion on the issue.Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2010 - 8:44PM #2
REteach

I am a liberal, heterosexual, married 32 years mostly Christian who agrees with you. 

I find it sad and odd that so much hatred, dissent and exclusion is preached in the name of a God who said justice and mercy were more important than sacrifice, who cared even about the cattle of the Ninevites. 

We are just as stubborn and hard headed as anybody 4000 years ago...

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2010 - 9:24AM #3
Sirronrex

I am a gay man, married to another man for ten years. I have found a wonder-filled realm of beauty and peace as a result of following the path attributed to a man named Jesus. 

I appreciate the love, acceptance, and support shown by those who have shed the ignorance of the past and who look forward to the promise of a better world for all, together.

I've been on a journey to nowhere...
and know that's the best place to be...
now...here...

If my faith isn't leading me inward, then my faith is leading me astray.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook