Page 14 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Christianity and Gay Marriage
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 1:00PM #131
mainecaptain

Oct 8, 2010 -- 10:13AM, Sirronrex wrote:

Sep 17, 2010 -- 5:49PM, REteach wrote:

God fills my life as well. I too feel sorry for those who have been so filled with fear of God that they are unable to feel the love and presence of God. I would get angry with those to do it, but I suspect they were treated the same way. 

Those who have been filled with fear of God have only done so because of sacred texts and religious doctrine. They do it to themselves.

Most assuredly, they have not found that fear from experiencing God, but from the lack of it.

I had not thought about it that way, but you are probably right. How very sad.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 3:56PM #132
Sirronrex

Bumped...

For the nut gatherer.

I've been on a journey to nowhere...
and know that's the best place to be...
now...here...

If my faith isn't leading me inward, then my faith is leading me astray.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2010 - 1:56PM #133
TPaine

Sep 17, 2010 -- 11:05AM, faith713 wrote:

We are created to worship and to love according to Gods design. For example, we are told not to love the things of the world. Gods love will not break His original design for love. We are to love the sinners but to hate the sin. We are not to corrupt Gods original creation. Love is obedience toward God and His commands.

“God is love” but “love is not God.” Never replace this truth or turn it upside down. This can lead to idolatry as we worship the love or person. God is at the center of life, but He won’t force himself on us

3 fold pattern of human behavior. 1) Men replace God in their lives with what He has created. 2) God turns men over to what they prefer. 3) Men act out in their lives. This leads to putting Gods creation in place of God which is idolatry. Homosexuality is a form of idolatry. God is exchanged with the carnal temporal pleasures of this life Worships an image of oneself through same-sex copulation. Leads to failed worship which is our worst disorder. Men fail to acknowledge God anymore. They fall to their own lusts and loves. Worship and love of this kind is not of God.

Gods love is pure and according to His Word.

www.biblicaltruthtoday.com/mtof.shtml

That is your opinion, not fact. Other Christians disagree with you. Since you're not God, you don't have the right to choose who is right and who is wrong. Further, your constant denigration of an entire segment of the population based on selected quotes from an ancient book while ignoring other quotes from that same book that invalidate your POV is detestable and potentially harmful to lurkers who read your diatribes.

May your God forgive you for whatever lives you destroy through your intolerant posts.

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2010 - 2:55PM #134
Sirronrex

Sep 17, 2010 -- 11:05AM, faith713 wrote:

We are created to worship and to love according to Gods design. For example, we are told not to love the things of the world.

It is truly amazing how completely warped your view of the world is and how corrupted your sight is.

You claim to be created to worship and love according to God's design...and of course we all know you make this claim based on what you read in your book and that your reference to "God's design" is a reference to your book. Then, as an example, you claim you are told not to love the things of the world. The bible is clearly of the world, and yet you are so deluded and warped by your religion and your beliefs that you cannot comprehend the paradox you create for yourself. You simply ignore it.

Love is obedience toward God and His commands.

Once again, you expose your complete ignorance and lack of experience of love.

You simply parrot what someone else says it is. You, obviously, haven't a clue about love...or God for that matter. All you know and experience is what you read. You know nothing and experience nothing else. Certainly, you have never experienced God directly.

3 fold pattern of human behavior. 1) Men replace God in their lives with what He has created. 2) God turns men over to what they prefer. 3) Men act out in their lives. This leads to putting Gods creation in place of God which is idolatry. Homosexuality is a form of idolatry. God is exchanged with the carnal temporal pleasures of this life Worships an image of oneself through same-sex copulation. Leads to failed worship which is our worst disorder. Men fail to acknowledge God anymore. They fall to their own lusts and loves. Worship and love of this kind is not of God.

The 3 fold law:

What you give you will receive times 3.

It is obvious why you receive nothing but disdain. It is obvious why you haven't a clue about love.

The only idolatry being expressed in this forum is the idolatry of the mind being professed by those who claim to know God's mind by reading a stupid book written by men.

now...here...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2010 - 4:51PM #135
dblad

Faith quotes from www.biblicaltruthtoday.com/aboutus.shtml

About Us
The "Biblical Truth Today" is a Sister Site of C.A.V.E. Ministries. C.A.V.E. Ministries is a group of people who work to prove the Bible's truth of creation versus the ongoing teaching of the "Big Bang" and "Evolution" that is taught in schools today. C.A.V.E. Ministries is working to give the Biblical Teaching of God's word to help the lost find their way to their creator and Savior Jesus Christ.

CAVE ministries believes in dragons 

Dinosaurs and Dragons www.caveministries.com/cu.shtml

You shall know the truth (as faith see it) and the truth will keep you locked in ignorance forever..

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2010 - 12:56PM #136
Sirronrex

Nov 4, 2010 -- 4:51PM, dblad wrote:

About Us
The "Biblical Truth Today" is a Sister Site of C.A.V.E. Ministries. C.A.V.E. Ministries is a group of people who work to prove the Bible's truth of creation versus the ongoing teaching of the "Big Bang" and "Evolution" that is taught in schools today. C.A.V.E. Ministries is working to give the Biblical Teaching of God's word to help the lost find their way to their creator and Savior Jesus Christ.

You shall know the truth (as faith see it) and the truth will keep you locked in ignorance forever..

Faith713's beliefs are reflective of the stone age so the above is of little surprise.

now...here...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2010 - 7:14PM #137
TPaine

Nov 4, 2010 -- 4:51PM, dblad wrote:

About Us

You shall know the truth (as faith see it) and the truth will keep you locked in ignorance forever...

Personally, I don't believe in any creation myth be it the Christian myth, the Islamic myth, the Baluba myth, the Egyptian myth, the Māori myth, Maasai myth, the Quiché myth, or any other myth. Science at least tries to substantiate its theories.

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2010 - 10:59PM #138
SquirleyWurley

Nov 3, 2010 -- 3:56PM, Sirronrex wrote:

Bumped...

For the nut gatherer.

There's nuts on the other side of the tree, too, an old wise Squirrel once said to a youngster...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 1:37AM #139
Sirronrex

Nov 6, 2010 -- 10:59PM, SquirleyWurley wrote:

Bumped...

For the nut gatherer.

There's nuts on the other side of the tree, too, an old wise Squirrel once said to a youngster...

There's only one nut here and he is stuck up in a tree, living in a nest he's built from the shredded pages of an old and withered book.

now...here...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 2:44PM #140
mainecaptain

Nov 6, 2010 -- 10:59PM, SquirleyWurley wrote:

Bumped...

For the nut gatherer.

There is nothing nuts about stopping people from spreading lies and making people suicidal. Only those who spread hate and discrimination

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook