Page 1 of 14  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hitler's all gay army is the reason the 'right' don't want "Don't Ask; Don't Tell" repealed
5 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 10:39PM #1
Do_unto_others

Ah yes, ya can't make this stuff up.

"Top social conservative Bryan Fischer (the head of a Christian conservative group the American Family Association) — who by the way is scheduled to speak with Mike Huckabee, Michelle Bachman, and others at a “Values Voter” summit — said the following on a recent radio broadcast: “So Hitler himself was an active homosexual."

"Hitler recruited around him homosexuals to make up his Stormtroopers, they were his enforcers, they were his thugs. And Hitler discovered that he could not get straight soldiers to be savage and brutal and vicious enough to carry out his orders, but that homosexual solders basically had no limits and the savagery and brutality they were willing to inflict on whomever Hitler sent them after. So he surrounded himself, virtually all of the Stormtroopers, the Brownshirts, were male homosexuals."

And guess what GOPer aligns himself with these nutjobs? - Senator john McCain.

"McCain has said he would support a filibuster to prevent voting on the issue."

Source: joechianakas.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/do...

Additional (harder) news sources:  Talking Points Memo (includes Fischer's radio broadcast), the Guardian, and On Top Magazine.

Moderated by Merope on May 28, 2010 - 01:09AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 10:42PM #2
mytmouse57

That's just stupid, no even worthy of consideration.

To a person, almost every active military member or veteran I've heard from -- either here on B'net or IRL -- has said they have no problem with gays in the military. And those people are really the only ones whose opinions matter to me.

It's time for DADT to go. It's merely a question of whether Obama has the guts to just do it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 10:45PM #3
Girlchristian

I agree with Mytmouse, there is no reason for DADT.

As for Hitler, being a homosexual, German historian Lothar Machtan wrote a book about it in 2001. Here's an article that contains some information, www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001/oct/07/boo....

"Eyewitness accounts from Hitler's former lovers, and historical documents that for the first time illuminate rumours that have circulated for over half a century, are disclosed in Hitler's Secret: The Double Life of a Dictator .

The respected German historian Lothar Machtan even claims in his book that Hitler ordered the deaths of several high-ranking Nazis to prevent the secret of his homosexuality from surfacing.

Ernst Röhm, the leader of Hitler's Sturm Abteilung or Storm Troopers, tried to blackmail Hitler by threatening to reveal his sexuality. Röhm, who was also gay, was murdered as a result, according to Machtan, a history teacher at Bremen University."

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 10:48PM #4
Do_unto_others

May 27, 2010 -- 10:42PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

That's just stupid, no even worthy of consideration.

To a person, almost every active military member or veteran I've heard from -- either here on B'net or IRL -- has said they have no problem with gays in the military. And those people are really the only ones whose opinions matter to me.

It's time for DADT to go. It's merely a question of whether Obama has the guts to just do it.

I agree with your last sentence, but whether or not those military members and veterans are teh "only ones whose opinions matter to [you]" is irrelevant, SINCE THEY AREN'T THE ONES VOTING ON IT NOW ARE THEY? 

This thread is about the political (and religious) "right" - you know, the ones who are going to fillibuster this fair and just repeal attempt. The crazy, lieing, conservative, Republican haters.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 10:51PM #5
Do_unto_others

May 27, 2010 -- 10:45PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Tell that to the Republican 'fambly values' "Christian" liars, GC.

As for Hitler, being a homosexual, German historian Lothar Machtan wrote a book about it in 2001. Here's an article that contains some information, www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001/oct/07/boo....

"Eyewitness accounts from Hitler's former lovers, and historical documents that for the first time illuminate rumours that have circulated for over half a century, are disclosed in Hitler's Secret: The Double Life of a Dictator .

The respected German historian Lothar Machtan even claims in his book that Hitler ordered the deaths of several high-ranking Nazis to prevent the secret of his homosexuality from surfacing.

Ernst Röhm, the leader of Hitler's Sturm Abteilung or Storm Troopers, tried to blackmail Hitler by threatening to reveal his sexuality. Röhm, who was also gay, was murdered as a result, according to Machtan, a history teacher at Bremen University."

Odd how they don't believe "eyewitness accounts" from Charlie Crist's former lovers, eh?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 10:56PM #6
Girlchristian

May 27, 2010 -- 10:51PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Odd how they don't believe "eyewitness accounts" from Charlie Crist's former lovers, eh?

Who is "they"? A German historian wrote a book about Hitler being a homosexual and so have other historians. What does that have to do with Crist?

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 28, 2010 - 7:59AM #7
REteach

There is enough evidence out there anymore that gay people are no different than straight people in any relevant way that this continued homophobia is just evidence of sick minds.  Prejudice and bigotry are not healthy. 

I am sorry that John McCain lost his integrity.  I hope he can find it again some day. Pathetic.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 28, 2010 - 9:39AM #8
Sirronrex

May 27, 2010 -- 10:56PM, Girlchristian wrote:

May 27, 2010 -- 10:51PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Who is "they"? A German historian wrote a book about Hitler being a homosexual and so have other historians. What does that have to do with Crist?

girlchristian,

You always have this tendency to ignore the real point of what's being discussed.

You've gone off on some tangent about German history and blah blah blah...and, yeah, I know, you are "simply responding to something someone else wrote...yada yada yada".

The Christian bigot quoted in the OP is only making the claim about Hitler being gay in an attempt to associate Hitler/Nazi's with gay people. He is attempting to make a connection in the minds of the listeners (also, more than likely, Christian "fambly values" bigots) between gay people and Hitler/Nazis. You fell for it. You went off on some tangent about whether it's true or not that Hitler surrounded himself with homosexuals because he was a homosexual...completely ignoring the manipulative aspect of the statements the bigot made.

Who cares?

What difference does it make if Hitler was gay? Hitler may have been gay, but I, a gay man, am not Hitler. There is no correlation between Hitler's sexuality and his actions. But all of this is beside the point. It doesn't matter one bit if Hitler was gay, straight, bisexual or into monkey love. Who cares?

The Christian bigot quoted in the OP is attempting to demonize gay people by making the association...and most Christians listening are probably bigots and this just adds to their "evidence" that gay people are demonic, etc.

You, girlchristian, appear to have fallen prey to his manipulation...but that isn't a surprise in the least.

I've been on a journey to nowhere...
and know that's the best place to be...
now...here...

If my faith isn't leading me inward, then my faith is leading me astray.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 28, 2010 - 9:46AM #9
Sirronrex

May 28, 2010 -- 7:59AM, REteach wrote:

I am sorry that John McCain lost his integrity. 

John McCain never had any integrity.

The only thing he's lost is his ability to manipulate the voters. He's lost his political savvy....and sticking that ditz from Alaska next to him certainly didn't help.

I've been on a journey to nowhere...
and know that's the best place to be...
now...here...

If my faith isn't leading me inward, then my faith is leading me astray.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 28, 2010 - 10:43AM #10
Do_unto_others

May 27, 2010 -- 10:56PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Crist is just another example of a closeted conservative - you know, like Hitler and Souder and Rekers and Haggard and Mr. "Wide Stance", et al.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 14  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook