Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Birth control pill turns 50
5 years ago  ::  May 25, 2010 - 4:27AM #11
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host
Hot Topics Zone

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 3:04PM #12
Yavanna

May 18, 2010 -- 10:49AM, Peacefirst wrote:

It's a good thing you fellows had your fun before the appearance of HIV/AIDS. Since the pill doesn't protect you from diseases, it may be time to do a little more research on birth control. I'm sorry if I am upsetting those of you who are against birth control, but I prefer it''s use over any type of "casual" abortion. I'm not against abortion when it is definitely needed, either. I just don't like it when it is substituted for birth control. And, I also agree that the pill is not necessarily healthy, just look at the trouble surrounding a couple of the new types. Also, the success rate of different types of birth control is not simply the fault of the method; mainly I think it is because people don't use it or don't use it properly. And, when are we going to get a "pill" for you men?

Ah, there were other nasties floating around even before HIV/AIDS. Hepatitis for example, an old veteran it is.

The anniversary of the pill is a great step for women. Far more so than the condom. It's frightening to think where we might be if it had not been invented.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2