5 years ago  ::  May 04, 2010 - 9:57AM #1
IreneAdler

No, my kid isn’t interested in sex; but all the other kids are.  At least, that is the belief of many parents-per this article:

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36918121/ns/health-...

Maybe this is one reason teens don't receive adequate sex ed. info.

Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 05, 2010 - 4:34AM #2
mytmouse57

I guess some people either forget or block out how horny they were as teenagers.

At 43, I'm still pretty horny... but at 15? My god, I sometimes wonder how I got through the day without just exploding! LOL. I guess the one thing that saved me -- if you want to put it in those terms -- was the fact that I was so darn shy around girls. Primarily because of that -- and, yes, also an altruistic sense of wanting to "save" it for somebody special -- I was a virgin until much, much later.

But because of a lack of desire? LOL! 

I recall once -- when we were in our late 20s, early 30s, a group of my buddies and I were sitting around,  thinking back to when were in that insane horny just-got-through puberty 14 or 15 year old stage. We were comparing notes about who had done the weirdest thing because of his sex drive at that age. The guy who won claims to have tried humping a snow bank. I kid you not... a friggin snow bank.

So, anyway, I have no illusions about either my own two teenage sons -- or the numerous other teenagers among my blended and extended family -- being horny as Hell.

The first step, parents, is to think back, and admit it's real. Yep, your kids are horny!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 13, 2010 - 10:24PM #3
ManzanitaBear

Can't believe the cluelessness of these parents. Especially the mother who didn't think her son needed to talk about contraception until he headed off to college--even though, at 15, he thought his girlfriend might be pregnant.

Reality check!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook