Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Switch to Forum Live View CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YE WILL SERVE.
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2010 - 2:19AM #71
Yavanna

No, Abrahamic religions do not universally teach in that concept.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2010 - 1:39PM #72
TPaine

Dec 8, 2010 -- 2:19AM, Yavanna wrote:

No, Abrahamic religions do not universally teach in that concept.

Nor do all Christian denominations. Calvinists, for instance, follow the TULIP doctrine adopted by the Synod of Dort in 1619. These five points are: Total depravity, Unconditional election, Limited atonement, Irresistible grace, and Perseverance of the saints. calvinistcorner.com/tulip They do not believe in "free will."

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2010 - 5:25PM #73
Yavanna

As do Reformed Baptists, the Presbyterian Church in America, the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, etc...

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2010 - 8:11AM #74
JemusuTaira

Dec 7, 2010 -- 11:52AM, dblad wrote:

Dec 7, 2010 -- 6:07AM, JemusuTaira wrote:

Excuse me if I'm wrong but according to the Abrahamic religions, didn't God create Humanity with Free Will? And wouldn't that extend to the decision to engage in homosexual activity? Terrible case of hypocrisy.

Dear oh dear... In any case, you'd think part of omnipotence would have been wiring homosexuality out of people in the first place if the Almighty detested such a thing.

So what sexual orientation did you choose oh wise one... or did you just decide not to engauge in such naughty stuff???

Ooops, misunderstanding. My bad. I'm gayer than a tree of monkeys on nitrous oxide. I was saying that if God gave us free will to choose our own paths in life, within the whole be nice to each other framework, then surely that would extend to God's approval on the various ways we express mutual and consensual sexual activity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2010 - 12:12PM #75
dblad

Dec 12, 2010 -- 8:11AM, JemusuTaira wrote:

Ooops, misunderstanding. My bad. I'm gayer than a tree of monkeys on nitrous oxide. I was saying that if God gave us free will to choose our own paths in life, within the whole be nice to each other framework, then surely that would extend to God's approval on the various ways we express mutual and consensual sexual activity.

Thanks for clearing that up... Kiss

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook