Page 2 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YE WILL SERVE.
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 8:20AM #11
REteach

Mar 1, 2010 -- 7:04AM, Elvaleryn wrote:

Why do they take the homosexuality thing with such seriousness and adhere to it in every day life but then toss aside the other things out of mere inconvenience and twist it around to make it alright? Why does not one of those kinds of people see the irony in that?

I think at least some of them think they need to be saved from themselves.  I can't count how many times some homophobe came over here spouting that stuff and eventually acknowledged that they were "struggling" with same sex feelings themselves.  The sad thing is that they've been taught to hate themselves, so it's no wonder they can't love someone else.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 8:21AM #12
REteach

Mar 1, 2010 -- 7:14AM, Austa wrote:

Faith, frankly, woman to woman, your ideas are a disgrace to Christianity!

Ditto.  And we are both straight.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 9:33AM #13
Tudobem

From my straight male prospective I see Faith as someone, while selectively spitting out very problematic texts without any foundation in context or culture and overlooking important post-biblical scientific findings on sexual orientation, but focused solely on her gay bashing crusade is committing the egregious sin (missing the mark) of God's most important law: that we love one another even as he loves us... in her literal zealotry and obsession with the sex lives of others, she omits the weighter aspects of mercy and love and commits the sin of judging gays, something that the Bible specifically condemns:  JUDGE NOT! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 10:36AM #14
Austa

Well said, Tudo, very well said!  My sentiments exactly.  As the mother of a gay son and two straight children I can't possibly think of a single reason why gay sexual orientation is such a big deal to Bible believing Christians.  In what way exactly and specifically---other than those clobber verses interpreted against gays and lesbians---is gay marriage not a viable option for those born gay?  It harms no one; in fact, it contributes to the stability of their lives the same way it contributes to the stability of the rest of us.  Lying, cheating, stealing, gossiping, drunkenness, adultery, rape, armed robbery, wife beating, child abandonment, the list of sins and criminal activity goes on and on.... But, come on, gay marriage?  Really what is the problem with that... specifically.  How does it interfere with anyone's relationship with God or their spirituality or their relationship with others? The fact that many Christian churches and spiritual groups now accept gays is testimony that we now realize that this blind gay bashing based on a particular way to interpret ancient scriptures is going the way of selling your daughters into slavery. I don't think the biblical ancient tribesmen had any idea whatsoever of the concept of sexual orientation.  They just didn't think about that.  They had in mind something entirely different... things having to do with pagan rites.... not gay marriage by any stretch of the imagination. Really!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 10:50AM #15
darcamani

((All))  This is touching.   I get to be "woman to woman" too and the gay one too!

You guys know I have read the whole mess  on the different threads this weekend?  I am so proud of everyone! 

Times have indeed changed. 

While you all were trying to engage someone obviously stuck and in pain, I was busy being...gay?   My sexual orientation did not budge.

I was busy being a parent, chef, rev. counselor,activist, washing dishes, doing laundry, meeting with my sons gay dad over, RE and service projects , and organizing  for the week .

Got a play coming up, two business trips, 2 kid over nighters, 7 buffets, ( I am a chef) so if you all eat...,  trash has to be takin out, recylables managed, 3 sweaters to be dry cleaned, and I think I have a dentist appt. 

All with sexual orientation intact.    Loving and making love with my sweet partner flows with the rhythym of my every day breath and life.

This moning I saw my kids off to school, my partner off to work and had a very good laugh over these threads.

((Faith)) 'cuz you apparently need it.

No thought, word or deed will change my sexual orientation

I chose this day to live honestly with love and compassion.  With a bowl of chili on the side.

This is my choice. 

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 11:33AM #16
Tudobem

So, Dar, let me get this straight, so to speak, you're a self-avowed, admitted and committed proponent of the HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA?  You're comin' clean at last?  Your secret revealed for all to see here today, right now, on this belief.net thread? Are you watching and reading, Faith?

Dar, you admit to: parenting, cooking, counseling,  doing BOTH dish and clothes washing, organizing kids lives and arranging visits with their gay(!!!) dad, other admitted activities like public service projects, various errands, planning business trips AND making a dental appt?

The HORROR!  The HORROR!  Faith take note!  Lesbian mom comes clean about her real agenda.  The sky is falling, grab your kids, bolt your doors, cower in fear! Gay mom is being a (gasp, gasp!) Lesbian.  Save us all from the Homosexual Agenda.

Calling, Faith; Save us with some more clobber verses, quickly before common sense takes over.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 11:50AM #17
IreneAdler

Mar 1, 2010 -- 11:33AM, Tudobem wrote:

So, Dar, let me get this straight, so to speak, you're a self-avowed, admitted and committed proponent of the HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA?  You're comin' clean at last?  Your secret revealed for all to see here today, right now, on this belief.net thread? Are you watching and reading, Faith?

Dar, you admit to: parenting, cooking, counseling,  doing BOTH dish and clothes washing, organizing kids lives and arranging visits with their gay(!!!) dad, other admitted activities like public service projects, various errands, planning business trips AND making a dental appt?

The HORROR!  The HORROR!  Faith take note!  Lesbian mom comes clean about her real agenda.  The sky is falling, grab your kids, bolt your doors, cower in fear! Gay mom is being a (gasp, gasp!) Lesbian.  Save us all from the Homosexual Agenda.

Calling, Faith; Save us with some more clobber verses, quickly before common sense takes over.

Good gravy- you are a hoot!!!!

Ya think there's some anti-dentist verses buried deep within the Bible? Who knew?

Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 12:04PM #18
Shadeosg

Oh this is an easy one.  I serve the Goddess of Love.  She has had many names and many faces over the ages but for the purposes of this post we can just say Aphrodite.  There are a few things to keep in mind when worshipping Her.  Speak Her sacred hymns (Sappho's being my favorite), make offerings that are pleasing to Her (not burnt offerings mind you), take care of my skin and moisturize often, and have compassion for other beings. 

I extend that compassion to this thread's creator.  I am concerned for you that you might be following a faith that reinforces the idea that you and other humans (specific groups of humans in particular it would seem) aren't beautiful and at all times loved by the divine.  If your faith tells you a group is outside of your god's love, I can see that would make you feel a subtle sense of superiority toward them that you might not even notice. 

That is my choice, She is worthy of my service, and straight love, gay love, and most consensual forms of love are Her gifts.  If people of another faith disapprove of that love then I pity them for their loss.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 1:04PM #19
Tudobem

Shade osg:  Are you suggesting that a lovely Pagan(!) goddess should have any consideration here in Christian America?  Why the very idea, dude.  No way.  

The Christian Bible, especially the Old Testament, is filled with numerous gory stories of bloody animal and human sacrifice.  God likes the "pleasing aroma of burning flesh."  Animal sacrificial slaughter is much more common than human ritual killing, but both occur and are "pleasing to the Lord."  From Genesis when God tells Abraham to attack and kill his innocent son Isac, then relents and settles for slitting a ram's throat on through Exodus where God wants every 1st born among the Israelites, even 1st born animals too! slaughtered, and way too many other examples to mention, but you can read it all at:  www.evilbible.com

The very symbol of Christian Catholicism is the image of a human sacrifice hanging from a cross. Now, why should we substitute the faith of love represented by a Pagan love goddess when we can have bloody sacrifices.... along with the persecution of gays for wanting to have civil rights like gay marriage. Love or ritual killing and slaughter?  I think American love of the brutality of pro football will go for the ritual killing and slaughter over a silly love smitten Aphrodite every time, sorry, dude.

I ask you:  Paganism or bloody Christianity? Americans will go for the blood, I fear.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2010 - 10:24AM #20
faith713

Do you endorse stoning gays too?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." 

This is another counterfeiting of the Scriptures many have tried to use to shame us for what we do in his name. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" is not  speaking to judging. 

As stated in a previous post, Christians should follow the example of Jesus. Did He stone the adulteress? No.

OTOH, He did not condone nor support her sin

Jesus was not arguing with the judgment. Nor was Jesus arguing the law nor the woman's guilt. Jesus was arguing with our right to execute the woman. Once all the men had dropped their stones Jesus confronted the woman and asked her if any of the men were still there to condemn her. When she answered "No man, Lord", Jesus told her that neither did He - He forgave her of her sin. He did not excuse the sin of adultery/prostitution, he forgave her of it. All behavior and thought that is sinful before forgiveness is still sinful after forgiveness. Not only was Jesus not afraid to call a sin a sin, He was not afraid to call a sinner a sinner. He even reminded her of the sin of adultery/prostitution by telling her "Go and sin no more."

Faith, frankly, woman to woman, your ideas are a disgrace to Christianity!

Frankly, those Christians who support or condone sin are a disgrace to Christianity.

Some have told us we should be more tolerant. "Tolerance" has become quite probably the most abused and misused word in the English language. We will not  situationally redefine or conditionally apply His Word to suit political correctness, cultural tolerances, modern ethics and false religions or even to avoid invading the comfort zone of Christians. Jesus spent three days in Hell so you and I would not have to spend one moment there! For too long, well-meaning clergy have pabulum fed the people with watered down Scriptures to avoid invading the comfort zone. We will not do that. We love you too much to feed you lies or less-than-truths. It is people who do who pull  people away from the CHRIST of Christianity. Practicing the Christian faith and what is expected of it is being very  intolerant ... of sin ... even our own by His  Word, not yours or mine, by embracing the sinner but not  embracing the sin; by helping the sinner, even ourselves, out of bondage to the sin by loving him/her enough to tell the Truth.

Mar 1, 2010 -- 9:33AM, Tudobem wrote:

From my straight male prospective I see Faith as someone.......... commits the sin of judging gays, something that the Bible specifically condemns:  JUDGE NOT! 

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Look at John 7:24. There, Jesus tells  us to judge, but to do so righteously. Righteously means to use the Truth of the Word to discern sins and not  by appearances only. In 1Cor. 6:2-3 Jesus authorizes us to judge. Judge we must else we could not discern good from bad, proper from improper, righteousness from evil. But judge behavior,  not the individual; the deed  not the doer; the choice  not the chooser. The individual/doer/chooser is accountable for his/her deed/choice, but judge the deed/choice in your judgment. Jesus could see a king in a shepherd boy. And an Apostle in a murderer. So while we must judge one's behavior we must we try to nurture the goodness in an individual: to separate the deed from the doer.

www.capalert.com/judgenot.htm

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook