Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Exposing more LIES...
5 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2010 - 11:36AM #1
faith713

Shouldn't Christians love everyone and be tolerant?

Christians should indeed love everyone. We should not, however, be tolerant of anything that God is not tolerant towards. We should never be tolerant of behavior that is condemned in Scripture or that is physically and socially destructive. Christians have the wonderful privilege to live as lights in the midst of a crooked and perverse world (Philippians 2:15, NKJ). Listen to these words of Jesus, "Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of foods sacrificed to idols. I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways." (Revelation 3:20-22, NIV) These words were spoken to the church at Thyatira and reveal the intense attitude of Jesus toward the tolerance of sin, in this case, sexual immorality. Our attitude must be like our Lord's.

Conclusion: Do Not Be Deceived

Dear Christian friend, thank you for taking the time to read this simple pamphlet. Please do not be deceived: to embrace homosexual behavior you must reject Biblical truth. Do you really want to go down that path? Over the past several years, homosexual activists have set out to accomplish many evil goals. Among them are the removal of homosexuality from the medical category of a "mental disorder;" promoting the lie that people are born homosexual; adding homosexuality to civil rights and anti-discrimination laws and codes; passing hate crimes laws that provide harsh treatment for those who oppose this perversion; redefining marriage to include all kinds of immoral arrangements; targeting mainline Protestant churches for acceptance by crafting elaborate theologies and new interpretations of the Bible; demonizing all who refuse to accept their agenda, especially Bible believing Christians and pastors.

For the church to remain silent on this most pressing issue, or worse, to surrender her belief in the authority of Scripture  blinds to the need for salvation through Christ, is simply too fearful to contemplate. Will not the God Who calls us to be witnesses to the truth require an accounting if we suppress the truth by our silence? Yes, we are to love those bound in this lifestyle, but not at the expense of the truth, marriage, family or our religious freedoms. True love does not tolerate that which destroys. Love speaks the truth which can set the captives free. Jesus did and so must we.

www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=WX07E35

Ephesians 5:11

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Moderated by REteach on Feb 28, 2010 - 02:09PM
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2010 - 12:10PM #2
Austa

Thanks for sharing you homophobic take on anti-gay biblical  exegesis.

For an alternate and much more enlightened and charitable view of sexual orientation and biblical interpretation.... visit   www.gaychurch.org  

Inform yourself of all the facts, evidence and information and then decide for yourself... exercise your freedom of conscience, increase your knowledge and be informed.

Don't fall for the vicious, hateful lies of the anti-gay bigots of the world who would deny God's love based on something so trivial as sexual  orientation.  Does God love left handed people any less than right handed people.  Of course not.  And neither does he love gays any less than straights.  Everyone, straight, gay, bi, transgendered has a human right to the pursuit of happiness and to have and to hold someone special in their life for companionship, sexual intimacy and sharing.  This is an inalienable right.  Right wing extremist fundamentalist can bash all they want with their precious Clobber Verses... but each of us has the right and duty to investigate biblical interpretation.  Use the most charitable and loving interpretation and chose life, chose justice, chose fairness, choose reason, choose science over hateful fundamentalist hatred of gays.  For God must have loved gay people, else why did he make so many of them?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2010 - 12:57PM #3
IreneAdler

We should not, however, be tolerant of anything that God is not tolerant towards.

Aren't statements, such as the one above, predicated upon knowing the mind of God?  

See, there's many times that I don't even know the mind of folks I know well- and that includes my own mother (!).  Ya know? Can't imagine making a statement presuming to know the mind of God. The Almighty.

How does one know God is not tolerant of something?  If God is God, then certainly he's got the wherewithal to be tolerant of everything. If not, then the deity one is making reference to isn't God.

Irene

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2010 - 1:32PM #4
Lutz

In reading the Bible as in reading anything really, the context and cultural of the times it was written are everything.  

You can't read the Bible for guidance on human sexual orientation anymore than you can read the Bible for guidance on computer engineering... because neither existed for those ancient tribesmen so many years ago.  Gay marriage?  Forget it.  Apply science, biology, genetics, reason, ethics, justice.  I really don't think god worries about gay marriage or gays in the military all that much.

We have the freedom of conscience, our god given minds to use instead of just by rote relying on the interpretations of absurd fundamentalists for whether or not to accept the sexual orientation of our gay sisters and brothers.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2010 - 2:11PM #5
hyoka

Feb 28, 2010 -- 11:36AM, faith713 wrote:

Ephesians 5:11

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Well then I gotta reprove ya here Faith. Your letting other peoples dogma and twisted interpretation of scripture (unfruitful works of darkness) get in the way of Christian compassion.

Of coarse that’s understandable ……Silly Rabbit Scripture’s for men

“For of this sort are those who creep into houses and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,” 2 Timothy 3:6

Not to mention.

“11A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15But women will be saved[ through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.” 1 Timothy 2:11

See what I mean?

You’re way to easily deceived by folks who take scripture out of context and twist it to justify their own agenda.

Anyone can twist scripture to say anything they want.

It’s about the love and compassion that God sings in your heart ….Not the twisted dogma of intolerance .

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2010 - 10:13AM #6
faith713

PROPHECY GIVEN WITHOUT RESPECT OF PERSONS

Acts goes on to quote Joel that "even upon my menservants and maidservants I will pour out of My Spirit, and they shall prophesy." Note that God calls those He sovereignly fills with His Spirit His servants and says that "all flesh" shall prophesy.  New Testament prophecy is not reserved for the spiritually mature, but a gift God offers freely to all believers.  Thus, the prayer of Moses is fulfilled, "would God that all the Lord's people were prophets and that the Lord would put His Spirit upon them." (Num. 11:29) Through the free exercise of inspired preaching in the church, God demonstrates His extravagant grace!

The gift of the Holy Spirit, as evidenced by speaking in unknown languages and declaring the praises of God, was also poured out upon new Gentile converts to Christ at the household of Cornelius in Capernaum.  Here, the grace of God was extended cross-culturally.  How difficult it must have been for Peter and his Jewish-Christian friends to accept the fact that God had given His Holy Spirit to Gentiles, who were despised as unclean by religious Jews! God had to prepare Peter by giving him a vision three times.  When the leaders of the church at Jerusalem questioned what Peter had done in baptizing these Gentiles, he said, "Since God gave them the same gift as to us, who believed in the Lord Jesus, who was I to oppose God?" (Acts 11:17) This is an attitude all Christians would do well to emulate.

www.godswordtowomen.org/prophets.htm

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2010 - 10:57AM #7
marshal

I note, Faith, that you skipped right over all the specific questions asked of you; but instead you posted another platitude, another generalized idea, which absolutely NOTHING to do with either the asked posed to you or to gay marriage and  domestic partnership, gays, lesbians or the biological concept of sexual orientation.

Still waiting for Faith to actually engage in debate. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2010 - 11:10AM #8
Austa

I wonder if you know, Faith, that this is a debate thread; and not a community bulletin board?

Your posts are irrelevant, immaterial and ignore pointed questions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2010 - 1:53PM #9
REteach

Faith is trying to justify ignoring the Bible.

1 Corinthians 14:34
women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

Timothy 2:11-12 (King James Version) 11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Based on her posts, she doesn't believe the Bible when it is inconvenient for her.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2010 - 2:31PM #10
hyoka

I’ve seen a lot of ignorant , anti-gay posters on these boards who are masters of cherry picking scripture to justify their bigotry and even better at rationalizing their way out of scripture that is inconvenient for them but I gotta say that Faith has taken it to a new level . She’s managed to do it without even having to use her brain , search her heart or even use her own words.

‘Google-cut-paste’ makes maintaining heartless, ignorance so much easier than actually thinking for yourself or empathizing with others.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook