Post Reply
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Article: Repeal of DATD is probably still years away
5 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2010 - 6:11PM #21
Erey
Posts: 18,940

Feb 16, 2010 -- 6:02PM, hyoka wrote:


Feb 16, 2010 -- 12:36PM, Erey wrote:


 


 


excuse me!  YOu are blaming the DADT on republicans when:


1. Republicans never created it


2. and the democrats dont seem to care very much about gay people. 




 



EXCUSE  ME !


I’m NOT blaming DADT on Republicans.


Where do I state that DADT is the fault of Republicans ?





 


Not DADT but the fact DADT is not repealled.  I think it was the diatribe against angry conservatives in your posts.


The fact is the Dems are in power and they still refuse to support gay marriage (Obama, Clinton, Biden, all the biggies) and they really don't want to touch DADT

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2010 - 7:09PM #22
hyoka
Posts: 277

Feb 16, 2010 -- 6:11PM, Erey wrote:


Feb 16, 2010 -- 6:02PM, hyoka wrote:


Feb 16, 2010 -- 12:36PM, Erey wrote:


 


 


excuse me!  YOu are blaming the DADT on republicans when:


1. Republicans never created it


2. and the democrats dont seem to care very much about gay people. 




 



EXCUSE  ME !


I’m NOT blaming DADT on Republicans.


Where do I state that DADT is the fault of Republicans ?





 


Not DADT but the fact DADT is not repealled.  I think it was the diatribe against angry conservatives in your posts.


The fact is the Dems are in power and they still refuse to support gay marriage (Obama, Clinton, Biden, all the biggies) and they really don't want to touch DADT





 


 


Sigh ….I did not say "angry conservatives” ?



I said “antigay conservatives” and “antigay factions of the Republican party” . However , I would include “angry conservatives” on the list of folks that they want to keep away from the polls .


My point is that Obama and company don’t want to make a big issue out of DADT or any other gay issues until after the elections because they don’t want to encourage antigay forces who would normally stay home to come out and vote against democrats and like it or not a lot of those antigay folks are Republicans.


And while I agree that the democrats are not our best friends they still have a rep. for being more gay friendly than Republicans.


Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2010 - 8:10PM #23
Erey
Posts: 18,940

Feb 16, 2010 -- 7:09PM, hyoka wrote:


Feb 16, 2010 -- 6:11PM, Erey wrote:


Feb 16, 2010 -- 6:02PM, hyoka wrote:


Feb 16, 2010 -- 12:36PM, Erey wrote:


 


 


excuse me!  YOu are blaming the DADT on republicans when:


1. Republicans never created it


2. and the democrats dont seem to care very much about gay people. 




 



EXCUSE  ME !


I’m NOT blaming DADT on Republicans.


Where do I state that DADT is the fault of Republicans ?





 


Not DADT but the fact DADT is not repealled.  I think it was the diatribe against angry conservatives in your posts.


The fact is the Dems are in power and they still refuse to support gay marriage (Obama, Clinton, Biden, all the biggies) and they really don't want to touch DADT





 


 


Sigh ….I did not say "angry conservatives” ?


 


I said “antigay conservatives” and “antigay factions of the Republican party” . However , I would include “angry conservatives” on the list of folks that they want to keep away from the polls .


My point is that Obama and company don’t want to make a big issue out of DADT or any other gay issues until after the elections because they don’t want to encourage antigay forces who would normally stay home to come out and vote against democrats and like it or not a lot of those antigay folks are Republicans.


And while I agree that the democrats are not our best friends they still have a rep. for being more gay friendly than Republicans.


 




Really?  based on what?  What have they done lately?? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2010 - 9:15PM #24
hyoka
Posts: 277

Feb 16, 2010 -- 8:10PM, Erey wrote:


Feb 16, 2010 -- 7:09PM, hyoka wrote:


Feb 16, 2010 -- 6:11PM, Erey wrote:


Feb 16, 2010 -- 6:02PM, hyoka wrote:


Feb 16, 2010 -- 12:36PM, Erey wrote:


 


 


excuse me!  YOu are blaming the DADT on republicans when:


1. Republicans never created it


2. and the democrats dont seem to care very much about gay people. 




 



EXCUSE  ME !


I’m NOT blaming DADT on Republicans.


Where do I state that DADT is the fault of Republicans ?





 


Not DADT but the fact DADT is not repealled.  I think it was the diatribe against angry conservatives in your posts.


The fact is the Dems are in power and they still refuse to support gay marriage (Obama, Clinton, Biden, all the biggies) and they really don't want to touch DADT





 



Sigh ….I did not say "angry conservatives” ?


 


I said “antigay conservatives” and “antigay factions of the Republican party” . However , I would include “angry conservatives” on the list of folks that they want to keep away from the polls .


My point is that Obama and company don’t want to make a big issue out of DADT or any other gay issues until after the elections because they don’t want to encourage antigay forces who would normally stay home to come out and vote against democrats and like it or not a lot of those antigay folks are Republicans.


And while I agree that the democrats are not our best friends they still have a rep. for being more gay friendly than Republicans.


 




Really?  based on what?  What have they done lately?? 





You’re trying to argue where there is no argument.


I said they had a rep. for being more gay friendly than Republicans .I didn’t say they’ve actually done anything.


So far it’s been mostly about lip service from Obama .


I won’t argue about that .


I agree that the dems. have done very little other than talk and stall and that’s my point.


This whole “ internal assessment “ thing is about stalling for political reasons NOT about doing anything substantial.....try reading my first post carefully.


If you want to have a snivel fest over Obamas unfulfilled promises to the gay community go for it and I may even join you but if you want to argue stop jumping to conclusions about what I’m saying and go find someone who disagrees with you....Like maybe some angry, antigay, conservative republican that thinks the dems are the liberal ,perv. Codling, homo party


Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2010 - 10:45AM #25
Merope
Posts: 10,210

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.



Merope
Beliefnet Community Host
Hot Topics Zone

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2010 - 11:26AM #26
marshal
Posts: 195

25 nations--including Australia, Canada, Great Britain and Israel--have successfully lifted their bans on gays-lesbians in their militaries.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2010 - 2:50PM #27
Janeiro
Posts: 46

Adam Giampaolo Di Paola, Chairman of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Monday that having openly gay and lesbian service members is "working out quite well" in other NATO countries. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 11:50AM #28
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Pretty much a no-brainer at this point, wouldn't you say?


Go ahead and pull the trigger, Mr. Obama, time for DADT to end.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 12:51PM #29
Tudobem
Posts: 173

A no-brainer for hard core Christian fundamentalists?  Not so much; not so fast.  Bigotry, stupidity and that ol' time religion trump common sense and using all valuable resources every time in America.  Too many gay doctors, linguists and other valuable professionals along with just the common soldiers have been mustered out wasting our tax $$ in the name of what?  Mainly Christian fundamentalists targeting gays and lesbians for their special brand of persecution.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 3:48PM #30
REteach
Posts: 14,833

While complaining that Obama is soft on terrorists...

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook