Page 43 of 43  •  Prev 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43
Switch to Forum Live View Gays in the military
5 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 3:12PM #421
mainecaptain

Mar 8, 2010 -- 1:37PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 8, 2010 -- 12:33PM, Girlchristian wrote:

A homosexual is NOT going to marry someone of the opposite sex,....

Duh. I never said anything different. Since you adamantly refuse to understand what I'm saying, I'll move on.

I understood you MM

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 5:17PM #422
mountain_man

Mar 8, 2010 -- 3:12PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I understood you MM

That makes two of us. Cool

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 5:20PM #423
Christianlib

Three.

AND, BTW, lots of gays and lesbians have at one time tried, or will try, hetrosexual marriage.  It takes some people a while to figure out who they really are.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 6:12PM #424
rangerken

Four of us Laughing. And I agree with MM...my conservative principles and libertarianism actually support this viewpoint!

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2010 - 9:43PM #425
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host
Hot Topics Zone

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2010 - 9:59PM #426
Yavanna

Mar 2, 2010 -- 12:47PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

If you are willing to put your life on the line for this nation -- you deserve the benifits.

It's just that simple.

Well said!

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2010 - 9:05AM #427
Sirronrex

Mar 8, 2010 -- 12:33PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Yes, costs do go up just because now you have more people using the benefits. Again, it's not a reason to deny them those benefits.

If it's not a reason to deny benefits then why do you bring it into the discussion?

What purpose does it serve to even mention the fact that costs (might) go up if benefits are now being extended to everyone equally?

I'd also like to point out to you that you mentioned several times "if" gay marriage becomes legal. GAY MARRIAGE IS LEGAL IN THE UNITED STATES. Gays and lesbians can legally marry in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa, and Vermont. 1/10th of the states is not an insignificant number. Gay people can also legally marry in the Disctrict of Columbia.

As for DADT, what argument can you provide to support the federal government's blatantly discriminatory policy against gay people? Do you have one? Or are you like most Christians whose thoughts are so clouded by the delusional fantasies and myths of your silly religion that you can't think beyond the prejudice and hate that results from such delusions?

I've been on a journey to nowhere...
and know that's the best place to be...
now...here...

If my faith isn't leading me inward, then my faith is leading me astray.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 43 of 43  •  Prev 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook