Switch to Forum Live View Zen And The Art of Fornication by: Degrees of Emotion
5 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2009 - 3:07AM #1
Degreesofemotion

Zen And The Art of Fornication

Yes the image above is actually real, I didn't make this up and it's not from some movie set. Did you know that God is against drunkenness, sodomy and fornication? Well apparently these folks are in direct communication with the big guy up stairs. Oh and lets make no mistake about it... God is a man and he hates drunks, homosexuals and people who have sex before going to church or city hall to sign a piece of paper!

As you can probably tell I'm trying to make light of the above ignorance with humor. Sadly the fact of the matter is there isn't really anything funny about kids in the middle of New York streets brainwashed repeating what their ignorant parents program them to say.

Instead of me feeding into the frenzy of hate, ignorance and fear lets examine what it is we think fornication is. I'll start by checking out what the dictionary says.

for⋅ni⋅ca⋅tion
–noun

1.     Voluntary sexual intercourse between two unmarried persons or two persons not married to each other.
2.     Bible. idolatry.

So that's what the dictionary says, basically sex between two unmarried people is what is called fornication. It's too bad the definition for fornication in reality means much more than a sentence in the dictionary.

If an Alien came here from another planet looked up fornication in the dictionary it would probably seem like any other explanation for any given word.  You and I both know (in the real world) fornication implies much more than a person who had sex with another person out of wedlock.

If you're interested in this topic click here to read the full blog post and leave feedback.

Thank you, peace and love to all.

Degrees of Emotion

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2009 - 2:19AM #2
Chokmah

Funny, but God's favorite people in the Old Testament were master fornicators and drunks, like Noah, Solomon, David, and many others. Even the women got into the act...if God is against these things how's come there is so much of it in the OT?

"We thought, because we had power, we had wisdom"
      --Stephen Vincent Benet
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook