Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Donald Trump sez.....You're fired! Only he didn't have the stones to say it to her face!
5 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 11:26AM #1
Agnosticspirit

Oh dear.... Carrie Prejean has been fired and must give up her Miss California title....

Now before her fans start huffing and puffing about the end of her (thankfully!) short-lived reign, read the article. Had nothing to do with her opinion on same sex marriage. Didn't even have anything to do with the fact that her semi-nude photos violated the "morals clause" on her contract.

---- a brief aside.... is anyone else as amused as I am that of all people... Donald TRUMP should be the arbiter of her "morality clause"! LOL!

Back on topic.... apparently she was asked to cede her crown because she did not fulfill her duties expected of the title holder of Miss California. In other words, she flaked. Didn't make it to scheduled appearances... Didn't fulfill her contractual obligations.

I don't object to her firing, I don't favor her firing, I really could care less....

However.... according to the article linked above.... I DO object to the manner in which this news was broken, if this is indeed true..... . Apparently no one in the organization within the Miss USA pageant had the stones to tell her she'd been fired. She had to hear about this during a phone interview with a  reporter from Access Hollywood. That's just WRONG.....

I've never held a high opinion of Donald "please do something with your HAIR!" Trump.... Now it's even lower.  If you're gonna fire someone, you don't tell others outside of the organization, you  let the person who's being fired be the first to know rather than the last.

Thank you, Mr. Trump ---- now you've made a martyr --- the increasingly irrelevant right wing faction, so desperate to find "heroines" that'll make us forget about the inept and ignorant Sarah Palin will probably try to elevate the flaky, small-minded Miss California. Think Fox News will hire her?

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 11:39AM #2
Tmarie64

SHE didn't have the stones to honor her WRITTEN, LEGALLY BINDING contract.   She got what she deserved.  She gave no respect... She got no respect.  

She was fired also for appearing at unsanctioned events without contacting the committee.

I don't feel sorry for her, nor do I feel she was treated wrong.  Maybe if SHE had acted like an adult and followed her written, legally binding contract, she would have been treated like an adult.

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 11:51AM #3
appy20

It has always been ironic that Donald Trump has any say over morality.

However, she should have been fired before now.  She has consistently violated her contract and that should be the bottom line.

I do think she has a right to her views but I question whether she should be a Miss American contestant with those views.  It doesn't represent America very well, imo.  It certainly does not reflect her state well, a state that has always particularly represented tolerance.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 11:56AM #4
Christianlib

Jun 11, 2009 -- 11:39AM, Tmarie64 wrote:

SHE didn't have the stones to honor her WRITTEN, LEGALLY BINDING contract.   She got what she deserved.  She gave no respect... She got no respect.  

She was fired also for appearing at unsanctioned events without contacting the committee.

I don't feel sorry for her, nor do I feel she was treated wrong.  Maybe if SHE had acted like an adult and followed her written, legally binding contract, she would have been treated like an adult.

If she had had STONES she wouldn't have been "Miss" California now, would she?Kiss

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 11:56AM #5
Agnosticspirit

Heya Tmarie.... to a point I agree with you.... if she refused to meet her obligations, she deserves to be fired... Absolutely.

But she also did NOT deserve to hear this news from a reporter. That was really wrong.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 12:02PM #6
Agnosticspirit

Jun 11, 2009 -- 11:51AM, appy20 wrote:

It has always been ironic that Donald Trump has any say over morality.

That's always amazed me too, appy....donald TRUMP?

However, she should have been fired before now.  She has consistently violated her contract and that should be the bottom line.

I do think she has a right to her views but I question whether she should be a Miss American contestant with those views.  It doesn't represent America very well, imo.  It certainly does not reflect her state well, a state that has always particularly represented tolerance.

The state of California no longer represents tolerance --- not after the reprehensible results of Prop 8, where religious bigotry was allowed to hinder the rights of others. :( And certainly not after the CSC upheld this. Constitutional rights shouldn't be left up to the mob rule... alleged "wisdom of the people" morphs into the "venality of the people"  when it comes to civil rights.

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 12:06PM #7
TemplarS

??

Judging by the results of Prop 8, she represents her state perfectly well.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 12:11PM #8
Tmarie64

Donald Trump follows and honors his contracts.   This is not about morality.  That was stated QUITE specifically when they allowed her to keep her crown, in spite of her big mouth and stupidity (referring to the nude/semi nude photos).

Trump and the Foundation found out that she was speaking at unsanctioned rallies from news sources... Why shouldn't SHE find out she was no longer employed in the same fashion?

You get what you give.  Karma can be a bitch and, apparently, so can Trump.

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 12:37PM #9
Merope

Jun 11, 2009 -- 11:26AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

---- a brief aside.... is anyone else as amused as I am that of all people... Donald TRUMP should be the arbiter of her "morality clause"! LOL!

Yup Tongue out  According to your linked article, The Donald owns the Miss Universe Organization (which, I guess, has some control over the Miss California organization).  That's just plain weird.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 12:41PM #10
Christianlib

Let's see, The Donald owns "Miss USA"; this pageant is ALL about physical beauty, face and body, no talent required--

Well, these women are, in effect, selling their bodies.

What does that make them?

More to the point, does that make The Donald a Pimp?

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook