Switch to Forum Live View Finding a Gay Lesbian church
5 years ago  ::  May 12, 2009 - 10:55AM #1
rideronthastorm

Finding a Gay Lesbian church is complicated. Ive looked for the past 3 weeks. The problem in part comes with me not being Gay, Gay Lesbian churches do they not primarily serve to minister to Gays and Lesbians? Metropolitan Community and Cathedral Of Hope In dallas say on their websights they exist to help Gays and Lesbians primarily, makes me feel llke for me to attend as a heterosexual would be like crashing a party.

Churches in Mesquite and Garland the few that exist that are incusive, but arnt  labeled as Gay Lesbian,are good but dont really have any gays and lesbians goIng and sense were in a conservative area conservative Christians end up going and attending and it always ends up feeling like a Fundamentalist church even in the inclusive churches.

Im out of ideas of trying to deal with finding good inclusive churches in Dallas Tx that arnt too far away for me and expessly defiined for Gays and Lesbians, I dont have any energy to deal with it anymore.Im going back to the Zen Temple where sexual orientation just is NOT an issue.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 11:42AM #2
Jcarlinbn

If you are looking for a specifically Christian Church that is welcoming but diverse I think you will find a UCC nearby that will meet your needs. UCC has congregational polity, so you might have to sample a few to find the right mix of God, Christ, and openness, but it should be possible.  

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 12:30PM #3
darcamani

Also look for a Welcoming Congregation at a Unitarian Universalist church/fellowship. They welcome all and the gender/sexuality issue  and faiths of different colores, shapes and sizes are all welcome. so one can be a christian and sit next to a gay muslim and hold hands with a practicing buddhist and listen to a multi lingual choir singing goodness knows what, all in the same day.  Loads of social justice  and chances for deep transformation.   Meaning, you bring your own lunch and volunteer!

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 1:44PM #4
tracikay

Is the Oak Lawn area a possibility for you? I am also not gay but I started going to a gay/lesbian church a few weeks ago there. You can PM me if you want more info. I decided years ago not to attend anti-gay churches. I live in Irving.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook