Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View The Gay Guy Came to Church - A Puzzle
5 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2009 - 3:22PM #51
leguru

Would it be wrong based on their family status? Yes. It would be prohibitive.

Since when did family status keep OT people from serious sexual activity?

Is being a lesbian wrong? I'll ask my girlfriend and get back to you.

Why don't you ask a lesbian? Wink

And, why did you skip the relationship between Jonathan and David?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2009 - 7:58PM #52
darcamani

((COG))

LOL! I am so lesbian I can't even park straight . Neither can my partner, yet she is Malaysian, not lesbian, that would be greek. :)  

A lesbian relationship involves WOMEN ,(not related children) that fall in love.  The sex part is a bonus.  And being women if we can get passed our own crap,  can be very good to wonderful  or absolutely nothing. 

It is the love that is important. 

I know women in love with each other that will flat out deny being a lesbian with their mouth full of one...and then the ones that will be a lesbian and celibate.

In the story of Ruth and Naomi, there is love. deep, emotional love.   Their vows are often used in heterosexual marriage vows, devotion and committment transends gender. And apparently time, because those beautiful words of love are over 5,000 years old. The names have been changed  to protect the ignorant. 

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2009 - 11:12PM #53
leguru

In the story of Ruth and Naomi, there is love. deep, emotional love.

Did I say homosexual sex? I said, or meant to say, homosexual relationship.

As for Jonathan and David, even Johathan's father, Saul, knew they were having a homosexual relationship. See I Sam 20:30. And, if you are not enough of a scholar to understand the plain language Saul used, please search for other similar phrases. And, God never condemned David for that relationship, but He did condemn David for his adultery relationship with Bathsheba (II Sam 11:3, 4, 15, 17, 27). Hmmmm. Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2009 - 2:44PM #54
dblad

Jun 18, 2009 -- 5:56PM, Covenant of Grace wrote:

You want me to ask a lesbian? Very easy. Covenant of Grace, is it wrong? Why no Cov, it isn't. Thanks for asking. Why sure you're welcome.

Now that we got that cleared up.

Is it immoral for a mother and daughter in law to engage in sexual activity? Yes. That's incest by marriage. Something not exactly legal according to the Torah.

Jonathan and David got ignored because I've argued that nonsense to death. I'm sorry some people are so gay-happy they feel the need to pad their insecurity by making little unsubstantiated claims about history. I find it as laughable as someone trying to tell me Alexander the Great was in fact... a closet heterosexual. Mm... yeah.

Would that preclude Lot and daughters, Abraham and his half sister Sarah, ... ? Embarassed

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2009 - 9:50PM #55
dblad

Jun 19, 2009 -- 6:17PM, Covenant of Grace wrote:

Jun 19, 2009 -- 2:44PM, dblad wrote:

Jun 18, 2009 -- 5:56PM, Covenant of Grace wrote:

You want me to ask a lesbian? Very easy. Covenant of Grace, is it wrong? Why no Cov, it isn't. Thanks for asking. Why sure you're welcome.

Now that we got that cleared up.

Is it immoral for a mother and daughter in law to engage in sexual activity? Yes. That's incest by marriage. Something not exactly legal according to the Torah.

Jonathan and David got ignored because I've argued that nonsense to death. I'm sorry some people are so gay-happy they feel the need to pad their insecurity by making little unsubstantiated claims about history. I find it as laughable as someone trying to tell me Alexander the Great was in fact... a closet heterosexual. Mm... yeah.

Would that preclude Lot and daughters, Abraham and his half sister Sarah, ... ?

Lot was passed out drunk and his daughter's reproductive insecurity issues aside... it isn't something condoned may I point out.

The Law wasn't in place, dblad. Naomi and Ruth lived in Israel under Mosaic Law. That's like comparing Iroquois territory to Maryland. ;)

I'm not one to determine why the Law was set in place when it was. Genetic purity issues maybe? Who knows? It's entirely speculation.

And insofar as human sexuality is concerned we've not even begin to understand it. I don't like boxes. As Dar is fond of saying we're "humansexual". I think our limited understanding of sexuality and intimacy gives us only room to make wild conjecture, such as toward D & J.

Another mystery... Passed Out Drunk! Yet was apparently able to obtain an erection and ejaculate...

Maybe it is just a MYTH.

Surprised

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2009 - 10:30AM #56
darcamani

This is beginning to sound like a stand up routine.

2 lesbians and a gay guy go into a church, one redecorates, one discusses the politcally correct way to pray, kneeling, sitting, or standing and the 3rd  is wondering if fried tofu tastes like chicken and do they serve chocolate at coffee hour.

:)

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2009 - 11:56AM #57
dblad

Jun 20, 2009 -- 9:40AM, Covenant of Grace wrote:

Your mom is a myth.

You wouldn't know a myth if it bit you in the ass! Kiss

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2009 - 1:10PM #58
Mareczku

Wow! Dblad, I never thought of that.  Passed out drunk and still able to perform.  Hmmm.  Let's face it, this story was passed down orally for over a thousand years so one wonders what the real story was here. 

Peace- Mark 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2009 - 10:18PM #59
hyoka

Jun 21, 2009 -- 4:59PM, Covenant of Grace wrote:

In all seriousness, I've known at least two of my drunken man-pig friends who went through what Lot did. I'm afraid I don't understand why it's so implausible?

LOL ....take it from a survivor of the promiscuous, anything goes, "free love" 60s.

"Doing it" while passed out .....not so plausable.

"Doing it" and then passing out and failing to remember "the deed".... more plausable.

"Doing it " and then passing out and then *claiming* " dam I was sooooo 'f*cked up last night that I don't remember a thing" ....most plausable .

In Lots case maybe he was drunk and old and had cataracts and it was dark and he didn't recognize his daughters.

Nice thing about most Bible stories ,  ya can spin them to suit your agenda.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 11:57AM #60
dblad

That's what she said.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook