Page 4 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Gay Guy Came to Church - A Puzzle
5 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2009 - 2:52PM #31
darcamani

I find it hard to understand some still actually believe in and read the bible as fact written in english for english people for today. 

Sure some of the ideas contained in that little library, which it is, btw, written over and added to over several millenia.  Like love thy neighbor, an thou shalt nots... are not original to the bible nor to the israelites who were not all hebrew. 

The christ did not write one documented word, and none of the NT even exisited while jesus walked the earth, and I can bet you all a nickle he did not visit this shore and he did not preach anything remotely "christ like".   Especially in English!

Christianity was not even invented as we know it today.  Neither was marriage, land ownership, cars, or canned beans!

So, a gay guy goes to church, the trick is not getting killed by allegedly friendly fire from people who completely do not get a concept that predates the bible!   Predates the written word, certainly predates the english language!

Reality really eludes some, eh?

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2009 - 8:05PM #32
JoeRoyce

1st of all, Grace is no cheap ... it cost God His Son.

How do you figure that?  Is Jesus no longer with God?  Was He somehow taken away from God?

At most, it cost His Son's mortal life.  Hardly a sacrifice when you are the Son of God who came down with the purpose of dying and going right back to God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2009 - 8:33PM #33
clyde5001

May 31, 2009 -- 11:42PM, DaLight wrote:

May 30, 2009 -- 9:38AM, clyde5001 wrote:

...I prefer a faith that forces a person to take responsibility for their actions rather than rely on cheap grace.

Prop 8 out in '09!

1st of all, Grace is no cheap ... it cost God His Son. Second, your hilarious for saying "you prefer a faith...". lolol...this has nothing to do with preference! There is ONE truth whether we prefer it love it hate it want it .. or not. Maybe that's the problem, you're just looking for a faith that you like and missing the faith that IS.

1. Believeing that belief and not action will get you out of "hell". But it will allow you to harm others as you see fit without feeling badly about it.

2. God has one son - it is k'lal Y'israel - the Jewish people.

3. There is no preference - there is JUST Judaism.

4. I know that you're selling Xianity here, but Jews do not believe that religion has any validity. Sorry.

Shema Y'Israel Adnai Eloheinu, Adonei Echad.

Am Y'Israel Chai!

23,298 posts as of 2/27/2009

3,208 after the transition.

A 20,090 difference.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2009 - 11:54PM #34
leguru

I know that you're selling Xianity here, but Jews do not believe that religion has any validity. Sorry.

Just because there is no proof that Jesus even existed, let alone may have been the Messiah, you Jews don't believe in him. What a flimsy excuse! Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 10:33PM #35
DaLight

Jun 1, 2009 -- 8:25AM, REteach wrote:

I get my guidance from the ENTIRE BIBLE .. I dont speculate some parts are mistaken or changed or sabotaged or etc ..

Do you do stone women to death who were raped in town and not heard crying for help?

You are either a murderer or a liar.  Which is it? Because that is from the Bible you just claimed to follow completely.

I've already answered that claim in some lines back in this post...go check it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 10:48PM #36
DaLight

Jun 1, 2009 -- 8:05PM, JoeRoyce wrote:

1st of all, Grace is no cheap ... it cost God His Son.

How do you figure that?  Is Jesus no longer with God?  Was He somehow taken away from God?

At most, it cost His Son's mortal life.  Hardly a sacrifice when you are the Son of God who came down with the purpose of dying and going right back to God.

Hardly a sacrifice? May be if you're not the KING of KINGS being willingly spit upon, beaten, and crucified by your "servants"...to save those same people and their children.. the patience, the humbleness, the courage .. even though you have the power to crush it all... if that's not a sacrifice, what is? (rhetorical)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 11:05PM #37
DaLight

Jun 1, 2009 -- 2:52PM, darcamani wrote:

I find it hard to understand some still actually believe in and read the bible as fact written in english for english people for today. 

Sure some of the ideas contained in that little library, which it is, btw, written over and added to over several millenia.  Like love thy neighbor, an thou shalt nots... are not original to the bible nor to the israelites who were not all hebrew. 

The christ did not write one documented word, and none of the NT even exisited while jesus walked the earth, and I can bet you all a nickle he did not visit this shore and he did not preach anything remotely "christ like".   Especially in English!

Christianity was not even invented as we know it today.  Neither was marriage, land ownership, cars, or canned beans!

So, a gay guy goes to church, the trick is not getting killed by allegedly friendly fire from people who completely do not get a concept that predates the bible!   Predates the written word, certainly predates the english language!

Reality really eludes some, eh?

Dar

I hope you dont think the Bible verses are like witchcraft books (whatever they are called) that you need to recite the exact original words in its original language for a magic or a miracle to happen. The Bible is a communication tool between God and humans. What is being communicated can be translated into thousands of languages without losing its intent, just as you would translate any other book without complaint. Hundreds of scholars/profs/PhDs/theologians/historians/linguists/etc. (without losing sight of God's sovereignty) work for a decade to translate from the oldest known reliable scripts. Make sure the motive for your claim is not just  a mean to assist you remain in your ignorance. Just find some facts, do your honest research, then make a claim.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 1:37AM #38
leguru

Make sure the motive for your claim is not just  a mean to assist you remain in your ignorance. Just find some facts, do your honest research, then make a claim.

You can say that with a straight face? To DAR? To me? What a pity that God created mirrors if no one is going to use them! WinkKiss

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 10:36AM #39
clyde5001

Leguru,

You're looking for sense from the cult of conservative Xianity? Cool

Shema Y'Israel Adnai Eloheinu, Adonei Echad.

Am Y'Israel Chai!

23,298 posts as of 2/27/2009

3,208 after the transition.

A 20,090 difference.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 11:11AM #40
leguru

Jun 3, 2009 -- 10:36AM, clyde5001 wrote:

Leguru,

You're looking for sense from the cult of conservative Xianity?

You're right, my bad! Embarassed

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook