6 years ago  ::  May 06, 2008 - 7:59AM #1
REteach
Mildred Loving, who with her husband led to the overturn of discriminatory interracial marriage laws, just died.  I lift a toast to the Lovings, another couple who led the way against the powers of hatred and divisiveness. I hope that the rest of the discriminatory marriage laws go the same way and soon.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 06, 2008 - 4:25PM #2
hyoka
Standing to honor their courage and raising my cup  in gratitude .
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 06, 2008 - 4:46PM #3
Do_unto_others
From her obit in today's Globe and Mail...

"I am not a political person, but I am pround that Richard's and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, black or white, young or old, gay or straight seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That's what Loving, and loving, are all about."

Pass it on.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 08, 2008 - 11:28AM #4
darcamani
Blessed  Be.

Dar
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 1:57PM #5
Do_unto_others
Mildred will be pleased. The State Supreme Court of California has just declared that denying same-sex couples marriage is UN-Constitutional!

Hip, hip, hooray for JUSTICE!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 11:06PM #6
REteach
A fitting memorial.  :)
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 11:06PM #7
REteach
A fitting memorial.  :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 16, 2008 - 10:12PM #8
REteach
Too bad Mildred Loving can't come and post on the other thread.  She went through the same thing that gays in America are going through today.  She had an equal right to marry--any black man she wanted. Except the man she loved wasn't a black man, and she didn't have an equal right to marry the man she loved.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook