Page 5 of 24  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 Next
Switch to Forum Live View I'm shocked at the hatred
6 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2008 - 4:06PM #41
Chiyo

War_Eagle wrote:

You see, this is a good example of what I was talking about. I feel that my post was very respectful. I tried to explain our position in a calm, rational, and respectful way and instead of responding to my post and what I said, you immediately accuse me of something. That doesn't help your case.

The amazing thing is, since ReTeach is a straight Christian, this isn't [COLOR=red]her case. She has chosen to take this case on because the love of Christ and the love humanity compels her to.[/COLOR]

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2008 - 4:25PM #42
REteach
Interesting assumption that a person interested in the teachings of Jesus AND civil rights must be gay, isn't it?  :D
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2008 - 6:16PM #43
War_Eagle
[QUOTE=REteach;940079]Comparing someone to an adulterer, liar or thief because they fall in love with others of their own gender is a sin.  That is no different than comparing left-handed or blue-eyed people to liars, thieves and adulterers.

Not only are you insulting others (and acting surprised that they are upset), you are insulting God's creation. I'm sure He will thank you for that...[/QUOTE]

I didn't compare anyone to anyone. I compared what the Bible says about certain behaviors.

Are you ignorant of the Bible?

Yes. I've been studying it for ten years, preaching it for about ten, a pastor for three, and I currently teach Old Testament Survey I&II, Church History I&II, Fundamentals of the Faith, and "America's Godly Heritage" (which we will soon be renaming because I just found out yesterday that "America's Godly Heritage" is a copywrited property).

The Bible says do not eat shrimp, do not wear fabrics made of two different fabrics, to stone to death women raped in town who were not heard crying for help, and not to wear wedding rings.

So what gives you the right to demand others obey the Bible if you don't have to?

Hypocrisy?

That's a fair question and here is why we believe that we can eat shellfish, wear mixed fabrics, and do not stone adulterers. In, the Bible, each of these laws was given specifically to the nation of Israel under what the Bible calls the Old Covenant. This covenant was a covenant that God made specifically with the Jews for a specified period of time.

The dietary rules were never intended to apply to anyone other than Israel. Jesus later declares all foods clean (Mark 7:19). God gave the apostle Peter a vision in which He declares concerning formerly unclean animals, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean” (Acts 10:15). When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:24-26; Ephesians 2:15). This includes the laws regarding clean and unclean foods.

The nation of Israel (that is, the Biblical nation of Israel, not the nation formed in 1948 called Israel) no longer exists and we are now under the New Covenant. If you would like to learn more about this, Hebrews, specifically chapter 8, talks about this in great detail and explains the differences between the two covenants and why Christians are not to follow the Old Covenant. As far as wearing mixed fibers goes, even under the Old Covenant, that law was not for everyone to follow, only the Levitical priests.

Interesting assumption that a person interested in the teachings of Jesus AND civil rights must be gay, isn't it? 

I don't know that anybody here has assumed that you were either gay or straight.

Anyhoo, I've tried very hard to be respectful to you, even in the face of your inexplicable agressiveness and personal barbs. You seem to want to win an argument very bad, when all I'm trying to do is just to talk to you and explain our position.

Like I said in the other thread, this sort of thing is exactly what I was talking about when I said that the attitude of so many people on your side of the argument is not helping and so, before I'm tempted to respond in kind, I'm going to go ahead and let you have the last word. I wasn't aware that this was a debate or an argument but if you want to tell yourself that you won it, that's fine, too. I'll go on and look for others who want to discuss this respectfully.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2008 - 6:20PM #44
War_Eagle
[QUOTE=Chiyo;940091]The amazing thing is, since ReTeach is a straight Christian, this isn't [COLOR=red]her case. She has chosen to take this case on because the love of Christ and the love humanity compels her to.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Actually, she did start accusing me right out of the box and continued to accuse me and make personal digs throughout our conversation. It's unfortunate that she left me with no other alternative than to put her on my ignore list, but I believe anyone who read my posts to her will see that I was very respectful to her and did not do anything to provoke her behavior.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2008 - 10:52PM #45
Chiyo

War_Eagle wrote:

Actually, she did start accusing me right out of the box and continued to accuse me and make personal digs throughout our conversation. It's unfortunate that she left me with no other alternative than to put her on my ignore list, but I believe anyone who read my posts to her will see that I was very respectful to her and did not do anything to provoke her behavior.

Eventually, War_Eagle, everyone is going to be on your ignore list and you won't have anyone left to talk with, no reason to come back here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2008 - 1:17AM #46
mountain_man
[QUOTE=Chiyo;940825]Eventually, War_Eagle, everyone is going to be on your ignore list and you won't have anyone left to talk with, no reason to come back here.[/QUOTE]
I'd have to agree with War_Eagle on this ONE thing. She's in my ignore list for the very reasons he stated. There's only about 5 people in my ignore list. All are there for being just plain nasty. I don't mind disagreement, in fact I love it, but there's no reason to get belligerent about it.
Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2008 - 12:51PM #47
Chiyo

mountain_man wrote:

I'd have to agree with War_Eagle on this ONE thing. She's in my ignore list for the very reasons he stated. There's only about 5 people in my ignore list. All are there for being just plain nasty. I don't mind disagreement, in fact I love it, but there's no reason to get belligerent about it.

Some folks deserve belligerence. Not referring to you, MM, or anyone in particular.

Oh, and if you look, you'll see War_Eagle is already suspended. Wonder why? :confused:

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2008 - 1:08PM #48
mountain_man
[QUOTE=Chiyo;941496]Some folks deserve belligerence. Not referring to you, MM, or anyone in particular.

I agree... and I've been known to, rarely, dish it out myself. :D

Oh, and if you look, you'll see War_Eagle is already suspended. Wonder why? :confused:[/QUOTE]
That's what happens when two belligerent people clash.

All I'm saying is that a judicious use of the ignore function is a good way to go. I'm sure my name shows up on quite a few lists.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2008 - 1:15PM #49
Chiyo

mountain_man wrote:

All I'm saying is that a judicious use of the ignore function is a good way to go. I'm sure my name shows up on quite a few lists.

But not on mine. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2008 - 3:24PM #50
mountain_man
[QUOTE=Chiyo;941530]But not on mine. :)[/QUOTE]
Then you're being too nice. :cool:

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 24  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook