Switch to Forum Live View I am Gay but why i am attracted to only str8 man?
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 10:02PM #1
Sajr1
OK i know this is not right and me and my best friend, we are in our late 20's early 30's...Educated, have nice bodys, we go out and have ok job, but why we re attracted to str8 man?
Since i knew myself 10yo i always like man, then i thought OK here i am 21 yo i can go out and meet man, but then when i walked in to Gay bars i thought i am in my "Sisters party" all those mascle Marry's, they act just like girls
So what do we Gays do? Anytime i am with my str8 friends str8 place i feel so relaxed and so sensual and Just perfect. I am only attracted to str8 man
I wonder if anyone else have same problem? I had few very short romances with str8 or bisexual guys
I wonder if Brokeback Mountaines was only a movie? I truely believe it was a Big  Love story between str8 guy and Gay guy.
Or maybe i am from NYC and i never met str8 acting Gay guys? Ok ok i am not that naive i met few but they need bodyguards everytime they walk in to the nightclub or bars, there is a big line people just talking to them, Gays go crazy for those str8 looking gay guys.. its impossible even talk to them. They are like big Celebritys in real world.
then you go to the srt8 bars and clubs or partys and you see 70% of str8 man you think WOW this is excactly what i Like this is what i LOVE. This is what i feel inside.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2009 - 6:20PM #2
Pacificheart

Sajr -

I went through a phase where I was only attracted to straight guys, but it passed when I realized that what I was attracted to wasn't straightness per se, it was the unselfconscious sort of confidence that a lot of straight men seem to exude.

A lot of gay guys just aren't that easy in their own skins - understandable, since we're taught that being what we are is sinful/disgusting/etc. - whereas a lot of straight guys are.

I wonder if you might be attracted not to heterosexuality in men, but simply masculinity and that quality of being at ease with oneself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2010 - 7:30AM #3
JemusuTaira

Unfortunately, it's also just one of those cases where statistics is out to get you. Considering that most sources say it's about 1 in 10 men who are attracted to the same sex, more often than not, that's simply how it is, there's more straight men than gay men. Damn, women are lucky.

I agree, that aura of confidence is a huge turn-on that a great deal of gay men may not possess thanks to being looked down upon all the time. But make the best of what you can get, who knows, that extra sensitivity may count towards a very happy relationship with a special person, the emotional spectrum is broader, more empathy I'd imagine.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2010 - 4:44PM #4
Yavanna

Ah, no. I think there's way too much stereotyping going on. What is a gay man "supposed" to act like?

What is a straight man "supposed" to act like?

Stereotypes are a waste of time.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2010 - 1:44PM #5
mainecaptain

Nov 16, 2010 -- 4:44PM, Yavanna wrote:

Ah, no. I think there's way too much stereotyping going on. What is a gay man "supposed" to act like?

What is a straight man "supposed" to act like?

Stereotypes are a waste of time.

You're right. I have no idea what anyone is supoosed to act like. Lately I look...... well undescribable. eeeeecckk

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2011 - 8:35PM #6
Angel David

As a gay guy myself...I understand where you're coming from as you would like to date someone straight acting/looking. I am masculine but have my fem moments as most of us gay guys do. 

You just know what you want which is good but in the long run as you get older--if you don't find that guy that fits your criteria--you'll get less pickier. 

Good luck!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook