Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Why Gays Shouldn't Be Allowed To Marry
6 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2009 - 7:54PM #11
robinsgarret
Reason number 13:

Because if you strip gay people of all their rights, deprive their children, and make their jobs and homes insecure..... they WILL stop having sex, and doing those things you think are disgusting.  You know those things that are like the ones.... well... that YOU do....
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 5:18PM #12
Rosie-Toes
Don't forget the biggest reason:

"Because they're icky and have cooties."~~My niece, describing boys.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 9:49PM #13
glendalee2585
Great posts, too bad the only ones who are posting is those who already agreed with you. Most fun I had at a wedding was as the female "best man" for my lesbain friend. Whoops, there a problem, we may have to change what we call the bride and groom and attendants. OH my, what will Emily Post think?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 9:49PM #14
glendalee2585
Great posts, too bad the only ones who are posting is those who already agreed with you. Most fun I had at a wedding was as the female "best man" for my lesbain friend. Whoops, there a problem, we may have to change what we call the bride and groom and attendants. OH my, what will Emily Post think?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2009 - 10:13AM #15
Iwantamotto

Tmarie64]Sorry!  wrote:

Sorry!  Really... I can't imagine ruining the man I was married to.  I mean, divorces happen.  For whatever reason, except physical abuse, I wouldn't break my husband.  I might make his life hell until the divorce was final, but I wouldn't try to take everything he had.

I don't believe in ruining husbands either.  If he were an abuser ... there'd be no divorce.  He'd be dead after the first punch.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 2:08PM #16
PeaceLoveandUnderstanding
The LGBT community deserve the same rights as all other people. The LGBT community has suffered like the African Americans suffered civil rights abuses against them in the past. I care about all people and I make no distinction between African American History and LGBT History, both are the same and are both victims of intolerance and bigotry.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 2:26PM #17
mountain_man

PeaceLoveandUnderstanding wrote:

The LGBT community deserve the same rights as all other people. The LGBT community has suffered like the African Americans suffered civil rights abuses against them in the past. I care about all people and I make no distinction between African American History and LGBT History, both are the same and are both victims of intolerance and bigotry.

But it's not fair. I count 3 gay couples among my friends. If they get married I'll have to buy 3 presents that I otherwise would not have to buy. And they are good friends so that means I'll have to buy good presents. I'll go broke!

Or.... I could talk them into letting me conduct the ceremony and then I'll get paid! Nah... I couldn't charge my friends.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 4:50PM #18
Iwantamotto
Yeah, but then Divorce Court will get twice as interesting to watch. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 4:50PM #19
Iwantamotto
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2009 - 11:57AM #20
Vanillaangel

Iwantamotto wrote:

Actually the gay community has longer lived relationships than the married straight ones. And, interestingly enough, divorce is higher among Christian couples than any other faith group including Pagans. And it's higher than among non-religious like atheists and agnostics.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook