Post Reply
Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 9:37PM #11
REteach
Posts: 15,150
I'm not too fond of some of the stuff we do either. However, do we want to discuss graft in the Mexican police, for example?  The even greater disparity between the haves and have nots?
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 10:12PM #12
BillyBoy
Posts: 83

aylmer_j wrote:


These things happen. And good Americans take notice, and force changes accordingly. I refuse to believe that the current state of affairs in America, however dismal, means that we are heading for a second Holocaust.



You may have the time and luxury to believe such utter rot but the little kids in Iraq that are having their limbs blown off every single day by American bull-shit don't have the same luxury. Nor do the Asian children who stay up every night long after they should have been tucked into bed building the components for your vibrators and microwaves, and the Mexicans you attack and criticize as low class and beneath the right to enter paradise...  You guys are disgusting in your misunderstanding and missuses of other weaker human beings... If you shop in Wal-Mart I'm talking directly to you SLAVER! 

aylmer_j wrote:

I mean, we're working on gay marriage at the moment! It may have taken us a little longer than Canada, or, I don't know, Denmark, but we're getting there, Billy.



The COST of your "getting there" is way to high, America is abusive and wasteful of resources she doesn't even own, you are thieves and tyrants hiding behind government that you the people elected then re-elected... Face what you are and stop looking for the good in a rotten system... 

aylmer_j wrote:

And yes, maybe I'm blisteringly naive. And if that's the case, I'll hope you'll let me come to Mexico and stay with you when the takeover occurs. Even though I am a horrible American pig.



It amazes me that Mexicans don't hate you as much as they should, but they are a wonderfully forgiving people who it is my absolute pleasure to live among, but if my vote counted at all here I would absolutely vote to close the border the other way, against the filth and pollution that streams everyday into Mexico from America....

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 10:19PM #13
BillyBoy
Posts: 83

REteach wrote:

Is there a generation yet who hasn't had someone claiming "the sky is falling!"?  Culture was going down the toilet in Aristotle's time, and every year ever since. 

Beam me up, Scotty.



Yeah, so its crap like this that allows the AVERAGE American to remain complacent, to blithely continue buying products he knows are made by child slaves because "everybody does it" you are maybe the sickest of them all because you are not using history to learn from but you use it to make your present insane behavior ok....

Beam the whole damn lot of you up and start again I say!

Billy

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 10:34PM #14
REteach
Posts: 15,150
LOL!  Ah, yes, polemics can go any direction. 

Yours is particularly funny since you don't know my opinions about Iraq and collateral damage. 

Hmm, maybe I should cancel my volunteering at the free medical clinic Monday so I don't make a liar out of you?

Goodbye.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 10:35PM #15
LittleBuddha73
Posts: 1,399
[QUOTE=BillyBoy;297860]Yeah, so its crap like this that allows the AVERAGE American to remain complacent, to blithely continue buying products he knows are made by child slaves because "everybody does it" you are maybe the sickest of them all because you are not using history to learn from but you use it to make your present insane behavior ok....

Beam the whole damn lot of you up and start again I say!

Billy[/QUOTE]

There are actually quite a few of us that agree with much that you say, are discouraged with the state of America (and much of the rest of the world), yet we are not complacent. We are hopeful and are taking action to make things better. To hear you tell it, we should all just shoot ourselves in the head and start over. How bitter and unpleasant.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 10:35PM #16
BillyBoy
Posts: 83

REteach wrote:

I'm not too fond of some of the stuff we do either. However, do we want to discuss graft in the Mexican police, for example?  The even greater disparity between the haves and have nots?



We could do that but what difference would that make to the little Mexican children America employs at slave labor rates in every industrial city on the continent, and what about the pollution the American tire companies prefer to dump here instead of in America where the tires are used...

Don't talk to me about Mexican graft, I live here I'm fully aware of it but it always pales when the truth below the surface is revealed. Do you know that no other boarder in the world has a 1st world country and a 3rd world country butting each other?

Do you know why, every other instance of this the 1st world country has done everything in its power to improve its neighbors, everyone but America who has a history of shitting in other peoples nests...

You are a degrading people, you degrade any hope of the world surviving the global problems we ALL face with your short term greed. It is to much for even the entire planet to support... But you have the nukes so we must press on no matter how disgusting you look you will always enforce your greed! It's the American Way!!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 10:36PM #17
LittleBuddha73
Posts: 1,399
P.S. I don't shop at Wal-Mart.
...And you're making me re-think that whole "fence" idea....
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 10:36PM #18
aylmer_j
Posts: 114
Do not attack me personally for the sins of America.

Out of genuine interest, what would you suggest that I do to abolish child slavery? Your “hurry up and get out of America”-plan doesn’t sound very socially responsible to me, on it's own.

I promise I will make an effort not to buy anything produced by child slaves. Better yet, I'll work to change the corporations instigating slavery. I have several family members already involved in such programs. What you need to realize is that your anger at the world's injustices cannot be laid at the feet of all 300 million Americans.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 10:43PM #19
aylmer_j
Posts: 114
PS--No one on this board ever said anything about Mexicans being "low class" or "beneath the right to enter paradise." And I feel I can vouch for the fact that none of us would ever be ignorant enough to say such a thing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 10:46PM #20
LittleBuddha73
Posts: 1,399
[QUOTE=aylmer_j;297907]PS--No one on this board ever said anything about Mexicans being "low class" or "beneath the right to enter paradise." And I feel I can vouch for the fact that none of us would ever be ignorant enough to say such a thing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I love the country and the people. I've seriously contemplated even living there someday!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook