Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
6 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 11:37PM #31
BillyBoy

LittleBuddha73 wrote:

I don't have nukes, nor do I approve of my country having them. I've ALWAYS wondered why the US is "allowed" to have them, but doesn't allow any one else to have them (not that I think anyone should have them). I disapprove of our going into Iraq, and I've voiced as much every chance I get. I'm sick about the last 8 years in particular. I'm sick about the fact that our nation doesn't do shit for Africa. I'm sick about the fact that our nation doesn't do shit for its own poor and homeless. But instead of wishing it would "fall" I do what I can to make it better. As I said, I don't shop at Wal-Mart. And I live in the city, so I drive as little as possible (bike and walk when I can). I fill my gas tank about every three weeks. Don't you drive? Don't you use batteries for anything?
Your attitude reminds me of those guys that drove planes into New York. I bet you actually got a laugh out of that. I understand being angry - I've been called unpatriotic and worse, because instead of "being proud" of my country, I voice what's wrong with it, and I try to change it. What are you doing besides wishing American would just disappear? And telling me that you have friends, and even a wife, that is American, doesn't mean anything when you speak the way you do. It's exactly like those people who use racist slurs, and in the next breath, say, "but some of my best friends are black..."

My my you are angry aren't you, I don't think anyone crashed the World Trade Center but the people who did the deed - the CIA and its operatives... Ive read the evidence on all sides and its obvious that Osama had nothing to do with it because if he did America would have stayed on his tail till they got him.

No I do not own a car nor do I drive one, haven't for 15 or so years since I first learn about the Warming, my wife owned one when I met her but I convinced her that it was entirely to destructive to the environment and she, eventually agreed. Why do you feel so personally attacked, it is as though you think I am NOT asking Americans for something totally reasonable?

I am asking you not to support child slavery and to stop the killing in Iraq? Who should I ask? Should I ask your President who has a history of ignoring even the most intelligent science on the planet if there's a green-back to be made.

Isn't it time to end the abuse and killing and who is going to do that but the people of the government involved... You need to lighten up a bit and realize that my hatred is for the system that allows this insanity not the people or even the government.

Yes you are a crazy culture and you are arrogant beyond belief but these things can and are straightened out between people as they straighten out their own governments to a more humane world!

Lighten up bruddha!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 11:46PM #32
BillyBoy

aylmer_j wrote:

I am taking your statements personally because you are addressing "America" in the second person! You are addressing "America" as if it were me, or LittleBuddha, or ReTeach.

Imperialist training? No, I'm annoyed that you're making blanket statements about "ALL Americans" rather than stopping to notice that maybe, just maybe, SOME Americans are decent people who are trying to make the world a better place.

I did not say or imply that there is anything at all indecent about being imperialist but my daughter was forced to attend school for 6 months while she visited me in America and her views of her experience allowed her to understand intimately why so many American youth turn violently against the system - it is imperialist in its methodology...

She, my daughter couldn't stand being treated the way she was and cut her time in America short!

Lighten up will ya... Sheeeeehs your acting so American!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 11:50PM #33
LittleBuddha73
[QUOTE=BillyBoy;298005]My my you are angry aren't you, I don't think anyone crashed the World Trade Center but the people who did the deed - the CIA and its operatives... Ive read the evidence on all sides and its obvious that Osama had nothing to do with it because if he did America would have stayed on his tail till they got him. [/QUOTE]
Not angry at all. I'm not the one calling for the fall of an entire country, calling Americans stupid, and using blanket statements to link an entire people when, as aylmer said, some of us are great people trying to make change. Do you expect me to sit back and have you assume that all Americans are the same? These forums are for discussion and debate. I'm debating.

[QUOTE]No I do not own a car nor do I drive one, haven't for 15 or so years since I first learn about the Warming, my wife owned one when I met her but I convinced her that it was entirely to destructive to the environment and she, eventually agreed. Why do you feel so personally attacked, it is as though you think I am NOT asking Americans for something totally reasonable? [/QUOTE]
I don't think you are asking for anything unreasonable at all. I've asked for the same things. And I feel personally attacked (as do the others here) because you ARE attacking us.

[QUOTE]I am asking you not to support child slavery and to stop the killing in Iraq? Who should I ask? Should I ask your President who has a history of ignoring even the most intelligent science on the planet if there's a green-back to be made.[/QUOTE]
And I'm telling you that I don't support these things. I don't support our current president, and I never have.

[QUOTE]Isn't it time to end the abuse and killing and who is going to do that but the people of the government involved... You need to lighten up a bit and realize that my hatred is for the system that allows this insanity not the people or even the government.[/QUOTE]
But that is not what you said at all.  If you had expressed yourself like that in the first place, none of us would have responded the way we did.

[QUOTE]Yes you are a crazy culture and you are arrogant beyond belief but these things can and are straightened out between people as they straighten out their own governments to a more humane world!
[/QUOTE]

That's what I want!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2008 - 1:41AM #34
BillyBoy
I think you are angry - you are feeling personally attacked which I have not done but it serves you to feel this way and to point it out so that you can make the points I wish to make seem less important.

I don't care how hurt you feel about what you think I did, my concern is for the people your people are KILLING every day, it is for the children your people are ABUSING everyday... How you feel about my concerns or my expression, or lack of subtlety in expressing my concerns is completely meaningless to me...

American's - they take everything so personally - it is as though you actually do have a good understanding of democracy only the only one it applies to is you!!!! Do you really think your hurt feelings matter at all in the face of the death and suffering your people are causing every day of the week... GROW UP!!!

Billy
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook