Switch to Forum Live View question for mormons :)
7 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2008 - 4:15AM #1
sugarnspice0589
I am a Mormon girl, and when I first stumbled upon this website, I saw a post that was talking about when you have gone too far and need to speak with your Bishop and it made me really curious because everyone was saying different things. I always thought that it was petting, but some of the people said that you didn't need to go in for that if you felt like you had repented enough, and on the other side some said that you needed to go talk to the Bishop for things like kissing too much, and I was wondering what everyone thinks. Is it after making out? When they kiss your neck? Petting? Only heavy petting? Farther? Thanks!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2008 - 9:42AM #2
hm2menger
I'm not a Mormon, I'm a Wiccan. I my religion, we say "All acts of love and pleasure are my rituals". Ask a Bishop if you care what they think,
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2008 - 11:25AM #3
BetteTheRedde
From an observers POV, the latter sounds like a whole lot more fun than the former...
"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

Alan Barth, New York Times, November 26, 1961
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2008 - 11:25AM #4
BetteTheRedde
From an observers POV, the latter sounds like a whole lot more fun than the former...
"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

Alan Barth, New York Times, November 26, 1961
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2008 - 5:42PM #5
darcamani
sugarandspice,
I was raised in a  4th generation LDS family, your questions are easy to answer, .
They do not require any extra work except listening to yoursel.

Read James:1;5 , don't bother with the bishpop, ask his supervisor, who happens to be yours as well!. 
It is your question, your body, your concern , your responsibility, it is too precious to be placed in hands other than yours and the ONE you believe you need to answer to,  trust yourself,  first.
If the answers you receive are one thing and some one else tells you another, be careful. Trust your instincts.

And NO!  means NO!! and can be told gently, firmly and even with crunchies on top.  Your "NO" counts and no one is allowed to breach it,  if you are petting and it feels good, consider before you get there what may happen. No means no, not may be, and if may be happens, fair to let mate know what maybe means , why tell your bishop? unless he is the one that is your partner, he cannot definre your "no".
It is NONE of his BUSINESS!

It is YOURS though , claim it and be responsible.  Carry condoms with you always, and use them until you can afford to raise  the child you may be creating, be honest with your partner, know people lie, so educate yourself quickly, go to Planned Parenthood, or go to a teacher you trust.
Ask about petting and oral sex and get the facts you need.

Try not get lost in semantics   If ANY lack wisdom ask of GOD who givith liberally to all...
James 1:5,

no, I don't hardly ever use the bible  this was the first verse I read as a young mormon woman, I took to it to heart and went to the bishop many times with my answer, my answer remained the same, his answer said he knew better.

I am forever grateful I went to the Boss, not the bishop.

Dar
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2008 - 5:45PM #6
darcamani
Oh and if you are worried about talking to the bishop what is the boy doing? 
Is he hold same standards?
I know many a mormon man who forgot all about stuff when "joseph dick" replaces Joseph Smith.

Dar
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2008 - 1:41AM #7
sugarnspice0589
whoa there is no boy first of all i was simply wondering....
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2008 - 8:53AM #8
darcamani
sugarandspice,

wondering and asking questions is a very good thing.

i am thinking you have the answers you need for you already, do not seek the bishops help unless he is your wanted partner.
the fact you are asking yourself these important questions   is a wonderful sign you are thinking about stuff that is really important, be  honest with yourself, it is ok to be mormon and know and respect sexual love, and boundaries.
They are yours.
Just really remember the bishop is no sex counselor and more than likely knows nothing about much beyond personal experience with power and control. and how that can relate sexualy

ask of god  first.  you will get a better answer. 

have a healthy happy spiritual and sexual life with no one telling you what you "need for your own good"... only you know that.

Again, be your own bishop,  know your body and know your limits.--
let the person know your limits and listen to their limits too. Honor them.
if a partner gets demanding or forces you to do ANYTHING. 
for any reason, it is not an act of love, it is rape.

That is when you go to the bishop with partner , even the groping one, it will be an eye opener.

You are questioning important things right now, many do it through out their lives,  what may seem scary and uncomfortale now is going to change.

respect the very fact you are your own goddess, act accordingly . 

thinking about it and asking yourself these questions as you embrace yourself as a lover, will guide you.   

do i feel safe
do i want to be touched
am i sober, sick or feel opligated. 

these questions need to be addressed. and not in the moment.
try sharing a bag of popcorn and talk about it.

again, unless it is the bishop you are dealing with , he does not have a need to know and if he says he does for ANY reason, get out , get away, RUN! and seek help, call the crisis hotline, usually found first page of a phone book.

i know you were simply asking a question, yet this is not a simple answer.
i  was raised mormon, i was a little girl too, taught all kinds of things were bad but those things were excused because a mans' interpretation'  of a certain dogma dictated his life and everyone around him.

Dar
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook