Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Homosexuals spreading staph
7 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 9:59AM #11
IreneAdler
[QUOTE=Charm06;217271]Read the link, IreneAdler. 13% higher it says.[/QUOTE]

Have read the article.
What do you mean "13% higher"?  What is "13% higher"?

IS this your take on the sentence: " Incidence of the new variant is 13 times higher in San Francieso's heavily gay Castro neighborhood and surrounding zip codes than in the city's general population."  ?

Maybe you should read the article- more carefully this time.

IRene.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 10:14AM #12
hm2menger
Staphylococcus aureus is a normal flora organism that lives on EVERY human beings skin, (just like E. Coli is in EVERYBODY'S intestines). When you have a cut and it gets infected, most likely, the bacteria that caused it was Staph aureus. The organism implicated in toxic shock syndrome was Staph aureus. Certainly staph can be introduced sexually, just as can any other bacteria, but blaming one particular orientation for this exhibits profound ignorance of medical microbiology.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 10:18AM #13
IreneAdler
[QUOTE=JonAtFaithUCC;217277]You want a ban on all gay sex.  How would me becoming celibate stop the spread of this brand of staph infection?[/QUOTE]

Sure like to hear the answer to this one! C'mon Charm06- please enlighten us!

Irene.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 10:24AM #14
hm2menger
Oh just went back and read more of the thread, MRSA or methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus, is a genetically mutated form of Staph, just like the "Dreaded" E. coli strains that make the news. MRSA was until VERY recently a strictly hospital acquired organism. We in the medical field created this thing by shotgunning everybody with antibiotics. As I said it has recently escaped the hospital. Surprise people that worked there shed the thing in the world and it grew. My brother recently got it on his skin an the site of a shingles infection on his leg. I assure you, he isn't gay and doesn't involve the calf of his leg in sexual acts. Viruses and bacteria are one cell organisms, they don't have morals, they don't know or CARE what orientation their host is or what the Bible says.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 10:42AM #15
PaulaEdwina
Pssst. Nobody tell the OP that the CDC says that 50% of all new HIV cases are among African Americans. He'll probably want to ban us next!

Paula
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 11:47AM #16
REteach
This whole thread is a violation of the ROC, as well as particular posts, and I have notified appropriate staff and sent copies of the offending posts. 

Certain people might want to consider how much more rope they want to hang themselves with.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook