Page 4 of 20  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Gay marriage or Civil Union?
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 2:05AM #31
becca97
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by cultresearcher 
Gay marriage or civil what ever you want to call it, it Is still wrong. God made adam and Eve not adam and steve. Back in the days of the bible HE destroyed sodom and gomarrah for that sin.[/QUOTE]

Technically he created Adam then lillith then as Adam wanted to subjegate lillith and she ran away she was henously punished and adam had eve created from his rib so she woudl forever be indebted to him ..... Male chauvanist piggism at its finest i'd say.

[COLOR="Blue"]  Some say the God created man and woman in His own image on the Sixth Day, giving them charge over the world, but that Eve did not yet exist. Now, God had set Adam to name every beast, bird and other living thing. When they passed before him in pairs, male and female, Adam--being already like a twenty-year-old man--felt jealous of their loves, and though he tried coupling with each female creature in turn, found no satisfaction in the act. He therefore cried: "Every creature but I has a proper mate!" and prayed God would remedy this injustice.
      God then created a woman for Adam, from the earth, as He had created Adam himself, and called her Lilith. Adam and Lilith began to fight. She said, "I will not lie below," and he said, "I will not lie beneath you, but only on top. For you are fit only to be in the bottom position, while am to be in the superior one." Lilith responded, "We are equal to each other inasmuch as we were both created from the earth." Because Adam tried to compel her obedience by force, Lilith, in a rage, uttered the magic name of God, rose into the air and left him.
      Adam stood in prayer before his Creator: "Sovereign of the universe!" he said, "the woman you gave me has run away." At once, the Holy One, blessed be He, sent these three angles to bring her back. Said the Holy One to Adam, "If she agrees to come back, fine. If not she must permit one hundred of her children to die every day."
      The angels left God and pursued Lilith, whom they overtook in the midst of the sea, in the mighty waters wherein the Egyptians were destined to drown. They told her God's word, but she did not wish to return.
      "It will be death to refuse!" they answered.
      "How can I die," Lilith asked again, "when God has ordered me to take charge of all newborn children: boys up to the eighth day of life, that of circumcision; girls up to the twentieth day. None the less, if ever I see your three names or likenesses displayed in an amulet above a newborn child, I promise to spare it." To this they agreed, but God punished Lilith by making one hundred of her children perish daily.
      Then God said, "It is not good for man to be alone" (Genesis 2:18), and he created a second wife for Adam and called her Eve. To ensure her subjection to Adam, Eve was created from Adam's rib as a reminder that she owed her very existence to him.[/COLOR]

using the example of soddom to support your unacceptance is a little weak there is no actual evidence that the sole reason for their destruction was for homosexual acts whatever modern christianity likes to beleive   http://www.religioustolerance.org/hombibg193.htm

You are doing what so many fearfull men have done before and using the bible to support your own intolerance, hatreds, fears and unacceptance of others ..... shame on you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 1:08PM #32
BobGreen
Cultresearcher
You have some stigma and prejudices about something you don’t know much about.
I don’t think you hate me because I am gay just like I don’t hate you because you don’t understand, and most likely you are misguided, about gay people.
I have broken many people’s stereotype about gay men in general.  Many Christian conservatives love me because I am  traditional, I don’t lie, I don’t go to bars, I don’t do dugs, I don’t believe in casual sex and I respect people for who they are. They even want fix me up with their daughters or other relatives. Those who have stereotype for gay men don’t even believe it when I tell them I am gay. I am a big man, 6’3” and 235 pounds, very athletic and masculine with  a voice that people call it “the voice of God”. I am told I look like Bruce Willis and I do look like him. I came up when I was 13 years old. I always knew I don’t like women that way and I am attracted to men. I didn’t make myself gay, I just am. Just like you didn’t yourself heterosexual, you just woke up with it,didn't you?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 1:09PM #33
BobGreen
Becca97
Your respond to cultresearch is just as equally intolerant and hatful.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 1:13PM #34
BobGreen
Mindis1
I am not the one you need to convince; I am in agreement with you on this one.
However, I take  a civil union for now as I continue the fight for an equal right.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 1:19PM #35
BobGreen
[QUOTE=BetteTheRedde;208955]Working from the opposite direction, then (because knowing sodding lawyers, the word in the precedents will matter at least once), how about we change "religious marriage" to "sacramentally united"?[/QUOTE]

Bad fight. How is this not controlling people? Besides, why feed the idea that gay right advocates are trying to change the values of family and marriage?
I want government out of "love" relationships, whether the marriage is between races or within same sexes, is none of anyone’s business. That’s’ all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 2:38PM #36
BetteTheRedde
Because up here in depraved Canada, we've had marriage for everyone under one word for quite a while and the sky has not fallen and the word and the institution appear undamaged. May as well argue for what you're ultimately going to get.

Making civil marriage available to everyone, and letting the churches work out their own policies, seems to be the easiest, quickest and fairest solution. Your dumb government(s) just have to figure that out.
"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

Alan Barth, New York Times, November 26, 1961
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 8:55PM #37
mindis1
[QUOTE=cultresearcher;209579]First your questions don't make sense.  Secondly, yes it is from the bible.[/QUOTE]

(1) The questions I asked you, but that you did not answer, are entirely coherent, and are a direct response to what you have said here.

(2) I asked you whom you claim the Bible permits to participate in civil marriage laws?  But you didn’t answer.  If you believe that there is anything in your Bible that requires any government to deny same-sex couples the rights and responsibilities of civil marriage, then quote it.   

I believe that you’re either lying or ignorant of what is stated in the Bible when you claim that there is something in the Bible that restricts participation in civil marriage to only different-sex couples.  Prove me wrong.  Quote it. 

[QUOTE]Don't confuse me with a gay basher.  [/QUOTE]

The only reason you’ve given so far for denying same-sex couples equal marriage rights is unadulterated homophobia.

[QUOTE]I believe it is wrong what you are doing.  [/QUOTE]

All that I have done here is respond to the idiotic and false claims and suggestions you have made here.  There is nothing wrong with that, neither in your Bible nor in Beliefnet’s ROC.  Right?  So get it straight:  you do not need to make any further homophobic remarks about me personally.  As far as you know, I always put my penis in vaginas, right?  So just answer the questions I’ve asked about what you’ve said.    Unless you have something to hide, you won’t have a problem with that.  Right?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 9:30PM #38
solfeggio
This cultresearch person is obviously a homophobe. 

And, as such, no one should dignify this person's offensive and downright disgusting assertions with an answer.

It is my sincere hope that the beliefs of this person are not those of mainstream America.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 11:51PM #39
ponderman
hey everyone
i am once again dissappointed that a good reason to not permit gays to marry has not been discussed.Ever since
the issue came up i have wondered what the underlying reason was.I dont believe sky daddy has anything to do
with the issue.and i get really irritated when people use that as a reason.i was taught that this country is a freedom
of faith nation.I am not gay but i respect the rights of others.So once again i ask what is the real reason behind this.
Do we not want to dole out adams social security checks to steve or are we a nation of ignorant bigoted racists.
futhermore it makes no sense to me that gays live together and play house just like a man and woman,but we have decided to draw the line at the alter,sheeesh give me a break.My gma and gpa were both maried at least
8 times.My father is currently on his 3rd.I was married once for a whole 3 years,i am currently very happily unmariied now for ten years.So as you can see marriage only means a social security check for the survivor.
So lets really try to be honest with one another for the real reason behind all this.Because the other stated
reasons i have simply outgrown.Really i am interested in knowing.
     with all due respect to everyone ponderman411
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 11:51PM #40
BobGreen
[QUOTE=solfeggio;211628]This cultresearch person is obviously a homophobe. 

And, as such, no one should dignify this person's offensive and downright disgusting assertions with an answer.

It is my sincere hope that the beliefs of this person are not those of mainstream America.[/QUOTE]

Solfeggio
People who don’t understand homosexuality, like any other group of people, are heterogeneous. Not all of them ”hate” gay people or would discriminate against them. Through many years that I have worked in hospitals and social services, I have seen many people change. Some people get over their homophobia after interaction with gay people, I have seen it especially happen with religious people. To many of them, is not about hatred, is more than a lack of knowledge. Or someone in position of power has miss-guided them.
Homophobia, like all fears, is a direct result of ignorance and lack of experience. For some others, homophobia is nothing more than a form of prejudice, and all prejudice is rooted in ignorance.
I dislike stereotyping, not all homophobic are full of hatred. Some just need education and interaction.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 20  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook