Page 2 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
7 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 11:26PM #11
Vojerleda
Cultresearcher,

Beautiful_Dreamer has been nice enough to clearly point out the differences between real women and the nazis that you seem to have imagined. She does this, I think, in hopes that maybe some of this will sink in somewhere, and you'll understand that not only are most women exceedingly tolerant of male, other female, and children's behavior, but so was Christ: he was a gem of tolerance, dude.

Some of his greatest hits:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

"Luke 9:49-50 "...we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbade him, because he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us."

Also, if you can say, as you did, that most of her gender doesn't treat men well, then you must be a Gallup pollster or something, to have asked millions of women worldwide if they treated their husbands well or ill.

I think that you should refrain from discussing things unless you have first-hand knowledge with those subjects. I don't talk about German literature for that very reason, because I haven't read any. The idea of read/listen more and type/say less is a very good savior of personal graces and will serve you into your old age.

And to serve as a parallel posting to IHOP's, My partner's criteria includes but is not limited to:

Love
Tolerance
Fun
Steadfast
Equal
Taste-Tester (when I try a new recipe)
Father
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 11:47PM #12
cultresearcher
[QUOTE=Vojerleda;204814]Cultresearcher,

Beautiful_Dreamer has been nice enough to clearly point out the differences between real women and the nazis that you seem to have imagined. She does this, I think, in hopes that maybe some of this will sink in somewhere, and you'll understand that not only are most women exceedingly tolerant of male, other female, and children's behavior, but so was Christ: he was a gem of tolerance, dude.

Some of his greatest hits:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

"Luke 9:49-50 "...we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbade him, because he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us."

Also, if you can say, as you did, that most of her gender doesn't treat men well, then you must be a Gallup pollster or something, to have asked millions of women worldwide if they treated their husbands well or ill.

I think that you should refrain from discussing things unless you have first-hand knowledge with those subjects. I don't talk about German literature for that very reason, because I haven't read any. The idea of read/listen more and type/say less is a very good savior of personal graces and will serve you into your old age.

And to serve as a parallel posting to IHOP's, My partner's criteria includes but is not limited to:

Love
Tolerance
Fun
Steadfast
Equal
Taste-Tester (when I try a new recipe)
Father[/QUOTE]

I am not tolerant, I love taste testing.  In time I think I would be a good dad in time. I always believe that the man supports the family.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 11:56PM #13
Vojerleda
Ummm.... Like a tailor in the dark who drops his needle, you missed the point.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 12:27AM #14
cultresearcher
[QUOTE=IHOP;204641]Lets see, what do I expect from my man?

Honor,
Fidelity,
Trustworthy,
Trustful
Hardworking,
Honest,
Patient,
Leader,
Protector,
Problem solver,
Bug and rodent squisher;)[/QUOTE]

The bug and rodent thing is all women.   All the workings of a provider to me.  On your list this is what I need work on patient and to the feminists  think I need honor I was taught how to be hardworking as a kid.  I was taught a code as a kid. That code not only included ethics that you listed above.  I was taught the roles of the genders which you gals don't like.  And that was from a woman I will add.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 1:26AM #15
espiritus85
Maybe the problem is the way women are likened to The Church (the body of wretched "sinners"), and men  to God or Jesus in Christian symbolism. I can only assume that this has given people certain impression, and possibly unfortunate ones. Cultresearchers delivered phrase "love one another as I loved you" seems too open to varying interpretations. How is God's love? Given all the the sermons about how love and the truth can hurt, it's rather easy to predict people using this to rationalize any treatment of other people and with a straight face saying it's how they are "supposed" to be.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 8:39AM #16
REteach

cultresearcher wrote:

I am not tolerant at all. It says Love not tolerate.

Then you aren't Christian, are you?

I Corinthians 13:
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 8:42AM #17
REteach

cultresearcher wrote:

First I am glad that you treat your husband good. I can say most of your gender doesn't. Special treatment ( defination) for example swearing if you swear to a woman than men are wrong but it is ok for a woman do do that to a man. Christ is not tolerant Like I aM not. To me if you want to know me, don't hit me with an attitude cause that is what you will get in return. Well some advice quit being a feminist then you won't get hurt by men.

My husband considers himself quite lucky.  I consider myself lucky as well.

Two of my children married last year.  My daughter in law is working on her PhD.  My son couldn't be prouder of her.  My daughter is working on an MA in OT, her husband is very proud of her, too. 

You are losing so much.  Your loss, though.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 11:03AM #18
Beautiful_Dreamer
On IHOP's tip, here are what I expect and want from my man:

Friendship
Caring
Cat Lover (mine is)
To help me with stuff if possible
Consideration
Affection (not necessarily sex)
Fun

And I am usually the bug or spider remover :)

And I have no reason to say anything bad about my husband, brothers, or father. I also have several male friends. They are (in one case, were) good people. Sure, they are not perfect, but I really don't make it a practice to focus on or complain about relatively minor things, and that is what I see all of their issues as. Stuff like not using a glass more than once isn't worth complaining about. There were some things I didn't like in the way my father behaved toward us as kids, but then I can't think of a single kid who likes being punished or yelled at, and in time I got to see how he grew up and that he is completely different from how he was treated as a kid, and on purpose.
More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 11:37AM #19
IreneAdler
I guess it’s simply easier to issue rules, roles and mete out consequences to others than it is to follow them yourself.   It’s also more fun being the ruler and not the ruled over. To me, it’s a control issue.  Question being, why the need for control of others? My not following the rules isn’t going to adversely affect another person’s chance of religious salvation, so why the need to ‘keep me in line’?

Now, what rules/roles do those women follow who do not have husbands, fathers or brothers to give them such things or keep them in line?  I’ve often wondered how that gets resolved.  But then, I am a little rebel- right?  ;)

Irene.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 2:22PM #20
darcamani
I have no husband and have no contact with my family of origin and havn't in over 20 years.
I rebeled completely with what I was taught, broke every rule at least once and if I didn't get caught, more than once.

When I found myself young, in love and in a matirarchal situation, rules and roles were completely different, mostly determined by experience , skill and nessessity, not in that order, and level of sobriety. 

I am still here and now raising men, LOL.

Be afraid...

Dar
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook