Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 5:29PM #1
cultresearcher
I love a woman with identy.  Identy IS DIFFERENT FROM FEMINISM.  Me, I was raised with traditional values.  I know some of my posts did sound anti woman.  Make no mistake about it, I am anti feminist.  I love women.  That last sentence is for those who have said to me in private that I should become gay.  Guess what NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.  Feminism is a demon spirit that is pretty much a thief.  Now, I am a fan of equal opportunity, but the feminists want no authority over them.  Before I continue with my point, I want to say that I am sorry If I sound sexist in my previous posts.  Now to my point, God does everything through an authority system.  Wherever it is there is authority: like courts, the workplace, the home,in government there is always authority.  Patrick henery once said, (as I said in the entertainment forum for jamie lynn spears), "One can not have freedom with out law."  I personally can't stand feminists.  A woman is a wife than a mother in that order not like in society where women get put down for being a wife and a mom.  Any woman who is a stay at home mom like Ihop(btw I like the pancakes)for example will always have my heart felt respect, for the children will be brought up right not becomming gangbangers who shoot up people.  As the bible says,"Raise your children up in the fear and admission of the Lord."  For that alone will keep you from sinning.  Like for example, if you know something is wrong and yet you do it anyway that is sin.
For the guys out there, find a woman who fears the Lord, that is a woman who will be a good helpmate for you.  Women were created to be helpmates not to uproot the men, which is what the feminists want to do.  For the good women out there may My Father bless you and your children.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 5:29PM #2
cultresearcher
I love a woman with identy.  Identy IS DIFFERENT FROM FEMINISM.  Me, I was raised with traditional values.  I know some of my posts did sound anti woman.  Make no mistake about it, I am anti feminist.  I love women.  That last sentence is for those who have said to me in private that I should become gay.  Guess what NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.  Feminism is a demon spirit that is pretty much a thief.  Now, I am a fan of equal opportunity, but the feminists want no authority over them.  Before I continue with my point, I want to say that I am sorry If I sound sexist in my previous posts.  Now to my point, God does everything through an authority system.  Wherever it is there is authority: like courts, the workplace, the home,in government there is always authority.  Patrick henery once said, (as I said in the entertainment forum for jamie lynn spears), "One can not have freedom with out law."  I personally can't stand feminists.  A woman is a wife than a mother in that order not like in society where women get put down for being a wife and a mom.  Any woman who is a stay at home mom like Ihop(btw I like the pancakes)for example will always have my heart felt respect, for the children will be brought up right not becomming gangbangers who shoot up people.  As the bible says,"Raise your children up in the fear and admission of the Lord."  For that alone will keep you from sinning.  Like for example, if you know something is wrong and yet you do it anyway that is sin.
For the guys out there, find a woman who fears the Lord, that is a woman who will be a good helpmate for you.  Women were created to be helpmates not to uproot the men, which is what the feminists want to do.  For the good women out there may My Father bless you and your children.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 6:18PM #3
darcamani
CR;
I couldn't wait!

I am a stay at home mom!  I am single and run my business from home, when my sons visit their dad on the weekends I manage the actual events, ( I am still a chef ).

My children are respectful and active, playful and champion chess players in their division, have great friends, donate their time  and energy  at our church for the homeless, make care packages for a near by shelter that houses men with families too, and volunteer at an animal rescue shelter  in the spring,
When that stint is over they work in the fields of a local organic farm.
They work along side all kinds of folk and although many languages are spoken and alliances made out there, nothing close to gang banging there.

Then it is home work, play and sometimes working with me.   

Their dad is a single parent too  and gay as well.   He is also a feminist although that is not a requirement for lesbians or gay men,  He is also an engineer and nearing 60.   
He is secure enough in his masculinity to not only co- parent with me but even handle the pta meetings I am often missing because of my hours, and he takes the boys to school almost every morning.

We do not live together, so he has to drive out of his way to say hi to the boys each day before work.

Feminism gave him this freedom to be that sappy and loving with  his kids.  he makes the time, because he knows real men CAN!

Your general assumptions about single parents, feminism in general and women in general saddens me.

It is simply so ignorant.

In no way does my feminism uproot any males from any thing. 
And fearing the lord sounds AWFUL!

I prefer a loving secure deity not threatened by my humanity, as well as my earthbound friends, who journey with me .

As far as you vehemently shouting you are not gay, shout louder, you are practically screaming.
I have a fire extinguisher at the ready sir!

But if you are not, it is just... well... gay men can get away with a litle sexist misogynest stuff sort of, as well as lesbians after all we "hate " the opposite gender and all...

Straight men that are even remotely close to what you portray as an example of MALE ness. Spend a great deal of time alone.

I did not fill out the poll.

I am not hebrew, nor christian and am all the things you fear and ... so are my sons, they have not reached puberty yet and  are not threatened by strong individuals. They know it takes more than gender and a mistranslated bunch of books to make a fully developed healthy ,well rounded person.

They already hold the knowledge and power you are struggling to possess, even though you all ready have it and are to busy building strong holds of ignorance to protect you from enlightenment?

Oh well.

I know you did not want to hear from me.

My computer does not discrriminate based upon gender, politics or whether I care about some confused ignorant boy.

Dar
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 6:43PM #4
Beautiful_Dreamer
I didn't really have a response from the opening post, because the complete ignorance and posturing is absolutely staggering. The only thing I have to ask is, which church fed you that line of crap, and where is it located so I can run screaming?

Every opinion  you have mentioned here sounds as though it was fed to you somewhere and parroted back almost verbatim. Someone obviously did not teach you what you really need to know to be a man, because real men don't need to put women down to feel complete or respect themselves. You, obviously, do.

I don't think you are going to find the submissive superwoman you want, and if you do, she will probably be the most miserable person in the world. I have been in churches where they had a certain idea about how all women should be and tried to make me into that. I listened to what they said, and they believed that if I were really close enough to God or out of Satan's grasp, that I would fit the monolithic image they saw for me. I seriously thought God hated me for being the way that I am. And I know from talking to others with similar pasts that I am not alone in this. Not that I look down on housewives and mothers, but I tried to make myself fit that mold and I was absolutely miserable. I think that any time you try to make yourself fit into a hole God did not make you for, nothing good can come of it.

I have known women who were happy being wives and mothers. And I love being married myself. I just do not think that there is a one-size-fits-all mold that we all should fit into. My mother had worked outside the home ever since she was about 11, and she actually got depressed staying home alone all the time. I have heard people say horrible things about her for this, but she was the most loving woman you could possibly imagine, and a wonderful mother. If you met her and saw how she lived and treated other people, there would be *no doubt* in your mind that she knew Jesus. I would rather be like her and work outside the home than be what some ambiguous man in a pulpit says I should be that I am clearly not suited for. 

I say ambiguous man because God did not say that. The Proverbs 31 woman was a bit of everything, and that is what a lot of us are as well. And yet you seem to tell us we are doing the wrong thing, when it was the Proverbs 31 woman who was held up as the example. I think you need to grow up and get out of your own little circle before you can even think about telling anyone else how to be.

You can call me deceived or rebellious or uppity or whatever all you want; I have heard it all. I just refuse to try to make myself into something I am not ever going to be just to please you or anyone else. And I am blessed to have found my husband who does not expect me to.
More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 7:06PM #5
cultresearcher
[QUOTE=Beautiful_Dreamer;204101]I didn't really have a response from the opening post, because the complete ignorance and posturing is absolutely staggering. The only thing I have to ask is, which church fed you that line of crap, and where is it located so I can run screaming?

Every opinion  you have mentioned here sounds as though it was fed to you somewhere and parroted back almost verbatim. Someone obviously did not teach you what you really need to know to be a man, because real men don't need to put women down to feel complete or respect themselves. You, obviously, do.

I don't think you are going to find the submissive superwoman you want, and if you do, she will probably be the most miserable person in the world. I have been in churches where they had a certain idea about how all women should be and tried to make me into that. I listened to what they said, and they believed that if I were really close enough to God or out of Satan's grasp, that I would fit the monolithic image they saw for me. I seriously thought God hated me for being the way that I am. And I know from talking to others with similar pasts that I am not alone in this. Not that I look down on housewives and mothers, but I tried to make myself fit that mold and I was absolutely miserable. I think that any time you try to make yourself fit into a hole God did not make you for, nothing good can come of it.

I have known women who were happy being wives and mothers. And I love being married myself. I just do not think that there is a one-size-fits-all mold that we all should fit into. My mother had worked outside the home ever since she was about 11, and she actually got depressed staying home alone all the time. I have heard people say horrible things about her for this, but she was the most loving woman you could possibly imagine, and a wonderful mother. If you met her and saw how she lived and treated other people, there would be *no doubt* in your mind that she knew Jesus. I would rather be like her and work outside the home than be what some ambiguous man in a pulpit says I should be that I am clearly not suited for. 

I say ambiguous man because God did not say that. The Proverbs 31 woman was a bit of everything, and that is what a lot of us are as well. And yet you seem to tell us we are doing the wrong thing, when it was the Proverbs 31 woman who was held up as the example. I think you need to grow up and get out of your own little circle before you can even think about telling anyone else how to be.

You can call me deceived or rebellious or uppity or whatever all you want; I have heard it all. I just refuse to try to make myself into something I am not ever going to be just to please you or anyone else. And I am blessed to have found my husband who does not expect me to.[/QUOTE]

First, congrats on your marriage.  Are you a newlywed?  I don't know if you believe in the bible or not,but if you do look at eph ch6.  IT was not fed to me by some church.  A feminist is one who will put career ahead of family.  FTR my father bailed when I was 15.  What I learned was from a hubby and wife who were married for 52 years until albert died from cancer in 1998.  Did his wife have a job yes but her job was behind her family and the lord.  She had to work when he became ill from brain cancer.  She let her family know that She loved them not her job.  That is the only thing I am trying to say.  I never meant to imply that a woman can't work.  The only thing THat I am implying is that the family comes first not career.  I resent the women who put down stay at home moms, I am that way. 
Now albert and lucy lived the life I want.  She went to work after al became sick.  Did they have kids yes 3 boys 16,13,and 12.  Al provided for his family,  He didn't expect his wife to work while he sat in his lazy boy and watch the grass grow.  That was the only man that I ever saw who died with a smile on his face.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 7:38PM #6
PaulaEdwina
Oh, so you don't know what it is to be a man because the person who was supposed to be your role model left you. Huh. No wonder you're confused. And you probably blame your mother for your father leaving so no wonder you fear/despise women.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 8:01PM #7
The_Maven
I didn't answer your poll because it shows considerable ignorance of the Bible and I found such ignorance offensive as a Christian. 

The Bible calls certain behaviors "abomination."  When it comes to homosexuality, the most you might wish to imply is that anal sex in some circumstances in an abomination.  If you are trying to stretch this to a condemnation of all homosexuality, you are rewriting the Bible to suit your personal prejudice.  Many of us Christians find such misuse of the Bible for personal reasons to be offensive.

Abomination is a translation of a Hebrew word "toe'vah."  There are over 40 words for "sin" in the Old Testament and this is not one of them.  Yet you have lumped them with blasphemy of the Holy Spirit which is an unforgivable sin in with abominations.   I might argue that your making this connection borders on such blasphemy. 

If you expect to attract a Christian woman, I suggest you spend a lot more time studying the Bible.   I don't know of any Christian women who would want a man who doesn't have far more familiarity with scripture.

[QUOTE=cultresearcher;204162]  A feminist is one who will put career ahead of family.[/quote]

I'd say that anyone – male or female – who puts career ahead of family has a problem with priorities.   

I know a number of women who consider themselves feminists (and fit the dictionary definition), but none put their career ahead of their family. 

I suggest that you either use the dictionary definition of terms or announce that you will be making up your own personal definitions, so that people realize that when debating you.

[QUOTE=cultresearcher;204162]FTR my father bailed when I was 15.[/quote]

How sad for you.

[QUOTE=cultresearcher;204162]I resent the women who put down stay at home moms, I am that way.[/quote]

Do you also reset men who put down stay at home men?  Or don't you think that fathers are important for children?  Are fathers just inferior when it comes to raising children?  Are men only to be valued for their ability to earn a paycheck and support a family?  If so, a man who goes on disability no longer has value.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 8:13PM #8
cultresearcher
[QUOTE=The_Maven;204292]I didn't answer your poll because it shows considerable ignorance of the Bible and I found such ignorance offensive as a Christian. 

The Bible calls certain behaviors "abomination."  When it comes to homosexuality, the most you might wish to imply is that anal sex in some circumstances in an abomination.  If you are trying to stretch this to a condemnation of all homosexuality, you are rewriting the Bible to suit your personal prejudice.  Many of us Christians find such misuse of the Bible for personal reasons to be offensive.

Abomination is a translation of a Hebrew word "toe'vah."  There are over 40 words for "sin" in the Old Testament and this is not one of them.  Yet you have lumped them with blasphemy of the Holy Spirit which is an unforgivable sin in with abominations.   I might argue that your making this connection borders on such blasphemy. 

If you expect to attract a Christian woman, I suggest you spend a lot more time studying the Bible.   I don't know of any Christian women who would want a man who doesn't have far more familiarity with scripture.

I'd say that anyone – male or female – who puts career ahead of family has a problem with priorities.   

I know a number of women who consider themselves feminists (and fit the dictionary definition), but none put their career ahead of their family. 

I suggest that you either use the dictionary definition of terms or announce that you will be making up your own personal definitions, so that people realize that when debating you.

How sad for you.

Do you also reset men who put down stay at home men?  Or don't you think that fathers are important for children?  Are fathers just inferior when it comes to raising children?  Are men only to be valued for their ability to earn a paycheck and support a family?  If so, a man who goes on disability no longer has value.[/QUOTE]
No, he is in charge of the family ( eph ch.6) Yeah I grew up with out a father but I will say this, I may be weak in areas but I am stronger for it.  I only put in the blasaphamy of the holy spirit is because God said never to do IT and you are correct that is the unforgivable sin.  But to attack me is wrong.  Now I don't have a bible degree, But I know it is a book of concepts.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 8:14PM #9
darcamani
CR; 
" a feminist will  put career ahead of family",   that is simply not true.

Feminism opened up the doors to family life to men who finally can take time off to handle a snow day or doc. apt. when the kids are sick, or stay at home on paternity leave during those first precious weeks where real bonding takes place.
Feminism gave birth to flex -time and play dates that help   parents manage  working , pursuing education/career  and still enjoy being parents.

Feminism allows me to manage my family and career.  I am happy to say through out my parenthood with feminism guiding sick leave and maternity leave and other parenting needs,  I have been most fortunate and my kids have hade  a full dose  and then some of caring and attention.
And still do.

If I have a big job coming up and one of my kids needs me... my child comes first.

Feminism empowers me to be able to say  "No I can't do ...  I must take care of family first..."

Before feminism using family as an excuse a need for time off ... well, in my business,  one did not .

My family does not suffer from feminism, it does suffer from archaic sexist attitudes driven by idealistic youth that  know little of reality.

Y'all can get down right violent in words and deeds trying to prove how manly you think you are .

I know you don't want to hear from me, oh well, you have met  a pagan,  feminist ,lesbian, single mother, educated fellow traveler  on spaceship earth . :)  Now that you have met  one, uh dare I hope you may think differently?

about, lesbians, men, families, single mothers, educated women, professionals, children, and others that dare to live their truth?

I think you fit in one of those categories, if you know yourself do you not wish to understand and be understood as who you really are and not who you really hate?

Or chose to despise?

Those you hate, fear and irritate you the most tend to contain the same traits you have.  The ones you dislike within yourself.

So Look in the mirror. What you despise, hate, fear are all looking back at you .
Or , on the other hand what you secretly desire for yourself. you want to be a stay at home parent and have someone take care of you and YOu want to be "the little woman".

Where your only responsibilities ( or so you think ), are offering a good F*&^%!  a cold beer, and dinner , and sence you don't "do " children , while your man is off working to pay the bills you sit and wait for his return, relaxing on the couch eating bon bons and masturbating.

**Shrugs**

Dar
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 8:14PM #10
cultresearcher
[QUOTE=PaulaEdwina;204234]Oh, so you don't know what it is to be a man because the person who was supposed to be your role model left you. Huh. No wonder you're confused. And you probably blame your mother for your father leaving so no wonder you fear/despise women.[/QUOTE]

What my father did was wrong.  No I don't hate my mother. She is the one who brought me up with tradidtional values.  Things that women in this generation are lacking.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook