Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Eureka Springs Arkansas and the Hatred Community
7 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 7:44PM #1
robinsgarret
Happy New Year... the Hatred Community and one of its primier mouthpieces, the American "Family" Association are at it again.

They are promoting a new film called "They Are Coming to Your Town"... this film is about Eureka Springs, Arkansas and the gay people in it.  The Hatred Community wants them run out of town, and by the title of the film... us all out of all our towns.

Here is the propaganda on the film:

"Residents of the small Arkansas town of Eureka Springs noticed the homosexual community was growing.  But they felt no threat.  They went about their business as usual.  Then, one day, they woke up to discover that their beloved Eureka Springs, a community which was known far and wide as a center for Christian entertainment--had changed.  The City Council had been taken over by a small group of homosexual activists.

The Eureka Springs they knew is gone.  It is now a national hub for homosexuals.  Eureka Springs is becoming the San Francisco of Arkansas. The story of how this happened is told in the new AFA DVD “They’re Coming To Your Town.” ...

AFA’s “They’re Coming ToYour Town” documents the story of how and why this happened. And how homosexual activists plan to do the same in other towns."      American Family Association website

Here is Wikipedia's description of the town:

"Eureka Springs has a unique eclectic mix of people and lifestyles. The city is proud of its reputation as a safe haven for artists and intellectuals. It was home to WPA-era muralist Louis Freund (one of his murals may still be viewed at the Bank of Eureka Springs), jeweler Elsa Freund (named one of the foremost jewelry designers of the 1950's), novelist Constance Wagner, painter Tommy Thomas, and many others. Later, culinary writer and children's book author Crescent Dragonwagon, dubbed by USA Today "the most interesting person in Eureka Springs", made her home there for 33 years. With her late husband Ned Shank, she co-founded both the first bed-and-breakfast inn in the town, Dairy Hollow House, and later the non-profit Writer's Colony at Dairy Hollow.

Yet the town has also remained a premier destination for religious tourists visiting various Christian-themed attractions, including the Little Portion Hermitage[1], founded by prominent Christian musician John Michael Talbot[2].

Visitors to Eureka Springs can expect to see hippies, artists, bikers, local residents, preachers, a very large gay and lesbian population and UFO enthusiasts all pursuing their divergent interests in the same place. They might well run into the town's former mayor, Richard Schoeninger, who caused a stir by posing nude in the Arkansas Times in 1984."

Oh... and what was the GREAT and horrible thing that "homosexual activists" did to inspire The Hatred Community to call for our removal from ALL towns?

They started a Domestic Partner REGISTRY.    On the day it started, eleven couples--10 gay or lesbian and one straight--had their relationships officially recognized by the city. Each couple paid $35  and swore they were in a relationship of mutual support, caring and commitment.

That's it.

That is what has inspired the Hatred Community to pull out its pitch forks and broomsticks and campaign to have us driven from all small towns, far and wide.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 7:49PM #2
REteach
Gee, Rob, people like you are so, well, different, in a way just like, well, me, for example. 

It isn't fair, but you are making things better for today's kids, just like the suffragettes made life better for me.  They are fighting a losing battle, and they are all the more desperate because they know it.

((Rob))
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 8:56AM #3
xequar
Ah, the AFA...  They'd be downright f---ing hilarious if they weren't trampling me and relegating me to second-class citizenship at the same time.  Bastards.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 8:56AM #4
xequar
Ah, the AFA...  They'd be downright f---ing hilarious if they weren't trampling me and relegating me to second-class citizenship at the same time.  Bastards.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 3:49PM #5
Do_unto_others
It will be interesting if the gay people there start all the renovations etc. and the property values soar. What a welcoming place it sounds like. I'm sure most thinking adults (yeah, I know, that sure cuts out  a fair chunk of heterosexual America) will realize that it will be a terrific place to live and that the AFA are up to no more than their usual lyin' ways.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 7:02PM #6
Atrus89
Hmm. The angst runs strong in this thread.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 8:16PM #7
robinsgarret
[QUOTE=Atrus89;185355]Hmm. The angst runs strong in this thread.[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Thanks Atrus for yet another "substance heavy" post. 

Good defense for a used-kleenex piece of propaganda.   Did you "tsk tsk" or "hurumph" as you typed?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 9:15PM #8
Atrus89
Your welcome. To your question, yes.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2008 - 12:55AM #9
The_Maven
The AFA is reporting that many Christians will refuse to attend the Passion Play and other Christian sites in the town in protest.  However, this action will only hurt their fellow conservative Christians and impact conservative Christian owned businesses.  Gay tourists (and liberal tourists) will continue to visit Eureka Springs and support businesses that cater to them.

I wonder if people think about these boycotts in realistic terms and think about who might actually be impacted.

For instance, the AFA has been touting their boycott of Ford (for being gay supportive in their advertising) for some time and heralding the decrease in sales without comprehending that families are losing their livelihood, primarily in the conservative Midwest, as a result of these declining sales. 

Apparently, the welfare of flesh and blood conservative Christian families is less important than the idea of "punshising" a company for "supporting" gays. 

I really doubt that anyone has stopped having gay sex because any of these boycotts.  So, the end result is that people who have invested their retirement income in a company or are trying to support their families suffer, but not much else is accomplished.

Is the suffering of retirees and working people something Christians should herald?  If this is the best way that the AFA can think to support families, conservative Christians are in serious trouble.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2008 - 8:46AM #10
REteach
I suppose I should apologize for my state for it's support of Huckabee...
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook