Page 6 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View "Real Men" vs "Real Women"
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 11:14AM #51
Beautiful_Dreamer

cultresearcher wrote:

That is not what I asked. I asked How did you make time for you and your husband. I didn't ask anything about the kids. Btw I am older than your "baby". Sacrifing your relationship can be marriage ending according to Pastor John HAgee and Pastor Casey Treat.

considering that RE has been married probably longer than you have been alive, I think she and her husband found a way to make it work.

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 6:18PM #52
cultresearcher
[QUOTE=Beautiful_Dreamer;205647]considering that RE has been married probably longer than you have been alive, I think she and her husband found a way to make it work.[/QUOTE]
Read what I wrote on my new thread, Feminism.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 6:23PM #53
cultresearcher
[QUOTE=REteach;205288]ROTFLMAO!!!

In May we willl have been married 30 years, and you won't find a happier married couple anywhere.  You should be taking lessons from me instead of trying to offer advice.

And our sex life is fantastic still, too.[/QUOTE]

AND OUR SEX LIFE IS FANTASTIC STILL TOO.
I really didn't need to know that.  That is an overshare.  Congrats on being married 30 years.  I am surprised you or your husband don't have gray hair yet. lol
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 6:41PM #54
Beautiful_Dreamer

cultresearcher wrote:

AND OUR SEX LIFE IS FANTASTIC STILL TOO.
I really didn't need to know that. That is an overshare. Congrats on being married 30 years. I am surprised you or your husband don't have gray hair yet. lol

(tangent)
I am only 30, and I have had gray hairs since I was 18. But since my hair is dark, it looks silvery and I actually like it, to a point.  My aunt was completely gray by the time she was my age, and it looks really good on her.

One guy heard of how much gray I had at a young age and told me that it had to be a man who gave them to me, and that I should make that man pay for the hair dye. :)
(/tangent)

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 6:46PM #55
cultresearcher
[QUOTE=Beautiful_Dreamer;206949](tangent)
I am only 30, and I have had gray hairs since I was 18. But since my hair is dark, it looks silvery and I actually like it, to a point.  My aunt was completely gray by the time she was my age, and it looks really good on her.

One guy heard of how much gray I had at a young age and told me that it had to be a man who gave them to me, and that I should make that man pay for the hair dye. :)
(/tangent)[/QUOTE]

Did you read what I posted  to you in my feminism thread???
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 7:20PM #56
Beautiful_Dreamer
[QUOTE=cultresearcher;206961]Did you read what I posted  to you in my feminism thread???[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I responded. Thank you.

Writing I get paid to do

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 8:36PM #57
cultresearcher
[QUOTE=Beautiful_Dreamer;207020]Yes, and I responded. Thank you.[/QUOTE]
I am leaving a private email to you dreamer:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 12:18AM #58
Myce
[QUOTE=cultresearcher;204370] Sacrifing your relationship can be marriage ending according to Pastor John HAgee and Pastor Casey Treat.[/QUOTE]

I don't know who these pastors are.  But I have a concern about this because I have seen similar advice coming from very bad sources, self-proclaimed Godly Christian "experts"  who have given all kinds of terrible advice about children and family.  They don't call it abuse, but everyone else does.  For example, babies have been hospitalized, literally starving to death, because some "expert" said that tiny babies are being "manipulative" when they cry. 

The moral of the story is, use your head.   Listen to those whose advice you value, but don't follow some advice just because the one giving it claims to be an authority figure or expert or holy man.  They don't live in your house.  They don't care about you or your family.  They aren't the ones who have to live with the consequences of your actions.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 12:36AM #59
Beautiful_Dreamer

Myce wrote:

I don't know who these pastors are. But I have a concern about this because I have seen similar advice coming from very bad sources, self-proclaimed Godly Christian "experts" who have given all kinds of terrible advice about children and family. They don't call it abuse, but everyone else does. For example, babies have been hospitalized, literally starving to death, because some "expert" said that tiny babies are being "manipulative" when they cry.

The moral of the story is, use your head. Listen to those whose advice you value, but don't follow some advice just because the one giving it claims to be an authority figure or expert or holy man. They don't live in your house. They don't care about you or your family. They aren't the ones who have to live with the consequences of your actions.

I don't know who those pastors are either, but I tend to be skeptical of 'advice' from a self-proclaimed 'expert' given as though it were a one-size-fits-all prescription. This might not be how these particular pastors come off, but I have seen many who do come off that way. They expect you to take their word for it because of their status as pastor or self-help guru or shaman or whatever. Or other people expect you to take their word for it because they have been 'endorsed' by their church or something.  I am sort of a cynic, though, so perhaps I am too quick to dismiss advice from some people.

You really do have to take any and all advice on a 'take it or leave it' basis.  If it works for you, great, but if not, don't let anyone make you feel bad for not taking it. They might know a lot about some things, but you are the one who has to live with your choices and your situation. You have to take care of yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.

Writing I get paid to do

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2008 - 5:29PM #60
hm2menger
Cultresearcher, I said I wasn't going to talk to you anymore, but I've decided to give it one more try. I'm going to try to keep it civil, and reduce the tension a bit.

As I understand it from various posts around the board, you are a young (25) Christian man, you have had some traumatic experiences where you feel women have treated you badly, and you are dedicated to your own idea of sex roles. Is that a fair statement of facts?

Now you have also alluded to being a "loner" and not being entirely happy with that situation. You have also mentioned researching for a book on "Understanding a woman's mind"

I am a very different person than you, and on some things we're just not going to agree. I would like, even so, to offer you a little help. If you're going to understand someone else's mind, you need first to listen to what they say, and not to interrupt them to tell them how they are wrong and should think and live by your rules. Now perhaps you firmly believe they should, and maybe you're even right, but you aren't going to convince people with insults or loud pronouncements of their "errors".

Also I encourage you in the words of Oliver Cromwell “I beseech you in the bowels of Christ think it possible you may be mistaken.”. It is so often easier to claim the whole world is wrong and cling to the very thing that deepens your own misery, I know this from bitter personal experience. A more recent quote that helps me often in this regard comes from Dr Phil, "How's that working for you?"

And that's really the point, how is your life working? Are you a person that inspires other people to follow your example, that others enjoy being around? Do you see your faith as a way to bring peace and love to the world, or a way to control it and banish fear? The world is a very big place, with so many different ideas and ways of being and doing that trying to force everyone into a box that makes you more comfortable is a very tall order indeed, especially when they do not wish to go, and trust me they never will. It may not be easy to accept people as they are (I struggle with it every day), but it is much easier to change yourself than to change the whole world.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook