Page 55 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 62 Next
3 years ago  ::  May 25, 2011 - 3:43PM #541
darcamani2

Hi all,

Finally moved and am still unpacking,  had to change my everything including my avatar which I need my son to help me with...the home fires are still burning though so even if this appears to be my first post.I have been here for years and everyone is welcome.

It is my first home tho, and living as a family of 4 is taking some adjustment.  We are on our second official day together. 

G.L. has a sprained ankle and is able to work from home , Amani has strep throat, and Donovan is almost 15, I need a hug.  

I did break out the grill tho and we had some peace for about a half hour. 

Until  I dang near burned the chicken, think about 750 degrees, flames and 1 boy asking wear the burger is, yes I left the fire and not so gently pointed out where the beef was...

My gay agenda involves stress reduction, and enoying my new home, does that mean I have to live with people? 

Don't answer that.

:)

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 25, 2011 - 4:31PM #542
mainecaptain

Oh Dar, :))

Thinking healing vibes for your beloved's ankle. And congratulations on your new home

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 26, 2011 - 7:51AM #543
REteach

(((Dar)))

They do grow up, don't they?  I have a second grandchild due next month and tomorrow we head down to see the daughter who is due in September.  It's fun.  :)

Glad to hear your home is coming together. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 26, 2011 - 5:15PM #544
darcamani

((Thanks all)) Moving is stressful, but most everything is unpacked and in a place where someone might find it.

Might not be looking for whatever "it" is yet once "it" is found it gets a spot.

Kitchen is set up and running and patio has grill, table and I can't find...

G.L. is improving, son with strep has fully recovered and I think boxes are furniture, you know avante garde. My mate does not agree.

((RE)) congrats again!  I am giving my boys condoms and you are getting grand kids.  LOL!

((MC)) back at ya, we are going to have a whatever it is called as soon as we can find everything and meet with my therapist who is very funny, mow the lawn and have something to sit on that matches something, anything.  

Like socks.

Homefires are still burning, can't find the matches...I will use the stove.  

Got roasted peppers and have now idea what to do with them right this minute can't find...........y'all are welcome , help yourselves.

Bette, if you are our there this a pantry from heaven.   Hope to hear from you soon.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 27, 2011 - 10:48AM #545
darcamani

Hi again;

I changed my avatar, this is my cat Squirt, she falls asleep on her head and is very cute she has been the best at coping with our new home. Only ran away 3 times... always  came back to new home tho and I met our sorounding neighbors to let them know Squirt is a feline Supercat leaping tall buildings in a single bound.  The rest of us need therapy...

I am glad spring is here and everything is blooming and fresh, have a lovely rose bush and assorted flowers of assorted kinds  all over the place, so our new back yard is bursting with color. 

And to G.L's thrill of the week, compost bin has been established and a recycling system  for everyone and thing has been activated. Whew! 

How does one reduce, reuse and recycle teens?  Anyway I digress.

She can't wait to put in a small garden, yet for now we are taking advantage of a local farmer and had fresh strawberries and greens for dinner last night.

(((to all)))

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2011 - 3:52PM #546
darcamani

Patio is all set and am grillin' .

G.L has veggie garden, edible flower garden  and herb garden in. Wow!  I only know  the tomatoes and herbs, and  the flowers are very pretty. :)  We got blue ones, and pink ones and orange ones and I think we have climbing black eyed susans!  I know that one.

And cacti. Everywhere.   

We also have critters that nibble on these beauties. 

When I was a young one  my great grandmother set me out with a gun to scare the critters and protect the garden.  Can't do that here.   Darn.

I have bbq chicken and mac salad happening.  Better get here first because my teen boys will eat everything in seconds! 

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2011 - 9:23AM #547
darcamani

I managed to live 48 years with out ever going into a Home Depot or Lowes, until 3 weeks ago.  G.L has become a pro, and then the garden  shops!  Also never on my to do list. 

The things one learns rapidly when one moves into a blended home!  The flower garden surrounds the patio and potted plants are everywhere.  I found a Better Homes and gardens in the bathroom...and an Ikea cat. parked alarmingly close to the computer, with dog eared corners. 

I have never owned patio furniture,  now we have a full set up complete with umbrella.  WoW!  Cave dyke enters civilization, very gently.   I suddenly own cloth napkins that match, each other!  G.L made me in charge of decorating the inside of our new home,(giggle)  while she and the boys do the outside.  We blended the kitchen, LOL, had to lable everything!

Anyway, I still have home fires burnin' and the grill is up and running for our first garden party.

It is happening this weekend.  I haven't decided on a menu yet, I do know it will reflect our mixed cultures and will be very tasty and colorful. 

I think G.L is going to do curried crab, and I may do it Maryland style.  Probably lots of food on sticks.  Jump on in.

This is very fun and exciting, and even the boys are getting into the whole "lets build a home" notion.  Just in time for summer break. :) I got them for 2 months so they have time to settle in and design their own rooms too. And learn how to fix things and put things together, and sweep the floor...

Can Y'all tell I am happy. :)

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2011 - 7:55PM #548
REteach

New grandson at 4:20 weighing 7-15.  Whoowhoo!  :)

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2011 - 10:32PM #549
BetteTheRedde

Congrats, RE. Enjoy that lovely baby smell. Nice size.

Lovely to hear your voice tonight, {{{Dar}}}. The garden sounds lovely, as does the house.

"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

Alan Barth, New York Times, November 26, 1961
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 10:02AM #550
darcamani2

((RE))!!! Yea, happy and that new baby smell, yep,  healthy and happy and has a grnma like you. :)

((Bette)) It was great hearing you too, can't wait to show off my sons, those 2 are a full head taller than me now, the whole works.

I am so glad Hippie is considering visiting the swamp.  We actually have a spare room that is not afloat. :)

You will love the kitchen and the garden is really beautiful, certain it will change yet remain beautiful. G.L. loves it and really relaxes into the whole thing, and we all get the beauty, her poetry in motion.  

Gosh can I get mushy or what?

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 55 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 62 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook