Page 53 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 62 Next
4 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2011 - 11:41AM #521
REteach
Awesome Dar!  Almost to train station!
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2011 - 12:23PM #522
darcamani

Thanks all. :)

I am very excited.  The kitchen and dining room is open and has a built in breakfast bar.  Perfect for sharing conversation, great food and wine and culture. 

We spend most of our waking hours in the kitchen so I can assure you we will spend a great deal of thought , time and energy on making it a  warm,welcoming place to BE.

Combining all our "stuff" will be very interesting and fun.  East will meet west big time.  My sons are a little concerned as they have not eaten much of G.Ls' cooking yet. As they are with their dad most weekends, and I cook during the week all of the time, as G.L is rarely with us during the week.

This will be a changin'.  :)

G.L is an excellent cook, and her specialties are curries, stir fries, dumplings; Pan Asian cuisine. Her sauces are amazing and she can bake anything. 

My feet have not touched the ground in a few years, and I am loving it all.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2011 - 3:45PM #523
Yavanna

Anyone ever have to deal with a lot of gossip (about your sexual identity/orientation) at work? I'm sure the answer is yes, but I'd love to hear about it.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2011 - 4:40PM #524
darcamani

((Yavanna));

I do not remember a time when  gossip and wonder did not follow me, in work, church, even the grocery store.  Always about my gender and orientation, the hows, whys and what on earths... some have been brave enough to ask me out right.  Few received a straight answer.:)

It has been funny and not so funny.  All outrageous. 

I am 2 spirit, I am easily both at any moment.  I do not have to work at it.  I can grow a full mustache and look like a little  french guy and be very "gay" which scares folk and I am also a rather little butch dyke. I get sir and ma'amed and settle with Chef.

Some folk have the need to ask me if I am David or Dee. As my card simply says D's. ... people ask me who is David and which one is D.  I have no idea who invented David, was not me.  People make up their own stories.  However, David fits sometimes.

People ask me all the time who I am seeing if I show up some where with women or men or kids!

Most in my church community understand I am a lesbian, very liberal, but, ignorance is not bliss.

I introduced my real life mate to a crowd as my "partner" and folk thought we are a new law firm.

Then the real gossip started.   I apparently have had more sex  with many women than I can even count and polyamourous.   Not true, but I some how got that rep.  Shrug. 

The mystery of my children, always a topic, how could I carry them to term when I am a gay  guy? And I have a white kid and a black one, no they are not goats nor adopted.

Yes, These bits have reached me and my kids.

I am nearing 50 and this stuff no longer bothers me, it does leave  my mate a little unsettled, a cultural thing, asian and lesbian apparently there are only 3 Not really, but...some have asked if she is a masseuse.

No, she is a regulatory scientist. Last I checked she is female with a butch streak.  Latest gossip that I heard is she is a male gold digger after a crossdressing lesbian chef  named David.  That coming from a newbie from my church trying to figure out who the chef was. LOL!

That one is rich!.

Humor works here, Yavanna.

I have thousands of examples, these are only a few.

Dar, short for Darlene, my real name.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 7:37AM #525
darcamani

Now the home fires are shifting and G.L and me are talking about my stuff and her stuff and where it is all gonna go.

:)

Very funny.  We agree on a color scheme, white. (not really) :) We agree that we want color, culture, diversity and conversation and providing a welcoming home. 

This requires negotiations that a UN ambassador may take on... Not really, we are having wonderful conversations, packing up and donating stuff and simplifying big time.

Right now we are working on our fridges, and freezers and pantries, goodness! my dear sister leo Canuck Bette knows how much fun my pantry is and will be here to help eat this stuff! Or better, take some if it home.

Right now I am in the anything open, eat mode. No opening new jars/cans ..

So I will start with veggie soup.

and bread.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 6:29PM #526
mainecaptain

I want details of Bette visit, I want to enjoy it vicariously :))

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 7:38PM #527
REteach

Yay, dar!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2011 - 9:47AM #528
darcamani

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2011 - 12:19PM #529
darcamani

Ooops. :)

I am excited to see Bette.  Have a full 'fridge and pantry of all kinds of stuff, gotta clean out the works, I have enough stuff to feed the neighborhood.  Hers , mine and anyone else. 

Even now have a veggie soup that contains almost everything green leftover from the weekend. :) 

Bette, hope you are up to cookin'. :)

maine captain, worry not, I am certain recipes and adventures will be shared.

We haven't seen each other in 2 years, she was the first to know about G.L.  G.L and I dated a full year before we officially "came out."

I remember we all went to a gay pride picnic sponsered by my church, every one thought Bette was my lover, LOL, not so.   It was and is  G.L and some are still surprised.  :)

So much to share.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2011 - 6:44PM #530
BetteTheRedde

Arrived safely at Dar's after a long, but interesting drive (tried a new route - successfully, avoiding ALL tolls and easy enough that I only got turned around once).

We are having a wonderful time, cooking and yacking and catching up. Last night's dinner was stuffed poblanoes, re-fried beans and a mesclun salad. Dessert was a rather wonderful invention that involved phyllo pastry, organic cream cheese and an apple pear compote. We'd love some help thinking of a name for it - it's very tasty. Today, we've largely nibbled and shopped for more food. Dar is NOT very good at emptying fridges - she just keeps finding new things to combine with existing things.

I will have to get busy figuring out how to slip plants over the border. ;-)

"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

Alan Barth, New York Times, November 26, 1961
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 53 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 62 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook