Page 59 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next
2 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2012 - 2:14PM #581
darcamani

Wow! Has it been 3 whole months? 

Home fires are still burning, I simply have been tending those fires and having a whole bunch of fun living the "gay lifestyle". LOL!

Yep, I have been domesticated. 

Lesbian household with 2 teenage sons. 

1 is girl crazy, and all I am able to offer is, girls are wild and please know they grow up to be women, be afraid, be very afraid. :) .  And may be a jr. republican...

The other is a certified self proclaimed computer geek.  Both are really cool kids and I do have my hands full.

Both have their own box of condoms. 

My sweet G.L. and I are learning to live together, both being very independent for at least 15 years each. 

She is pragmatic, I am romantic. 

She can rant about chemicals, politics, global warming, clean the fridge and eat anything while ironing all before 7 a. m. 

Me?   I listen, feed the cat, stay out of the way and say, "yes" or"no". or maybe, "later hun".

Then we all go about our day.

We have all been cooking and celebrating Chinese New Year of Dragon. 

The food is outstanding!  G.L. is  a fantastic cook and we dumplinged and spring rolled and bean pasted everything in sight with a gentle nod to the kitchen god. All from scratch.

We invited John, (my boys' dad) over to start  New Year and he asked for that yellow mustard stuff from Chinese take out for the spring rolls.  The look G.L. gave him was and remains priceless.  

"I will give you Chinese mustard! You want hot?"  her home made sauce was spicy sweet, she gave him a bit of hell. :)

That was something  yellow.  Not from a little plastic packet.  LOL. I bet he is still feeling that one.

Perfect.

This was so NOT Chinese take out.

Anyway... home fires are still burning and I am still gay and my boys are my best ambassadors. 

I am still cooking, have a pot of award winning chili on the stove and some of . G.L.s'  jalapeno cheese corn bread happening.

Rainbow flag is flying, all are welcome,  even the 1%.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2012 - 11:13PM #582
mainecaptain

So glad things are going well. You are making me very hungry though LOL

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2012 - 3:52PM #583
darcamani

Ah, these home fires are still burning. :)  Now that I am learning how to be domestic in a wild zone all being equal, life in our new cave is settling down.

Except not all are equal.

My sons are now teens.

My youngest is 13.  He called me "agist".    Over me telling him he could not tell me what to do... LOL! 

I gave him fact, not opinion.  I am 49, he is so not.  Am I discriminating?  Nope.  He still had do do the dishes. :)  c,lean his room and do his own dirty laundry.  Mom is not a maid and  you bet I am older.

And I remain cave dyke supreme.  

The kitchen is always warm and comforting even with teens.  Fire is going and because of  mild winter, the grill is hot for some grilled pizza.  This brings summer to Feb.  That and a beer...

dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2012 - 8:53PM #584
mainecaptain

You have my humourous sympathy, teenagers, jeppers. LOL

And I want some of that grilled Pizza, oooooooo Yummy :)

One of these day I have to come visit, you have me completely in that great kitchen. After all these years of reading your posts, I feel like I've been your neighbour for years.

Be well

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2012 - 2:43PM #585
darcamani

MC,

You and so many here  are my neighbors.  That is what community means. :).

It is ok to be happy and not gay, as long as y'all don't flaunt it. Wink

Now for the home fires part.

Me and G.L. are signing a "Domestic Partnership affidavit" in front of a Notary  tomorrow. Do hetero folk have to fill out affadavits? 

I bought flowers, she bought 2 "fresh old hens" from China Town .  1.75 each. 

Makes the best broth.

She says to me," I am not going to give you a ring, the old hens will have to do..."

LOL! 

They were, "old ladies in a hot tub, soaking."

"Tough old birds".

" a couple mixed with some serious veggies".

and became "essence of chicken". Froze that, have enough to get through 2 months.

How romantic is that?

What is for dinner ? Salsbury steak.  Yes, hamburger, shaped and told they are something they are not. Potatoes au gratin and canned green beans.   Yep.

I know. This gay lifestyle of mine gives some people shivers of joy.

Our honeymoon thingy will be in April. New Mexico. Over Easter.

My cranky 49 yo self and her 60 yo  gout flare up situation.  Got to take the meds, crutches, sence of humor... 

Y'all are welcome to home fires but I may need a week for the 'moon thing.

The flowers are beautiful.  So are the fresh old hens.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2012 - 11:48PM #586
mainecaptain

Congratulations ! And have a super and safe time on the honey moon. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2012 - 3:25PM #587
darcamani

We did it.  So romantic, had to return some shoes via UPS and there happened to be a Notary, my pragmatic partner said, "Great, no need for a second stop."

Signed, sealed and delivered.

Officially Domestic  Partners as far as her job is concerned.  Now we have an official anniversery date. lol. One silly day neither of us  could agree upon is now on paper starting today. 2.21.12.

We are going to have a civil thingy in the spring. After our honey moon. We have to practice our gay lifestyle a little more to make certain we are doing whatever correctly.Cool

My sons are already planning a garden party.  I hope they remember to invite us and mow the grass...

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 3:28PM #588
darcamani

Gosh has it really been 2 months?  Home fires have moved outside, grill is up and running and we finally set a date, I thought she was talking about vacation.

Instead I got 2 "fresh old hens" (for stock) and a date!  We are going to have a jumping the broom garden party. May 19.  She even planted aspargus... that means commitment!  No rings, no dresses, 1 minister, close friends  and a beautiful potted garden. G.L.  is fantastic with flowers and herbs and this will be fun!  I was told I am not cooking... 

My sons will hold the broom. careful not to trip the two fresh old hens. 

Honeymoon comes first though. We are off to New Mexico, you all are so not invited. :) To the honeymoon. :)

We have to practice some more.  And the boys must mow!

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 7:27PM #589
mainecaptain

Silly girl. Have a wonderful Honeymoon

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 2:36AM #590
Yavanna

Apr 5, 2012 -- 3:28PM, darcamani wrote:

Gosh has it really been 2 months?  Home fires have moved outside, grill is up and running and we finally set a date, I thought she was talking about vacation.

Instead I got 2 "fresh old hens" (for stock) and a date!  We are going to have a jumping the broom garden party. May 19.  She even planted aspargus... that means commitment!  No rings, no dresses, 1 minister, close friends  and a beautiful potted garden. G.L.  is fantastic with flowers and herbs and this will be fun!  I was told I am not cooking... 

My sons will hold the broom. careful not to trip the two fresh old hens. 

Honeymoon comes first though. We are off to New Mexico, you all are so not invited. :) To the honeymoon. :)

We have to practice some more.  And the boys must mow!

Dar

Congratulations!

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply