Page 58 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 62 Next
3 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2011 - 9:16AM #571
darcamani

Hi there ((All));

Home fires are still burning.

I have learned how to grill pizza, life is good!  It was tricky.   My 13 year old was very concerned until he took a bite, it looked funny but was fantastic. :) 

Managing the fire and making sure the dough cooked was fun and took some trial and error yet my eldest said," trust the momster".

I know grilling pizza is not regulated to gay community, simple fact is I am gay. grilling pizza.

The sauce was made by a short self identified hetero  Italian guy, as was the dough.  Fire was built by my 13 yo. Perfectly.  My eldest chopped up the stuff to go on top, and G.L., well she poured the wine and doubted I could pull it off and was in charge of music.

She chose the Beach Boys.  She never heard the Beach Boys.  

I happen to know every tune. 

This made the whole evening very silly. 

For those of you new to home fires, my mate is from Malaysia. It was a British Colony for a bit and the only thing American West she got was Spam, the stuff in a can.

We played and danced and sang

to gay for words.

Wait until Abba happens.

Dar

She thought the Beach Boys were a spiritual group chanting to the beach. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2011 - 4:46PM #572
Yavanna

Too. Funny. Thanks for sharing, Dar. =)

We've been grilling a bit lately too. Mostly steaks and corn on the cob. Great way to spend the last days of summer and the early fall.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2011 - 3:40AM #573
robinsgarret

A weary traveler wanders in to feel the Home Fires.

Howdy all.   I used to travel these parts rather heavily a few years ago.  

Mind if I pull up a chair and visit? Moderated by REteach on Oct 16, 2011 - 09:43PM

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2011 - 9:46PM #574
REteach

Oct 16, 2011 -- 3:40AM, robinsgarret wrote:

Mind if I pull up a chair and visit?

Sorry, I kind of messed up your post.  Let me try again.  ((Rob)). Glad to see you old man!  I am getting to visit with my two youngest grandchildren.  :-)

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2011 - 10:57PM #575
robinsgarret

Oct 16, 2011 -- 9:46PM, REteach wrote:

Oct 16, 2011 -- 3:40AM, robinsgarret wrote:

Mind if I pull up a chair and visit?

Sorry, I kind of messed up your post.  Let me try again.  ((Rob)). Glad to see you old man!  I am getting to visit with my two youngest grandchildren.  :-)

Hiya Joni  :)    I mean, uh,  REteach.   I saw the picture of the new arrival.  Congratulations...  I am just trying to navigate through 3rd grade homework  :)

Can't wait for grandparenthood when I reach **ahem** your age...  :)

OK.  I will arrive there just a TAD later....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2011 - 3:08PM #576
darcamani

((Rob))

Yes home fires are burning and you may take all the time you need .  :) 

My boys are now officially teens.

I am ecouraging 9th grade chemistry, and 8th grade English and social skills. LOL!  My 13 yo  is girl crazy, my 15 yo  prefers Dr. Who.

Who am I to teach this?

They both still dance with me to Diana,and Donna, and the WHO. and ABBA. :) 

And we still have 5 ingredient nite.  The ingredients and techniques have changed and even cuisine and family style, yet some things have stayed the same.

Now a family of 4 . We have teen nite, mom night, moms' night and OMG night.  OMG night includes Scrabble, junk food and sillyness.

Scrabble night includes, 2 dictionaries, cheese in a can. disco, and twizzlers, ( appetizers du jour).  The first cheater makes dinner.

Spam and baked beans have been offerings.

White bean dip and pita chips for the garlic hungry and bananas for those stuck with vowel groups.  It is silly.

Look forward to updates, Rob and all.

Marshmallows, chocolate and grahams in the pantry. And potato curry for the very brave.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2011 - 8:13PM #577
BetteTheRedde

Hey, {{{{everybody}}}}. Very excited that I am, once again, going to get to enjoy the REAL home fires with Dar starting tomorrow.

Hey, Rob, I'm not around much either. Someone should throw a party to celebrate our return. Now, if we only had M37, mc, maya and The Dove, life would be complete deja vu.

"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

Alan Barth, New York Times, November 26, 1961
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2011 - 1:35PM #578
mainecaptain

Nov 2, 2011 -- 8:13PM, BetteTheRedde wrote:

Hey, {{{{everybody}}}}. Very excited that I am, once again, going to get to enjoy the REAL home fires with Dar starting tomorrow.

Hey, Rob, I'm not around much either. Someone should throw a party to celebrate our return. Now, if we only had M37, mc, maya and The Dove, life would be complete deja vu.

How I miss this stuff I have no idea, but I hope you are having a wonderful time.
Wishing I was there as always :)

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2011 - 7:27AM #579
BetteTheRedde

It was a truly delightful visit, yet again. There are rumours afloat that there might be an infestation in Canada next year.

"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

Alan Barth, New York Times, November 26, 1961
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2011 - 1:15PM #580
mainecaptain

Nov 9, 2011 -- 7:27AM, BetteTheRedde wrote:

It was a truly delightful visit, yet again. There are rumours afloat that there might be an infestation in Canada next year.

I would be one of them. If I could.

((((Bette))))

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 58 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 62 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook