Page 56 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 62 Next
4 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 2:12PM #551
mainecaptain

REteach, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2011 - 2:02AM #552
Yavanna

Got to meet my wife's grandma over the weekend. The whole explaining we aren't roommates thing didn't happen. No energy for it so we just let her think what she wanted.

Coming out manuals should really be distrubted though. ;)

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2011 - 2:02AM #553
Yavanna

Jun 15, 2011 -- 7:55PM, REteach wrote:

New grandson at 4:20 weighing 7-15.  Whoowhoo!  :)

Total grats, RE! =D

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2011 - 10:30AM #554
darcamani2

With the joy there are tears, I lost my  mom on Sunday, been a wild week.  She was not my bio mom, she was my MOM.

I know she is resting peacefully, because she does not have to deal with the crap anymore.

((Mom)) I got a grilled cheese sandwich and some tomato soup for ya, and am playing bluegrass just 'cuz. 

The rest of you eat what ever is in the 'fridge, please.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2011 - 10:42AM #555
REteach

(((Dar))) 
I'm sorry about your mom.  

I got to play grandma this last week--it was awesome.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2011 - 11:29PM #556
mainecaptain

Oh ((((((Dar)))) I am so sorry

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2011 - 9:51AM #557
darcamani2

((Thanks all)),

Nohing like a funeral to tell how, um, I was the "normal" one! Gracious!

I had to hold court for 3 days and I don't know about laughing or crying, when in doubt wash dishes.

I stuck out like a sore thumb, being all edumecated, (sic) and all, that means although I can't spell for nuthin, I speack without a hillbilly mumble. 

I know my family and they know me and we are rarely in the same place at the same time for a REASON.

Ever been to a funeral where there were more tatoos and bikes and leather then old widows?

With a preacher that pretty much said he would see me in hell.  Oh well... My mom was not like that and who brought that dude in was not a relative to anyone.

No booze tho, so that was good. 

Food, lol, the only thing green was the paint on the kitchen cabinets.   I was surrounded by big guts and beards and that was the women.  Never mind the 4 cartons of cigs, and the oxygen tanks and insulen and guns! Yikes, with people saing, "if any one starts somthin' "

Never mind my brother who just got out of prison... 25 years! 

Thank goodness for G.L. and my boys.  They rescued me.  Bless my teens who said "Meme looks better dead!"

Not really, but I understand.

Home fires are still burning and I am cooking again, hot tho so chillin' is the reason, cold watermelon  slushies to start and then there is cheese crackers and wine and klondyke bars :)

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2011 - 11:27AM #558
darcamani2

Anyone up for a tuna fish salad sandwich? Maybe some melon slush?

Dar.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2011 - 7:16PM #559
REteach

red beans and rice here. Yum!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2011 - 3:36PM #560
mainecaptain

Jul 14, 2011 -- 7:16PM, REteach wrote:

red beans and rice here. Yum!

In full agreement here, and I would also like some melon slush :))

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 56 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 62 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook