Page 1 of 62  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 62 Next
7 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 12:37PM #1
darcamani
Hi everyone,

I am moving the Deck indoors for the winter, don't mind the dust.

Kitchen  is a nice place to sit and get acquainted and get in on the food action, loads of wonderful smells and  friendly discusions about chocolate and tofrurkey., kids and such, and the living room has  a couch,  rocking chairs, pillows, plenty of books, afghans and a very large cat .

All it needs is y'all to c'mon over and relax.

I will try to learn how to use all the fancy stuff  as we decorate.

Dar
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 4:21PM #2
piecesofthewhole
Hi Dar!

How are you?

*sits down and relaxes by the fire and listens*
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 8:38PM #3
REteach
I've got some chocolate brownies smelling up the kitchen really nicely.  They should be ready in a couple minutes.

I need to explain my avatar, too.  It is actually an x-ray of someone who is literally "full of it."  I thought it was appropriate!  :cool:
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 8:58PM #4
kazb
(((Dar)))

You made it over here!  Good to see you again.

Karen
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 9:44AM #5
BetteTheRedde
{{{{{{Dar}}}}}}}} Hope that didn't squish you. ;-)
"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

Alan Barth, New York Times, November 26, 1961
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 11:54AM #6
darcamani
(((everyone))),

I am very happy to be back,  my body and my entire electronic communication system all broke down about the same time.

I was very sick for quite awhile and was in hospital for about a week , when I returned home I discovered someone had tapped into my phone service some how and pretty much shut down me and my home church's tech system.

Me and the church's wireing  all come from the same box, as I live on church property, if one thing goes, everything goes.
The Church; being an Institution,  received immediate attention.
The rest became a comedy of errors and illogical mishaps that took about 7 full weeks to manage.

So here I was, rather disabled both medically and electronically.   I was quite concerned for a bit, new meds, weak body , no phone, no car, no adult to check in on me and no way to even call 911.
Serindipity prevailed and an old friend of mine popped in and became a very much needed helping hand.

My friend  now has the unique distinction of being the only adult straight male ever to stay with me longer than for dinner. :). 

Speaking of dinner, I have a big pot of 3 Sister Stew happening, it is hearty and spicy  with a real autumn flair.

Bring on those brownies!
I am finally able to eat solid food after months of living on liquids.
A Bic Mac never looked so good!

Dar
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 12:21PM #7
piecesofthewhole
(((((((Dar))))))))))

Glad you are on the mend!!!! 

What is three sister stew?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 7:18PM #8
Mareczku
Hi Folks:  Just dropped in to say hello.  I'm still alive.  Sorry to hear that you were sick Dar.  Hope you keep getting better day after day.  Bette, I really like your picture.  I haven't posted in quite a while.  I am still not used to this new system.  Hi also to Aylmer, Cubby, Drakkoby, Striking Swan and others that I remember.  God bless you all.

PEACE - MARECZKU
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 9:23AM #9
darcamani
Hi everyone,

It's  morning in my kitchen, c'mon, in, and have a seat , talk is friendly and gets the best  bites while I cook.  :) 

I have a tea kettle on and a blender ready for smoothies.   Help yourself to the fruit and spices and mind the cat,  tripping over him will hurt ! 

((Mareczku)),
I am on the mend, onery ,using my time to work on updating my business and working on menudevelopement and researching and testing all kinds of wonderful flavors, gee it sucks being at home  sometimes... not :).

How is the stuff at work? Has tension eased?   I hope all is well with you and family, keep me posted .

((Pieces)),

3 Sister Stew  is a wonderful combo of corn, beans and squash and is adaptable to all seasons and abilities and tastes. 

My original version is on b-net somewhere, no two versions are alike, it is a wonderful canvas for the worlds flavors.

My latest , celebrated cinnamon, cloves, a couple different hot dried chilies, a whole bunch of toasted spices,  roasted veggies including corn, onion, garlic etc.. took 2 days and fed 100. 

This version is just as wonderful,  busy person/ kid friendly, 5 ingredient night.

1 bag frozen sqush of any kind or sweet potatoes, canned, yes you can get the kind in syrup, either will do. 
2 cans beans any kind, rinced and drained.
2 cans mexi-style corn or any corn you have on hand.
1 jar salsa, or seasoned tomates,  about 1 cup, to taste.
1 qt, veggie stock, wine, beer, or water.  You choose who gets what.

Bring all ingredients to a gentle simmer, adjust seasoning to taste, consider adding a touch of fresh lemon juice, or simmer until thick and use as a filling for just about anything.

This recipe I used when my kids were still under foot ,  now they are up to ... enjoy :)

If you wish for the longer version complete with bells and whistles,  I will write it in chapters.  Dar in the kithen ...

Dar
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 9:28AM #10
piecesofthewhole
Thanks Dar...

I'm just getting comfortable with boiling water, so the short version (for now) will do.

:-)

How are things going, by the way, with your new friend?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 62  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 62 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook