Page 3 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Ask an Apologist: Should we let our children play with a lesbian couple's child?
7 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 6:07PM #21
White-Dove
[QUOTE=Beautiful_Dreamer;28534]I don't see why this is even a question. Just because the parents are different from you does not mean the children should not be able to play. And it's not like lesbians are evil anyway.[/QUOTE]

Some parents are very protective of their children and what they are exposed to. I daresay, some liberal minded parents are the same, and would be suspicious of allowing their children to be around ultra-religious conservatives. They wouldn't want their child scared by stories of Hell, and the like.

Parents do have a right to try to form the the child entrusted to them the way they see fit. So yes, it's a valid question.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 6:15PM #22
REteach
[QUOTE=Elluminati;28348]I am interested in hear Niciendo's rational on why he thinks that this person (possibly clergy) is ignorant?[/QUOTE]

Because the only difference in "lifestyle" between that couple, and my husband and me is only the number of penises in bed at night. That hardly makes a lifestyle.  In fact, I think anyone who uses the term "gay lifestyle" is at best ignorant.  Unless we choose to define the "straight lifestyle" by serial monogamists like Liz Taylor, or the college kids downtown Saturday night getting drunk off their butts and rutting like pigs.  There is no "gay lifestyle" just as there is no "straight lifestyle."

Also the idea that gays proselytize is so ridiculous, I don't even have words.  Sexual orientation, gay, straight, and bi is biological, not a choice.  You can't proselytize people into being left-handed or blue-eyed, and you can't proselytize people into being gay or straight, either.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 6:15PM #23
whirlinggal
Elluminati says--

" find it interesting how people always throw around what they think "Jesus" said or preached,"

It's weird I know-but those are called "RELIGIOUS BELIEFS."

And since this is a Religious Debate Board--don't you think it kinda makes sense that people would "throw around" their religious beliefs?

WGal

Elluminati says--

"... but have no respect to how his words got published."

I have no idea what you mean by this--would you like to explain it? Thanks.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 6:17PM #24
whirlinggal
REteach--again with the penises?

You know what happens to women who talk that way. :)

Good to see you!  Sending good thoughts for you and yours.
WGal
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 6:19PM #25
REteach
[QUOTE=Elluminati;28559]I find it interesting how people always throw around what they think "Jesus" said or preached, but have no respect to how his words got published.[/QUOTE]

I find it interesting how Jesus never said anything about gays, but did say a lot about judging, throwing stones, and worrying about our own planks.  Funny how many Christians who claim to follow Jesus adhere to things he never taught at the expense of things he did teach. 

Did I mention Jesus also said a lot about hypocrisy?
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 6:20PM #26
shirleyj227
"REteach--again with the penises?

You know what happens to women who talk that way. "

ROFLOL
You made my night.

Shirl
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 6:21PM #27
REteach
I am personally rather fond of penises.  One of them anyway.  However, I am aware that not everybody feels that way. 

And not everyone who is also fond of penises happens to be female.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 6:22PM #28
Elluminati
Sure,  the only reason you have any idea what Jesus may or may not have said is because of the Catholic Church.  AND, the Church came to the conclusion that those words were our Lord's words based on their God given authority to interpret the scriptures.  So it is just interesting to me that some people who quote the words of Jesus also deny the interpretation of those who approved that those words were even Christ's based on their interpretation.

In other words, it would be like a buddhist trying to quote a passage out of the Catholic Catachism and claim they knew the proper context rather than the Pope.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 6:24PM #29
REteach
[QUOTE=White-Dove;28566]I have read statistics that homosexuals are more prone to mental health issues actually. Often they blame their status as outcasts for this. Like many things, the whole chicken and egg argument makes any cause and effect hard to prove.
[/QUOTE]

And if someone started a post about whether it is safe to let their kids play with your kids, just because you are you, that wouldn't start to affect your mental state?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 6:26PM #30
Elluminati
Reteach,

Your opinions are some what rational and reasonable, however, they are not Catholic and that's where we split.

Oh well, I guess ignorance is in the eye of the beholder.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook