Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View The Hatred Convention
7 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2007 - 6:25PM #11
clyde5001
I haven't been on this board too much lately, but has it gotten somewhat...mellow?

I wonder if some of the more biggoted folks had some trouble finding the new site...too difficult?:D
Shema Y'Israel Adnai Eloheinu, Adonei Echad.

Am Y'Israel Chai!

23,298 posts as of 2/27/2009

3,208 after the transition.

A 20,090 difference.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2007 - 6:25PM #12
clyde5001
I haven't been on this board too much lately, but has it gotten somewhat...mellow?

I wonder if some of the more biggoted folks had some trouble finding the new site...too difficult?:D
Shema Y'Israel Adnai Eloheinu, Adonei Echad.

Am Y'Israel Chai!

23,298 posts as of 2/27/2009

3,208 after the transition.

A 20,090 difference.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2007 - 7:25PM #13
REteach
I'm thinking that the board isn't always working quite right.  I've gotten used to not checking if the little balloon doesn't say "new posts".  However, sometimes there have been new posts.  Like now.

BTW, Hi, Rob!  I actually see your picture!  (I hope that is because you are on my friends list--I hope my picture isn't available to the whole world.  I noticed Clyde took his picture down.  I think mine is supposed to just be available to my "friends")
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 8:07AM #14
IreneAdler
[QUOTE=REteach;36717]
BTW, Hi, Rob!  I actually see your picture!  (I hope that is because you are on my friends list--I hope my picture isn't available to the whole world.  I noticed Clyde took his picture down.  I think mine is supposed to just be available to my "friends")[/QUOTE]

Um, REteach, I don't want to upset you, but I can see your photo and I don't think I'm on your friends list.  Thought you'd like to know this.

Irene.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 9:05AM #15
IreneAdler
[QUOTE=REteach;35321]Any time we start setting someone apart as "other", we begin flirting with genocide.  Once someone is "other", it becomes much easier to assume they are not like me.  They don't want the same things.  They don't have the same desires.  And, especially, they don't feel pain like I do.[/QUOTE]

I think this is one of the most profound statements ever posted. Thank you for writing/posting this. It puts into words what's been knocking about in my little brain for a very long time. 

Irene.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 9:23AM #16
LittleBuddha73
[QUOTE=IreneAdler;37717]Um, REteach, I don't want to upset you, but I can see your photo and I don't think I'm on your friends list.  Thought you'd like to know this.

Irene.[/QUOTE]

It seems like this just started yesterday - all of a sudden I can see everyone's photo/avitar. ??
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 2:59PM #17
REteach
Thanks, Irene!  You'll see I have a new avatar.  A bit different than the old one--in some ways.  If anyone is wondering, it is an x-ray of someone who is "full of it" so to speak.  :-)
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 3:22PM #18
IreneAdler
[QUOTE=REteach;38432]Thanks, Irene!  You'll see I have a new avatar.  A bit different than the old one--in some ways.  If anyone is wondering, it is an x-ray of someone who is "full of it" so to speak.  :-)[/QUOTE]

LOL! I love it!

Good thing you  pointed this out.  I had been wondering if this was a pic of your insides, given you didn't want a pic of your outsides on all your posts.  But since you are the last poster whom I would ever consider to be "full of it" then it sure ain't you.

Irene.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 7:24PM #19
REteach
Thanks, Irene!  Maybe it was someone who belongs to FOF?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook