7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 2:09AM #1
Marysara722
Welcome to the Gender & Sexism Board, where we invite members to discuss, debate
and consider issues relating to Gender and Sexism.

Please introduce yourself in this thread.

Please feel free to start new discussions by creating a new threads.
Or if there are any good discussions and/or debates going on presently from the old board,
you can bring over a topic from the old board using copy and then paste it into a new thread.

Please note --- We ask that you please keep topics and posts on a PG-13 level as this board
may be read by all of our members, some as young as 13 so kindly keep that in the back
of the mind when writing an Opening Post or a response post.

Thanks, and enjoy the new B-Net digs.
MSara :)
Beliefnet Community Host
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 10:55AM #2
whirlinggal
WGal runs in and waves to everyone.

And then she runs back out again.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 9:29PM #3
Marysara722

whirlinggal wrote:

WGal runs in and waves to everyone.

LOL Wgal! There's nobody in here but us chickens. :p

And then she runs back out again.

Well be sure to run back in again. ;)

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2007 - 4:47AM #4
jaxx
Well! The topic is one I find interesting, saddening and DEEPLY frustrating. Pity there are few posts.

I raised my kids on my own at  a time in which all of the single parent help was female only. We suffered; I and other lone fathers were blamed and shamed for daring to complain: Blamed and shamed while our kids did without so our country could have sexism.

Now, 20 years after the near-end of the old system there is increased pressure to move back to female only help. We're, probably, going to have kids starving to death again right here in Ontario, right here in one of the richest places on the planet.

What I find intriguing and SAD is that so few see anything wrong with that.

I was chatting with the clerk in the Bread Store the other day, we got onto the topic of single mothers and I told her some of my experiences as a lone father. She said "Well, it's good that you took the kids. Not many men would do that." I just about exploded because that opinion is so VERY common and so totally wrong! It's exactly backwards and yet the public demand that the lie is more important than the truth.

The whole thing is getting worse and no one seems to care.

So, given the apparent belief in our society that dead-kids are preferable to ending sexism, what horrid place are we going to end up at?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 11:18PM #5
Karma_yeshe_dorje
My psychologist was a lone father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 3:49PM #6
klarity
I wish i had a single parent their wouldn't be so much fighting
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 3:49PM #7
klarity
I wish i had a single parent their wouldn't be so much fighting
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2007 - 10:46PM #8
cultresearcher
this is the cult researcher  whats up my sara?  can u guys help me out with my paper that i am doing.  i am going to ask questions about sex which is what my paper is on but the aspect i am focusing on now is in regards to what a woman feels and her emotions during the act.  i am mainly good a book and internet research but i learned from a rn that i have to disclose the interview first.  which i didn't know.  i am learning to get out of what i call my "lonerdom" so if i make any mistakes please let me know in private.  i am also a shy person so please dont ridcule me.  i am going to entitle my paper understanding the mind of a woman.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2008 - 2:50AM #9
puma_rumor81
I just came back to Bnet for the first time in a few years.  Pleasantly surprised by the changes!  I have a psychology degree and minored in women's studies, so this looks like a board I will want to come back to often.  I hope to soak up some new info and ideas...I'm a social worker for parents with substance abuse issues and a lot of my clients are single mothers...I wish I could go back and write just one research paper with the knowledge I have now.  Cheers!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook