Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome and Introductions
7 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2007 - 12:36PM #1
BeliefnetCheryl
Welcome to the Alternative Sexuality board, where we invite members to discuss, debate and consider the issue of the alternative sexuality. Please introduce yourself in this thread.

Please feel free to start new discussions by creating a new thread. Or bring over a topic from the old board using copy and then paste into a new thread. We ask that you please keep topics and posts on a PG-13 level as this board may be read by all of our members, some as young as 13.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 8:00PM #2
DustyLady
OK, I'm wondering here just what kind of topics are allowed here.  Most of the discussions that I took part in on the old Alternative Lifestyles board I would consider suitable for only 18 and up, or perhaps even 21 and up.  Is there some way we can close this board to those under that age?  If not, I may open up a closed group for that kind of discussions.

Dusty
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 2:03AM #3
Marysara722
Hi Dusty,
I'll inquire within to the PTB to see what is or isn't possible, and get back to you
with a response ASAP.

In the meanwhile, just go ahead and post a thread topic that is within a decorum level
just in case of anything to realize that little pictures with big ears may be listening (rather big eyes and reading.)

Thanks,
MSara
Bnet Host
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 5:16PM #4
DustyLady
Actually, I can't think of anything I would feel free to discuss on this board in the hearing of those under 21, or at least 18.  I don't know why I didn't suggest it on the old board, but I think this is one of those areas where it would be better to limit visitors based on age.  That's why I made the comment about forming a closed group for these kinds of discussions.

Dusty
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 6:22PM #5
DustyLady
If you look at the topics that were discussed on the old Alternative Sexuality forum, you're talking about things like some pretty heavy S/m play that I think children have no business being exposed to.  (Heck, I even DO some of those things.)  I wanted to offer to host the old board, but I can't have my real name and address known by anyone, for obvious reasons. 

Dusty
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 2:47AM #6
Karma_yeshe_dorje
I think it's a shame that someone feels they have to hide, because of their beliefs!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 6:43PM #7
DustyLady
[QUOTE=Karma_Yeshe_Dorje;3980]I think it's a shame that someone feels they have to hide, because of their beliefs![/QUOTE]

I don't think I have to hide my beliefs here, or anywhere.  But, a question for you.  Would you want your child wandering onto this forum and reading about things like rope bondage, or golden showers, or forced sissification?  Or other BDSM-related topics, which was the purpose of the original board of this title.

Dusty
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 6:45PM #8
DustyLady
[QUOTE=regis1939;4673]Main issue folow God's word on this issue period![/QUOTE]

And just whose God are we to follow here?  You may have noticed that there are practitioners of Buddhism, Islam, Paganism, and other faiths here on Beliefnet as well as Christians.  Oh, and I haven't seen anything in the Bible that refers to BDSM.  Have you?

Dusty
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2007 - 1:25PM #9
jennthya
Hello! I was rather excited to see a forum titled "alternative sexuality"...what a jolly good idea! So I popped in and read all the posts. Hmm, have got to agree...this isn't a topic for children of ANY age. I wouldn't want my girls to learn about the wide world of sexual play from people on-line. That something parents should discuss w/ their children (and yes I know, some parents don't but thats not the issue at hand!) when the children are curious and asking questions. Anywho! If you guys do start up a forum that is for adults only, I'd love to join in! Its a topic near and dear to me!!!!;)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2007 - 1:41PM #10
DustyLady
After some thought, I have decided that I am going to try and start a private group where these matters can be discussed freely without fear of those discussions being read by impressionable children.  One of the primary principles in this lifestyle is that of consent.  And while many children show a maturity far beyond their years, I'm not sure some of them are able to completely understand the consent they are giving.  One of the absolute rules that exists for almost every other forum of this type that I have participated in is that members have to be 18, or sometimes even 21.

Dusty
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook