Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Old Favorites
7 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2007 - 9:36AM #1
kazb
I will be posting links to some of the threads on the old boards that we want to be able to easily access.  You are welcome to add more.

Karen
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2007 - 12:34PM #2
The_Maven
One of the favorite threads from our old boards includes stories from members about their experiences relating to sexual orientation or gender identity. 

Members Tell Their Stories
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2007 - 4:12PM #3
kazb
This should take you to the "links" thread. 

Links

Karen
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2007 - 4:15PM #4
kazb
This link will take you to the old "Clobber Verses" thread.

Clobber Verses

Karen
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2007 - 4:23PM #5
kazb
This wil take you to the thread

The reality behind the debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 9:41PM #6
kazb
Rob,

I am not sure which Porch is the "next to last", but here is #28 and it does have links to all the ones before.  So, per Rob's request
The Old Porch

Karen
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 7:52PM #7
robinsgarret
This was a personal account of the Fostercare and Adoption experience with my sons and the support here:

Adoption and Fostercare
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 9:06AM #8
BetteTheRedde
On a much less serious note, I've had no luck trying to find a thread that I think I started, called "Recipes" or something similar. It was actually on GCF. Dar put a green tomato chutney recipe on that thread, I think, and I've lost my copy. And, despite having spent hours on green tomato mincemeat last night, I still have an overabundance of green tomatoes.
"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

Alan Barth, New York Times, November 26, 1961
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2007 - 12:28AM #9
TallWillow
[QUOTE=BetteTheRedde;29850]On a much less serious note, I've had no luck trying to find a thread that I think I started, called "Recipes" or something similar. It was actually on GCF. Dar put a green tomato chutney recipe on that thread, I think, and I've lost my copy. And, despite having spent hours on green tomato mincemeat last night, I still have an overabundance of green tomatoes.[/QUOTE]

I actually kept a document that had many of those recipes & one of them is the tomato chutney you were asking about above.  One of Dar's (many) delicious dishes, as you thought.

Tomato chutney

about 2 lbs , or 6 med to large green tomatoes , the greener the better.
about 2 TBS, minced fresh ginger.
1 tsp mustard seeds .
1 tsp cumin seed .
3/4 tsp kosher or sea salt.
1/4 cup cider vinegar.
1/4 cup , packed brown sugar , light or dark or mollases .
1/4 cup white sugar
cayenne or tabasco to taste , and 2 Tbs minced garlic

Dice the tomatoes , and place them in a sauce pan with everything but the garlic ,
bring to boil, and reduce heat , uncovered , let simmer about 45 minutes, let cool and store in sanitized jars with lids , keep refrigerated , up to a month. makes about 1 1/2 cups , can be used with any Indian dish , soups , stews and sandwich spreads.

It goes along way.
Don't forget fried green tomatoes , and if you want tomato pickles or pesto just holler.

dar
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2007 - 9:48AM #10
BetteTheRedde
Thank you, TW. Green tomato crisis long over (now replaced for the moment by a series of snow crises, LOL!), solved by making MORE green tomato mincemeat. And you have mail. ;-)
"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

Alan Barth, New York Times, November 26, 1961
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook