Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Hackers Release Ashley Madison Data
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2015 - 8:46PM #11
Svetlana

And then there's this........

gawker.com/family-values-activist-josh-d...

I do not share in the Schadenfreude of many others, I am just aware of a complete lack of surprise on my own part.

Elsewhere, I saw something about lawyers gearing up for a tsunami of divorce filings in the wake of the Ashley Madison hack.

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2015 - 10:40PM #12
TemplarS

Aug 19, 2015 -- 8:46PM, Svetlana wrote:

Elsewhere, I saw something about lawyers gearing up for a tsunami of divorce filings in the wake of the Ashley Madison hack.

Right.

Comforting to know there is one class of people who stand to gain from this...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2015 - 11:20PM #13
rideronthastorm

Aug 19, 2015 -- 5:01PM, Aka_me wrote:

Aug 19, 2015 -- 4:38PM, d_p_m wrote:

Aug 19, 2015 -- 3:18PM, TemplarS wrote:

Ha ha, I can honestly say I have nothing to fear from this one.  For a change.

And yet for some people even the compromise of their Beliefnet identity could be life threatening.

I'm not seeing how that's possible?

Well I was stalked by the UPC church between 4 and 12 years ago, I think some people look at my journal that I dont know and still I wonder if theyre watching me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2015 - 11:24PM #14
rideronthastorm

Why dont people do the smart thing, at leaste go to free dating websights like ok cupid or use temporary credit cards with a fake name, its so utterly stupid. They do stupid stuff.

Men are idots no offense but when it comes to sex testosterone turns you guys into raving idiots.

So many men who tried to have an affair with me in my online sex days, they didnt want to meet and date  a few times to get to know me just go to the motel room and jump in the sack without knowing anything about me at all.

Hey if Im a psycho who cares? If Ive got aids who cares????????????????Maybe I weigh 400 lbs and stink who cares?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2015 - 11:31PM #15
Do_unto_others

Aug 19, 2015 -- 6:19PM, Aka_me wrote:

Aug 19, 2015 -- 5:27PM, d_p_m wrote:

Aug 19, 2015 -- 5:01PM, Aka_me wrote:

Aug 19, 2015 -- 4:38PM, d_p_m wrote:

Aug 19, 2015 -- 3:18PM, TemplarS wrote:

Ha ha, I can honestly say I have nothing to fear from this one.  For a change.

And yet for some people even the compromise of their Beliefnet identity could be life threatening.

I'm not seeing how that's possible?

There are countries where they kill gays.

There are countries where they kill witches.

There are countries where they kill women who have sex with anyone other than their husband.

There are countries where they kill anyone who criticizes the ruling faction.

There are countries where they kill anyone who criticizes Islam, the Prophet, or the Koran.

Take a look at the list of forums...

I'm well aware of this... and am Baha'i who tells my fellow believers to pack up and move out of iran rather than continuous complaining.

people in such countries should not visit ANY questionable sites because there is so much power to track people on the internet.

I think you are a bit naive with your advice that, "people in such countries should not visit ANY questionable sites". You see, people in "such countries" could be visiting Beliefnet's site. Would Beliefnet be considered a "questionable site" in "such countries"? I mean, it's not a site targeting adulterers like Ashley Madison's site is, after all.

But, SOME people who roam the internet are anti-gay, and some of them follow a religion that says gay people - like me - should be put to death. (Heck, many right here in America believe that - sincerely.)

And, should people (in any country, not just "such countries") take a notion to seek me out (or, could simply e-mail a friend over here with similar beliefs) should my identity here be breached and if they were to follow the 'dictates' of their tenets, I would "surely be put to death".

I assure you that D.P.M.'s contention, "for some people even the compromise of their Beliefnet identity could be life threatening" is VERY "possible".

Not necessarily 'probable', but most cerrtainly possible - for me and for anyone else in any of those other 'categories' D.P.M. mentioned - and likely many more, such is the nature of fanaticism and extremism - religious or otherwise.

Hope this made sense.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2015 - 11:40PM #16
rideronthastorm

Thankyou it makes sense Do and it scares me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2015 - 11:31AM #17
d_p_m

Aug 19, 2015 -- 10:40PM, TemplarS wrote:

Aug 19, 2015 -- 8:46PM, Svetlana wrote:

Right.

Comforting to know there is one class of people who stand to gain from this...

One divorce lawyer was quoted as saying this was the best thing for his profession since trial by jury...

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."
― Niels Bohr

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
-- Albert Einstein

"If one is going to engage with the primordial forces of darkness, one must expect a bit of social awkwardness."
-- Penny Dreadful, season one, episode two
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2015 - 6:03PM #18
Aka_me

Aug 19, 2015 -- 11:24PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

Men are idots no offense but when it comes to sex testosterone turns you guys into raving idiots.

none taken. it's like the old joke goes...

why couldn't God give women as much brains as He gave men?

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2015 - 1:59PM #19
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook