Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Dating Website for Married People Hacked
2 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2015 - 11:59AM #1
Girlchristian

The hackers are making demands...

Hackers claim to have personal details of more than 37 million cheating spouses on dating website Ashley Madison and have threatened to release nude photos and sexual fantasies of the site's clients unless it is shut down, blog KrebsOnSecurity reported.

Ashley Madison's Canadian parent, Avid Life Media, confirmed the breach on its systems and said it had since secured its site and was working with law enforcement agencies to try to trace those behind the attack.

The hackers, who call themselves The Impact Team, leaked snippets of the compromised data online and warned they would release customers' real names, profiles, nude photos, credit card details and "secret sexual fantasies" unless their demands were met, Krebs said.

Avid Life did not disclose what information was stolen.

The hackers demanded the closure of another of Avid Life Media's sites, sugar-daddy site "Established Men", but did not target the company's "CougarLife" site, which caters for women members looking for "a young stud".

Click here for link. 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2015 - 1:21PM #2
MMarcoe

Well, they won't be finding anything from me, because I'm not on that site.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is the original nothingness of the universe.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2015 - 1:26PM #3
Girlchristian

Jul 20, 2015 -- 1:21PM, MMarcoe wrote:

I didn't even know it existed!

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2015 - 2:30PM #4
Merope

In a long manifesto posted alongside the stolen data, the hackers — calling themselves The Impact Team — said they decided to publish the information in response to alleged lies ALM told its customers about a service that allows members to completely erase their profile information for a $19 fee.

According to the hackers, although the “full delete” feature that Ashley Madison advertises promises “removal of site usage history and personally identifiable information from the site,” users’ purchase details — including real name and address — aren’t actually scrubbed.

“Full Delete netted ALM $1.7mm in revenue in 2014.  It’s also a complete lie,” the hackers wrote.  “Users almost always pay with credit card; their purchase details are not removed as promised, and include real name and address, which is of course the most important information the users want removed.”

Their demands continue:

“Avid Life Media has been instructed to take Ashley Madison and Established Men offline permanently in all forms, or we will release all customer records, including profiles with all the customers’ secret sexual fantasies and matching credit card transactions, real names and addresses, and employee documents and emails.  The other websites may stay online.”

“Too bad for those men, they’re cheating dirtbags and deserve no such discretion,” the hackers continued.  “Too bad for ALM, you promised secrecy but didn’t deliver.  We’ve got the complete set of profiles in our DB dumps, and we’ll release them soon if Ashley Madison stays online.  And with over 37 million members, mostly from the US and Canada, a significant percentage of the population is about to have a very bad day, including many rich and powerful people.”

ALM CEO Biderman declined to discuss specifics of the company’s investigation, which he characterized as ongoing and fast-moving.  But he did suggest that the incident may have been the work of someone who at least at one time had legitimate, inside access to the company’s networks — perhaps a former employee or contractor.

“We’re on the doorstep of [confirming] who we believe is the culprit, and unfortunately that may have triggered this mass publication,” Biderman said.  “I’ve got their profile right in front of me, all their work credentials.  It was definitely a person here that was not an employee but certainly had touched our technical services.”

As if to support this theory, the message left behind by the hackers gives something of a shout-out to ALM’s director of security:  “Our one apology is to Mark Steele (Director of Security),” the manifesto reads.  “You did everything you could, but nothing you could have done could have stopped this.”

krebsonsecurity.com/2015/07/online-cheat...

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2015 - 2:32PM #5
rideronthastorm

Ewe I use to use Adult friend Finder but dont appreciate them comparing them Adult Friend Finder to the other place,its for sex partners but not necessarily married.

I wasnt married,and my last sex buddy i met through them, was a nice guy and his Rabbi and one of his friends officailly confirmed to me that he was a man seperated in his marriage plus the fact that I had proof from being in his apartment with him instead of a motel.

SO its not strictly for affairs though it is for strictly sex buddies to meet. But I dont think its any different then Christian mingle or Ok Cupid considering the fact that men were always( including many married men) trying to come on to me at those places.

J. use to tell me men at Christian mingle were always looking to hook up too and Ive been told that by my sister as well.

I mean this married place for Hookups maybe slimmy, because they are just for affairs but I think its stupid for the hackers to try and get them to close down because theyre amoral.

Its rediculous-like I said just as many married men on Ok Cupid and any other dating websight cruising for hookups as well as that place its silly.

Infact i dont even see the point for that dating websight to be there but I guess some people prefer to be with marrieds only but its bazzare to me. Why not go to ok Cupid and meet a  married man?

Its  a religious fantasy world, if theyre Christians doing this, their so called Christian dating websights are just as amoral, tell them to open their eyes!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2015 - 3:39PM #6
Do_unto_others

Jul 20, 2015 -- 1:26PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Wow! I find your admission astounding, since I and several others referenced it in many heated discussions about rightwingers denigrating gay folks wanting to commit to one another in marriage ... WHILE being members of that site (and others) which was specifically designed to help heterosexuals cheat on their spouses.

We stuck those references in between the myriad examples of heterosexual men doing just that, repeatedly.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2015 - 7:16PM #7
rideronthastorm

OMG Thats exactly my point, do you know how many conservative Christian men have tried to have affairs with me on those sights,and how many of them cruise Christian mingle its unbelievable!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2015 - 7:26PM #8
Do_unto_others

Jul 20, 2015 -- 7:16PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

OMG Thats exactly my point, do you know how many conservative Christian men have tried to have affairs with me on those sights,and how many of them cruise Christian mingle its unbelievable!

I was referring specifically to Ashley Madison, but I have NO doubts whatsoever that 'christian' men do just that ... even on 'christian' mingle.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2015 - 11:01PM #9
Girlchristian

Jul 20, 2015 -- 3:39PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Wow! I find your admission astounding, since I and several others referenced it in many heated discussions about rightwingers denigrating gay folks wanting to commit to one another in marriage ... WHILE being members of that site (and others) which was specifically designed to help heterosexuals cheat on their spouses.

We stuck those references in between the myriad examples of heterosexual men doing just that, repeatedly.

Sorry. I missed those references. I don't pay any attention to dating or hook up sites (being married myself) and I certainly don't pay any attention to sites designed for spouses looking to cheat.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2015 - 9:25AM #10
Do_unto_others

Jul 20, 2015 -- 11:01PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Jul 20, 2015 -- 3:39PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Sorry. I missed those references. I don't pay any attention to dating or hook up sites (being married myself) and I certainly don't pay any attention to sites designed for spouses looking to cheat.

GC, the point isn't whether or not you "pay attention TO" those sites, but being aware OF them, since, as I mentioned, they were referenced ... FREQUENTLY ... during the pre-Windsor threads. They exist and are well known BECAUSE they were specifically designed to help married heterosexual men to cheat on their spouses. THAT was the 'point, not whether you frequent them but their very existence.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook