Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Photo of Marine Praying With Bride-to-be Goes Viral
2 years ago  ::  May 26, 2015 - 1:52PM #1
Stardove
Photo of Marine praying with bride-to-be goes viral

A photo of a young Marine praying with his bride-to-be quickly went viral after it was posted on Facebook by the wedding photographer.

U.S. Marine Cpt. Caleb Earwood wanted to pray with his bride Maggie before their ceremony in Asheville, North Carolina, on Saturday. So with the help of their family and wedding photographer Dwayne Schmidt, Caleb was guided to the cabin where Maggie was getting ready for the service, where the couple joined hands around a corner so as not to break tradition and see each other before the altar.

"They hid me in a room and he stepped up on the stairwell and he stuck his hand out and I grabbed his hand," Maggie Earwood told ABC News.

"As soon as their hands touched he started getting emotional," Schmidt told ABC News.

Continued at the link.  Love is in the air.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 26, 2015 - 3:02PM #2
Do_unto_others

No offence, but she looks like she just threw up in her mouth.

And he looks like he's not enjoying himself much.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 26, 2015 - 10:08PM #3
Girlchristian

It's a beautiful moment!

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2015 - 12:44PM #4
Erey

awww, that is sweet

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2015 - 3:20PM #5
d_p_m

Seems like a depressing example of conditioned superstitious behaviour.

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."
― Niels Bohr

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
-- Albert Einstein

"If one is going to engage with the primordial forces of darkness, one must expect a bit of social awkwardness."
-- Penny Dreadful, season one, episode two
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2015 - 8:43PM #6
Aka_me

the praying should be done to ensure he keeps a healthy mind and body.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2015 - 11:06AM #7
Do_unto_others

Jesus Himself told us that we are to pray "in secret, in our closets".

This was nothing but religionist, heterosexual grandstanding.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2015 - 3:51PM #8
mountain_man

Their marriage would last longer if they would communicate with each other instead of praying to a non existent god.

And, to hear tell by many self proclaimed christians; christians are being persecuted. How could they be persecuted if something like this has gone "viral"?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2015 - 11:00AM #9
habesor

Mountain Man,

May the Force be with you.

But I was wondering, what evidence do you have that God doesn't exist?

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2015 - 1:38PM #10
in_my_opinion

May 26, 2015 -- 3:02PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

No offence, but she looks like she just threw up in her mouth.

And he looks like he's not enjoying himself much.

"Going by your posts, you seem to have a hard time with empathy  .... for a LOT of people."

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook