Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Charles Manson's Engagement is Over
2 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2015 - 12:22PM #1
Stardove
Charles Manson’s fiancee allegedly only wanted him for his corpse

The news of infamous criminal Charles Manson’s recent engagement to a woman in her 20s turned some heads late last year — but a new twist in the story is even more unbelievable.

According to the New York Post, journalist Daniel Simone told the tabloid the engagement was a scheme by the fiancee to profit by putting Manson’s body on public display after his death.

Simone and a collaborator, Heidi Jordan Ley, are currently working on a book, “The Retrial of Charles Manson.” The authors claim to have spoken with Manson regularly before his phone privileges were suspended.
Burton and a friend, Craig Hammond, said they planned to place Manson’s remains in a glass crypt after his death — similar to the famous tomb of Vladimir Lenin in Moscow. They believed it would be a popular attraction for tourists.

See more at the link.  Manson is 80 and believes he is immortal.  The license expired last week for Manson and Afton Elaine Burton to marry.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2015 - 2:42PM #2
REteach

Sound unbelievably likely.  we humans can be quite weird.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2015 - 4:05PM #3
Erey

This one shocked me.

Not that Manson had a attractive 20 something fiance,  for some weird reason there always seem to be young women attracted to the most notorious killers.     But that they had these alterior plans to make money off the corpse, I did not expect.

But the joke is on them,  because Manson has said many times that he can't die.  So it's a bad idea.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2015 - 11:28AM #4
Unworthyone

It reminds me of the story of the 75 year-old man who shows up at the senior center social with a 25-year-old blonde bomshell on his arm.

His buddy says "You're 75! How did you score a babe like that?"

He replies "I told her I was 95."

“Some men see things as they are and say, why; I dream things that never were and say, why not.” Robert F. Kennedy, 1968
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2015 - 9:59PM #5
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook