Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Online Romance Flames Out
2 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2014 - 12:59PM #1
Stardove
Online romance flames out after woman gets stuck inside chimney

The perils of online dating are well-documented. But the mantle of absurdity in dating folklore might now belong to a Los Angeles-area man, and it's for where his online flame turned up: behind his mantel.

Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa had to be rescued over the weekend after becoming stuck inside of the chimney at a home in Thousand Oaks, California.

According to the Ventura County Sheriff's Office, neighbors called police shortly before dawn Sunday to report the sound of a woman crying in the area.

When they arrived, they found the source of those cries, and then "carefully dismantled" the chimney brick by brick in order to free the spurned and quite sooty 30-year-old.

Nunez-Figueroa, who was conscious and alert, was taken to a hospital for evaluation and then arrested by the Thousand Oaks Police Department, accused of illegal entry and providing false information.

More at link with video.  The home owner said he met the lady online and they went out on a few dates.  He also called the police a couple of weeks before when she was on his roof.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2014 - 1:05PM #2
Merope

Oct 21, 2014 -- 12:59PM, Stardove wrote:

Online romance flames out after woman gets stuck inside chimney

The perils of online dating are well-documented. But the mantle of absurdity in dating folklore might now belong to a Los Angeles-area man, and it's for where his online flame turned up: behind his mantel.

Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa had to be rescued over the weekend after becoming stuck inside of the chimney at a home in Thousand Oaks, California.

According to the Ventura County Sheriff's Office, neighbors called police shortly before dawn Sunday to report the sound of a woman crying in the area.

When they arrived, they found the source of those cries, and then "carefully dismantled" the chimney brick by brick in order to free the spurned and quite sooty 30-year-old.

Nunez-Figueroa, who was conscious and alert, was taken to a hospital for evaluation and then arrested by the Thousand Oaks Police Department, accused of illegal entry and providing false information.

More at link with video.  The home owner said he met the lady online and they went out on a few dates.  He also called the police a couple of weeks before when she was on his roof.

This is hilarious - albeit weird.  I thought I'd heard that she was trying to burglarize his house, but I guess I was wrong.  Please tell me these people won't end up on the Dr. Phil show Tongue Out

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2014 - 1:08PM #3
Stardove

Makes me wonder how Santa does it every year.  Laughing

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2014 - 1:21PM #4
Merope

Oct 21, 2014 -- 1:08PM, Stardove wrote:

Well, he's ... Santa.  He can do lots of cool stuff Smile 

I guess this puts that woman on Santa's 'naughty' list this year.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2014 - 10:16AM #5
BDboy

Oct 21, 2014 -- 1:08PM, Stardove wrote:

lol

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2014 - 9:20AM #6
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook