Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Where Do You Meet People?
3 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2014 - 12:38PM #1
Irishgirl52
Hi I'm new to the forums.  I am lonely, been divorced over 3 years and would love to start dating.  I tried the internet but I can't afford the better dating sites and the few I met were horrible experiences. 

I really am not into the bar scene and, again, I don't have money to go out all the time.  Church, forget it.  Unless I want to date an 80-year-old, they are all taken, and I'm not kidding.  They don't have any single's groups here so I'm sort of stymied.  Anyone else have this problem?  This is hard as this is not how I wanted to spend my years coming up to and after retirement. 

Just wondering what others do.  I'm in my 50's so that makes it a little more of a challenge also.  Look forward to chatting with all of you soon.

Irish Girl
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2014 - 11:59PM #2
rideronthastorm

Try meetup.com. they have tons of singles groups in your area. If you cant find singles groups or any you  like they have tons of groups on all sorts of stuff where you can get out and meet people. Art, music,politics, even tv and movie,tehre are movie theatre groups who get together to go out have dinner and watch a movie together, there are wine and bread tasting groups stuff like that all sorts of groups.

ALso if you dont like church or religions you can also try philosophy and of course tehre are philosophy groups at Meetup.com too.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook